You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who held the smoking gun(s)?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who held the smoking gun(s)?

• Oswald did it
    • Hell no, Im a conspiracy theorist
    • I dunno, it was some cunt with a gun I imagine
    • J.F who?

That there was one shooter in Dealey Plaza, that the fatal shot came from the Book Depository, that the recreated head shot recorded the exact same dispersal of matter in all directions that actually happened and that any shots from the Grassy Knoll would have created and entirely different outcome.

Oswald did the shewdin'...well, whoever was in the Book Depository did the shewdin' and he was the only shooter in attendance on the day.

EDIT....well, if there was a shooter on the Knoll, or anywhere else for that matter, they missed.

Nowadays, with the technology out there you feel that they could have just as easily proved that the shot came from the grassy knoll.

Nowadays, with the technology out there you feel that they could have just as easily proved that the shot came from the grassy knoll.

A shot from the Grassy Knoll would have blown his head to bits and killed Jackie. The entrance and exit wounds and the dispersal of blood, skull etc is consistent with a shot from above and behind and from that trajectory and distance. Whoever killed Kennedy did it from the Book Depository.

A shot from the Grassy Knoll would have blown his head to bits and killed Jackie. The entrance and exit wounds and the dispersal of blood, skull etc is consistent with a shot from above and behind and from that trajectory and distance. Whoever killed Kennedy did it from the Book Depository.

Surely that depends on the calabre of the bullet. A lot of contract killer use .22s as they cause less of a mess.

Surely that depends on the calabre of the bullet. A lot of contract killer use .22s as they cause less of a mess.

The shot from the Knoll was only around 100 feet away. Unless you were using a potato gun it would have blown his head apart.

Plus, more importantly, the entrance and exit wounds would have been in an entirely different place. The exit would was on the right front of the skull, that is where the bullet would have entered from the Knoll and would have blown the left side and the back of his head clean off.

How did they explain Kennedys head projecting backwards towards the place the bullet came from when shot instead of forwards with the impact as you'd expect?

How did they explain Kennedys head projecting backwards towards the place the bullet came from when shot instead of forwards with the impact as you'd expect?

They didn't, but that 'back and across' mantra from the JFK fillum is just myth.

A body can react in all sorts of different ways from the impact of a bullet. Plus Jack wore a truss which meant that his body would have been extra supported and would have changed the way in which his posture would have reacted to the impact.

The 'back and across' is well overplayed, almost poetic licence if you like. The massive impact on the front right of his head was the exit wound as the bullet expanded after contact. The entrance wound was at the back of his head, the portion of his skull that was blown away was from an exit wound.

Bare in mind the fella that is typing this post was once a staunch conspiracy theorist. I am 200% convinced that there was only one gunman in Dealey Plaza that day and he shot from the Book Depository. Whether Oswald pulled the trigger is another argument entirely. Once you get to know the 'psychology' of Oswald, then you can believe 100% that he did the shewdin'.

They didn't, but that 'back and across' mantra from the JFK fillum is just myth.

A body can react in all sorts of different ways from the impact of a bullet. Plus Jack wore a truss which meant that his body would have been extra supported and would have changed the way in which his posture would have reacted to the impact.

The 'back and across' is well overplayed, almost poetic licence if you like. The massive impact on the front right of his head was the exit wound as the bullet expanded after contact. The entrance wound was at the back of his head, the portion of his skull that was blown away was from an exit wound.

Bare in mind the fella that is typing this post was once a staunch conspiracy theorist. I am 200% convinced that there was only one gunman in Dealey Plaza that day and he shot from the Book Depository. Whether Oswald pulled the trigger is another argument entirely. Once you get to know the 'psychology' of Oswald, then you can believe 100% that he did the shewdin'.

Ok, but what about the ability to actually make the needed shot in the time given. Correct me if I'm wrong but only three bullet casings were found in the book depository so 1 bullet had to do the damage in Kenneds back and then enter governor connelly and cause the awful injuries he suffered. The next caused the head shot that can clearly be seen on tape. There was one other bullet that missed and slightly injured a bystander some 100 yards away. So 2 bullets did all that damame to Kennedy and Connelly and one of those bullets was found in near perfect condition at the hospital later? That's some amount of famage for teh first bullet to inflict on 2 people.

Ok, but what about the ability to actually make the needed shot in the time given. Correct me if I'm wrong but only three bullet casings were found in the book depository so 1 bullet had to do the damage in Kenneds back and then enter governor connelly and cause the awful injuries he suffered. The next caused the head shot that can clearly be seen on tape. There was one other bullet that missed and slightly injured a bystander some 100 yards away. So 2 bullets did all that damame to Kennedy and Connelly and one of those bullets was found in near perfect condition at the hospital later? That's some amount of famage for teh first bullet to inflict on 2 people.

