You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Going to Devils Tower is on my wishlist.

I'd love to go & see that too, those things are always in the middle of fucking nowhere though, that & Mount Rushmore are two that I would love to see.

I've had to stick to making replicas of them out of mashed tatties thus far.

Ready Player One - Typical Spielberg romp with all the usual semi-autobiographical tropes: Abusive paternal figure, downtrodden mom, neglected kid escapes unto a make-believe world to find his self. OTT Spielberg by numbers and Mark Rylance is criminally miscast. Quite fun though. 4.82/10.

Justice League - First ever DC/ Marvel type reboot I've seen. Pretty decent despite my scepticism for super-hero films. Gal Gadot though. Crikey... 6.44/10

Get Out - Could have been a bit shit, given the shlocky horror-sci-fi premise. But really well-done and some of the acting is top-notch. 7.82/10

Blade Runner 2049 - Second time around for me: Just too noir throughout and the dialogue in places lets it down. Still a beast of a film on the eyes and ears though. 7.68/10.

The Disaster Artist - James Franco's film about the making of the notoriously bad film 'The Room'. Franco's performance is very good as he's simultaneously weird, charming, scary and raw. Nice supporting role for Seth Rogan as the beaten-down supervisor and Dave Franco is okay as the other lead, though I've never thought he was overly convincing as an actor. Funny and almost unbelievable. 8 out of 10.

Train to Busan - Korean zombie movie with a group of survivors on a zombie-infested train trying to get Busan. It was quite inventive with a pretty tired genre but some of the characters verged on caricature sometimes. Still, it's tense and thoroughly enjoyable. 8 out of 0.

Killing Gunther 7.5/10.

Mockumentary about a group of hitmen trying to kill the top hitman around. Pretty funny in parts and a nice cameo from a well known Germanic actor as Gunther.

I watched this a while back. Thought it was shite and had the production values and performances of a 6th form play

Infinity war. 8/10. Lot better than I thought it would be. Usually watch these in the cinema but couldn't get round to watching this one, tried to stay away from reviews and plot details but some knobhead told me a fake spoiler a few months back which I didn't like, thankfully wasn't true.

The Witch. 5/10. Watched about the first half hour over a year ago but then got bored, kept hearing good things so gave it another go, managed to get all the way through it this time but wish I hadn't bothered.

Hardcore Henry. 3/10. Interesting idea playing the whole movie like a fps game but it was generally shite.

Solo - A star wars story

Though it was really good. Reminded me so much of the older, better Star Wars films and fair play to Richie Cunningham for making a very well paced and splice into the star wars story. Disney are just fucking shite when they try it.

Emilia Clark is hot hot hot as BC LC would say

8/10

Anybody seen any good science fiction-y, action-y kinda movies recently? Or any psychological crime-y action/thrillers? Or something that has a few of those elements but also adds some laughs? 

Recommend me some shit. 

Do we have a movie recommendations thread? Someone should make one, that would be pretty useful. 

2 minutes ago, moof said:

Anybody seen any good science fiction-y, action-y kinda movies recently? Or any psychological crime-y action/thrillers? Or something that has a few of those elements but also adds some laughs? 

Recommend me some shit. 

Do we have a movie recommendations thread? Someone should make one, that would be pretty useful. 

People have been mentioning ‘Upgrade’ as a good Sci-Fi. 

I really like the new Star Trek films. Excellently done.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

People have been mentioning ‘Upgrade’ as a good Sci-Fi. 

I really like the new Star Trek films. Excellently done.

Upgrade seems like an interesting concept. I’ll be looking into that. 

Never seen anything to do with Star Trek, neither has the missus. Are they easy to follow for entry level jabronis like ourselves? 

3 minutes ago, moof said:

Upgrade seems like an interesting concept. I’ll be looking into that. 

Never seen anything to do with Star Trek, neither has the missus. Are they easy to follow for entry level jabronis like ourselves? 

Very easy, very good story, funny, good action, and satisfying. There’s three of them. Very good. Make sure you get the first one first!