You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The cunting Daily Mail thread.

Chris

9 hours ago, Arniepie said:

They devote hate filled column after column about desperate people coming here in boats yet try to shame the rest of Europe over Ukraine. 

There's just something - I can't quite figure out what - about the victims of violence in Ukraine that makes them deserving of our compassion, while victims of violence in the Middle East and Africa aren't.

12 minutes ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Even if he never sees power again Johnson could be a realy useful weapon for the Tories to carpet bomb Labour. Given his popularity with the loons and his non stick coating some of the more extreme policies could be proposed from his lips. Risk free.

It doesn't bear thinking about. We're already on the road to Fascism; if the Tories win the next election, the whole country is fucked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It doesn't bear thinking about. We're already on the road to Fascism; if the Tories win the next election, the whole country is fucked.

Yep.

Starmer is boring. Nothing wrong with that. IMO politicians should be boring. This is not a reality TV show. The tories could turn it into one with BJ and he wipes the floor with KS in that game.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Gnasher said:

20230123_235810.jpg

Obviously a ploy to distract from the current daily Tory scandals. Thing is, I don't think the average Daily Mail reader gives a shit about Ukraine or it's people. And I think the average Daily Mail reader is talking about the scandals, especially tax avoiding. 

They're on the ropes. Unfortunately, seems like they know they're on the way out and are filling their coffers as they go, burning the place down so there's nothing left when they're out. 

4 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Obviously a ploy to distract from the current daily Tory scandals. Thing is, I don't think the average Daily Mail reader gives a shit about Ukraine or it's people. And I think the average Daily Mail reader is talking about the scandals, especially tax avoiding. 

They're on the ropes. Unfortunately, seems like they know they're on the way out and are filling their coffers as they go, burning the place down so there's nothing left when they're out. 

its simply to raise Johnsons profile

1 hour ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Was there not some investigation pending? That much shit about with that lot  cannot keep up.

The news the other day mentioned the Commission for Standards in Public Life and it struck me as quaint: I remembered that there was a time (not that long ago) that people elected to high office were expected not to lie or steal, or bully, abuse or sexually assault anyone. And it was understood that anyone caught doing that would lose their job.

"The past is a foreign country. They do things differently there."

Mail going big on the countrys so called massive debt this morning. Desperate Dan Hodges continuing to push the rehabilitation of King of Ukraine Boris Johnson nonsense.

This belt tightening fallacy pushed by all these journalists and politicians needs to be resisted. Otherwise we'll have another decade of austerity light. 

• 2 months later...