Again mate, the 'magic bullet' theory is all poetic licence and myth. Had Governor Connolly been sitting directly in front of Jack Kennedy, then the ballistics would have taken some explaining, but its all folklore and myth.

The positioning of the seats in the car meant that Kennedy was sitting to the right of Connolly, the seats in the front of the car were inset.

The line of the bullet from the snipers nest through Kennedys throat and Connollys arm was a direct line. There was no 'up and down and to the side needed'.

Only 3 shots were fired. One missed, one hit Jack in the throat and passed through Connolly's arm and into his leg. The final bullet shattered Kennedys' skull.

Contrary to belief and opinion that was propogated in the fillum, Oswald could have done the shewdin', he was a proficient marksman and the time frame for the shots was more than do~able.

Loved this when I was at school. My favourite subject from my whole 5 years at seconday school by some distance.

I've read a couple of books afterwards on it too, but nowhere near as many as PB15.

I saw that programme the BBC showed the other year. As somebody above mentioned, they could have easily proved the shots came from the Grassy Knoll.

The show was taking the side of 'Lone Gunman' and through all it's weight behind it.

Even though my memory of the show is hazey, If JFK wasn't sitting directly behind Connelly, how come in took 35 years for this to be noticed when it's been on the Zuprider film (sp) and shown in the Warren Commission.

Surely they can't have missed something that obvious & had to concuct a story about a bullet changing directions serval times.

Also, didn't the WC was said 3 shots were fired in 9 seconds. There was numerous claims in the film and book I read Oswald wasn't the best shot & even the best FBI & CIA men who tried to re-create this couldn't reload in that time, let alone hit a moving target?

Loved this when I was at school. My favourite subject from my whole 5 years at seconday school by some distance.

I've read a couple of books afterwards on it too, but nowhere near as many as PB15.

I saw that programme the BBC showed the other year. As somebody above mentioned, they could have easily proved the shots came from the Grassy Knoll.

The show was taking the side of 'Lone Gunman' and through all it's weight behind it.

Even though my memory of the show is hazey, If JFK wasn't sitting directly behind Connelly, how come in took 35 years for this to be noticed when it's been on the Zuprider film (sp) and shown in the Warren Commission.

Surely they can't have missed something that obvious & had to concuct a story about a bullet changing directions serval times.

Also, didn't the WC was said 3 shots were fired in 9 seconds. There was numerous claims in the film and book I read Oswald wasn't the best shot & even the best FBI & CIA men who tried to re-create this couldn't reload in that time, let alone hit a moving target?

This is a fascinating subject Comrade and welcome to the thread. Phil (Longo) and I have had a few discussions aboot the whole thing and as much as I'd like to be converted back away from the dark side, all of the 'inconsistencies' surrounding the assassination have been more than cleared up for me.

I was always solidly behind the conspiracy theory until about 3 years ago. Then, I had a few questions that I just couldn't find proper answers to and for. I don't mind telling you that a star in my night sky dwindled and died when I was converted to the dark side of the lone assassin theory.

There is no question that Oswald killed Officer J.D Tippet, none at all, and when you consider all of the objective evidence, there are no longer any objects standing in the way of that theory.

The shewdin' could easily be done in the time frame by anybody who was a competent marksman, and Oswald was just that. He was a sharp shooter.

It is only within the last few years that the ballistics and forensics have been assessed properly. The Warren Commission report was a sham, BUT, it came to the right conclusion but via the wrong means and for the wrong reasons.

There was only one shooter in Dealey Plaza, and the shooter was in the Book depository, the evidence is incontrovertable.

I'm sad to have to accept it, but accept it I do.

Once you get to know the personality of Oswald, find out what he was all aboot, its not a great leap of faith to come to the conclusion that he was the shooter.

Once you strip away all of the conjecture, myth and misinformation surrounding the whole event, then the conclusion that Oswald acted alone isn't a hard one to come to terms with.

I was once a stauch believer in the theory that renegade elements of the CIA/Military industrial complex killed Kennedy, but its all bunkum once you look at what actually happened.

I was in Dallas a couple of weeks ago and took an afternoon off to go and visit the book depository, grassy knoll and the whole bit. It was fascinating that right there on the treet there are two x's marking the spot where Kennedy was hit.

It all felt rather eerie.

