You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri -  Drama, or black comedy depends how you frame it, about a mother who rents three billboards to embarrass the local police into solving her daughter's rape and murder. Excellent film, balanced the funny with the heartfelt drama and Frances McDormand is brilliant in the lead role, she should win awards for it. Her searing anger and matter-of-fact attitude is both hilarious and inspiring. Great supporting cast around her too and the film never felt like its two hour running time. Worth anyone's time. 9 out of 10.

Great film, and you're right McDormand was brilliant in it.

I wasn't really smitten with Dunkirk in the cinema, partly because the screening was full of old people, who almost certainly voted Brexit, who applauded when it ended. Stupid arl cunts didn't even fight in WW2 but they make out they're part of that golden generation. Anyway, I digress, its sound design was a big a part of the film as anything else and it must lose a lot seeing it at home, even if you have a good set-up.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri -  Drama, or black comedy depends how you frame it, about a mother who rents three billboards to embarrass the local police into solving her daughter's rape and murder. Excellent film, balanced the funny with the heartfelt drama and Frances McDormand is brilliant in the lead role, she should win awards for it. Her searing anger and matter-of-fact attitude is both hilarious and inspiring. Great supporting cast around her too and the film never felt like its two hour running time. Worth anyone's time. 9 out of 10.

As good as she is in the film(and she is brilliant btw) for me, I thought Sam Rockwell was equally compelling as the unhinged, redneck, mummies boy.

The Globes tonight and as much as I'd like to see McDormand in there for a leading actress award, I'd like to see Rockwell get a look in, in a supporting actor role. 

The scene/lines around 'the person of colour, torturing' was one of the funniest I've seen for a long while. 

• Upvote 2

Loads of people have watched 3 billboards but it isn't even out in the pictures yet it comes out this Friday.

Has it been out elsewhere in the world cause the copy on kodi isn't a cam copy is it?

That's what I was surprised about. I thought it hadn't been released in mainstream cinema so I thought I'd missed it but I saw a poster for it being released on January 12th. I reckon it's an awards promotion copy or something like that.

That's what I was surprised about. I thought it hadn't been released in mainstream cinema so I thought I'd missed it but I saw a poster for it being released on January 12th. I reckon it's an awards promotion copy or something like that.

I thought it had been released for a while but have just seen an advert for its release in the pictures this Friday.

New Star Wars. Not sure what to make of it. Normally I don't want these to end but halfway through I was looking at my watch. Even my 10 year old asked me how long is left. Not a bad film by any means but just missing something or had too much of something else. Not sure. Will go 7/10

Blade Runner. New one. Good film. Full of atmosphere, great sorry, fine cast. Can't really ask for more and cannot fault it without it being one of the greats.

7.8/10

John Wick 2.

Exactly the same as John Wick, which means it was thoroughly enjoyable. The first was a surprisingly good film I went into knowing nothing about, and loving every minute but knowing it was absolutely forgettable thereafter.

As it was forgettable, i was able to throughly enjoy this one as well.

7.8 homeless assassins out of 10 lovejoys.

Well in Sam Rockwell

Love Sam Rockwell, massively underrated and one of my favourite actors atm. Much like Casey Affleck in that regard, who co-incidentally played his bro in The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford.

Anybody who likes westerns or just anyone who likes great great movies who hasn't seen that, what the fuck are you waiting for dummy ?!

• Upvote 2

The Bourne Legacy - 8/10. This film is treated with derision by many but I love it. Great concept, great cast, cracking pace and superb action scenes. I hope they make another Aaron Cross movie, regardless of whether he meets Jason Bourne or not.