Boss museum that though, aint it, Rev? Been there twice. Probably my fave museum ever. Standing behind the grassy knoll is so surreal. Back and to the left!

This is a fascinating subject Comrade and welcome to the thread. Phil (Longo) and I have had a few discussions aboot the whole thing and as much as I'd like to be converted back away from the dark side, all of the 'inconsistencies' surrounding the assassination have been more than cleared up for me.

I was always solidly behind the conspiracy theory until about 3 years ago. Then, I had a few questions that I just couldn't find proper answers to and for. I don't mind telling you that a star in my night sky dwindled and died when I was converted to the dark side of the lone assassin theory.

There is no question that Oswald killed Officer J.D Tippet, none at all, and when you consider all of the objective evidence, there are no longer any objects standing in the way of that theory.

The shewdin' could easily be done in the time frame by anybody who was a competent marksman, and Oswald was just that. He was a sharp shooter.

It is only within the last few years that the ballistics and forensics have been assessed properly. The Warren Commission report was a sham, BUT, it came to the right conclusion but via the wrong means and for the wrong reasons.

There was only one shooter in Dealey Plaza, and the shooter was in the Book depository, the evidence is incontrovertable.

Once you get to know the personality of Oswald, find out what he was all aboot, its not a great leap of faith to come to the conclusion that he was the shooter.

Once you strip away all of the conjecture, myth and misinformation surrounding the whole event, then the conclusion that Oswald acted alone isn't a hard one to come to terms with.

I was once a stauch believer in the theory that renegade elements of the CIA/Military industrial complex killed Kennedy, but its all bunkum once you look at what actually happened.

Hmmmmm.....

That doesn't answer my questions though PB15.

No matter how poor the WC was, surely it would have noticed if JFK & Connelly's seats were not alligned. Surely Garison would have noticed this? Surely one of the many authors or documentary producers who have done a piece of work on the assassination, would have noticed this before the documentary we've seen noticed it?

I don't know if this was in any of the books you have read, but this was the very first I had heard of this.

Also, in an earlier post you said there were 6 shots in 12 seconds. The WC states there were 3 shots in 9. One of the main things we were taught in school & were central to the film that even though he was a marksman, Oswald wasn't a very good one.

Also, the gun he used was an Itailian Beretta with a bent nib.

I'm sure it was proved that even the leading marksmen in the Secret Service couldn't load & reload 3 shots in 9 seconds & hit a moving target with the same gun, let alone 6 in 12.

What about the guy opening the umbrella just as the car turned into the Plaza or the number off witnesses who claimed to have saw something or somebody on the grassy knoll that day who's statements were lost or they died in mysterious circumstances or the doctored photo of Oswald holding a rifle in his back garden?

As I said, my memory of this documentarty is nowhere near as good as my memory as the rest of the conspiracy stuff but I still had multiple questions on it after seeing it the other year.

I thought there were plenty of doubts thrown up from Tippit's killing though, Rob. Wasnt there a few witnesses that totally failed to identify Oswald as the shooter? And something about a policeman at the scene marking the shell cases with his initials, which then turned up mark free, after being handed over to the Dallas crime lab personnel? I'm sure there were more, i'd need to read up on them, but i recall that although it may have looked likely that Oswald killed him, it was far from an open and shut case.

That doesn't answer my questions though PB15.

No matter how poor the WC was, surely it would have noticed if JFK & Connelly's seats were not alligned. Surely Garison would have noticed this? Surely one of the many authors or documentary producers who have done a piece of work on the assassination, would have noticed this before the documentary we've seen noticed it?

I don't know if this was in any of the books you have read, but this was the very first I had heard of this.

Also, in an earlier post you said there were 6 shots in 12 seconds. The WC states there were 3 shots in 9. One of the main things we were taught in school & were central to the film that even though he was a marksman, Oswald wasn't a very good one.

Also, the gun he used was an Itailian Beretta with a bent nib.

I'm sure it was proved that even the leading marksmen in the Secret Service couldn't load & reload 3 shots in 9 seconds & hit a moving target with the same gun, let alone 6 in 12.

What about the guy opening the umbrella just as the car turned into the Plaza or the number off witnesses who claimed to have saw something or somebody on the grassy knoll that day who's statements were lost or they died in mysterious circumstances or the doctored photo of Oswald holding a rifle in his back garden?

As I said, my memory of this documentarty is nowhere near as good as my memory as the rest of the conspiracy stuff but I still had multiple questions on it after seeing it the other year.

The problem i have with that documentary is that it was so one sided i failed to connect with it at all.