You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who held the smoking gun(s)?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who held the smoking gun(s)?

• Oswald did it
    • Hell no, Im a conspiracy theorist
    • I dunno, it was some cunt with a gun I imagine
    • J.F who?

Guest PaddyBerger15

Who shot Kennedy?

Do we believe the Warren Commission version that Oswald was the lone gunman, or do we believe that he was killed by renegade elements within the C.I.A for the purposes of prolonging the 'Cold War' and for the benefit of the Military/Industrial complex?

Do we toe the official line on issues, or do we like a good conspiracy theory on a range of subjects on this board?

Guest PaddyBerger15
I just had a look for the magic bullet clip from JFK on youtube. It's not there. In fact there are very few clips. Hmmm, that's strange.

Were all the clips of witnesses missing aswell?

Guest PaddyBerger15
it wasn`t me.Although I do admit to being on the grassy knoll on the day in question.

Thats right, you were the one who got a collar for the public indecency charge weren't you? That was the only successful prosecution in the whole JFK affair...true that.

Guest PaddyBerger15
A hitman hired by Pete Bondurant on behalf of Sam Giancana.

:no

Giancana had him killed because Joe Kennedy reneged on a deal to have Robert Kennedy & FBI take it easy on the Mafia.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Giancana used his influence in Chicago and the vote went JFKs way & JFK became president. The mob did JFk and his brother Robert all because of their father.

I'll give you a clue.

On that day in Dallas in November 1963, there was one gunman, and he fired from the 6th floor of the Texas Book Depository. The same fella who shot Kennedy also shot Officer J.D Tippet.

There was no conspiracy, there was no triangulation of crossfire, there was no shooter on the grassy knoll and there was no magic bullet.

Which leaves ....?

I'll give you a clue.

On that day in Dallas in November 1963, there was one gunman, and he fired from the 6th floor of the Texas Book Depository. The same fella who shot Kennedy also shot Officer J.D Tippet.

There was no conspiracy, there was no triangulation of crossfire, there was no shooter on the grassy knoll and there was no magic bullet.

Which leaves ....?

Anti-Castro, mob hired former CIA operatives.

I'll give you a clue.

Which leaves ....?

"back and to the left...Back and to the left"

if there was no shooter from the knoll, how do you explain the movement of JFK's head after the head shot?

I don't think the mob had the muscle to do it all by themselves. More likely a CIA inside job with hired mob guns.

Guest PaddyBerger15
"back and to the left...Back and to the left"

if there was no shooter from the knoll, how do you explain the movement of JFK's head after the head shot?

I don't think the mob had the muscle to do it all by themselves. More likely a CIA inside job with hired mob guns.

Its down to the relative positions in the car and the angles of entry and exit of the bullet, plus the position and movement of a body after being hit by a bullet is entirely random, allied to the fact that Kennedy wore a truss/support for a chronic back problem would have altered his body movement after being struck. People assumed that the entry wound blew his skull to pieces, it was the exit wound, and when you see the relative position in the car and the angle of the bullet, then it becomes obvious that the bullet entered from the back right and not the front right.

It was always assumed that Kennedy was positioned exactly behind Connolly in the car, therefore the bullet that entered both of them had to do allsorts of weird up and down turns, this wasn't the case, the direct line between the snipers nest in the Book depository, Kennedys throat and Connolly's arm

was a straight line, there was no weird angle. The front seat in which Governor Connolly sat was set in by at least two feet from where Kennedy sat behind him.

There has been plenty of evidence which has been distorted, or misunderstood and has gone down as 'fact' in the folklore of the Kennedy assassination, which is in fact myth and inaccurate....like Oswald couldn't 'dooooo the shewdin' he could, he was a sharp-shooter. The number of bullets fired and the timescale involved is another 'fact' which was distorted also.

Watching the JFK film gives you an historical overview but no more than that.

For many, many years I had an unshakeable belief in a conspiracy, that there HAD to have been more than one gunman in Dealey Plaza that day...there was a time when anybody who tried to persuade me to the contrary got very short shrift, I firmly believed that there had been a cover up, Kennedy was a liberal icon and had been done away with by 'Cold Warriors' and rogue elements of the CIA.....once you actually look at the facts, the real facts, and understand the true person that Oswald was and all the things he did and what he was about, eventually you realise that he did the job, and that he did it on his own.

As I said, for years, I had a set in stone belief that the American Government had lied to its people, but bit by bit doubts started to creep in the more I thoroughly researched it...I love a conspiracy theory as much as the next cynical nut, but when the realisation came to me that in fact the single gunman explanation was the real one, it was like a part of me had died, for a while I was in denial, but thems the facts...and now I can't watch JFK ever again or read any of the books connected with the conspiracy, well meaning as they are, they are wrong.

oh and if you want a head fuck of a conspiracy angle on it, read "Crossfire" by Jim Marrs.

Yeah, thats a good read, but ultimately flawed.

It's been pretty conclusively proven that it was just one guy from the book repository hasn't it?

That film by Oliver Stone is a big pile of bullshit as well.

It has....JFK is a cracking film, but wrong. It has to be watched with a huge pinch of cinematic salt.

A 'documentary' series called 'The men who shot Kennedy' was done, late 80s, early 90s time which perpetuated the crossfire theory, this has been conclusively been disproved now by up to date technology. The final clincher was a programme aired by the BBC about 2-3 years ago, hosted and narrated by Gavin Essler the ex-newsreader fella, which made me sick to my stomach after watching it, which blew all the myths out of the water and dispelled all the conspiracies once and for all with sound and picture evidence and a simulated computer programme which leaves you in no doubt whatsoever about what happened.

I was swearing and cursing and calling him all the bastards under the sun for getting involved with such a shithouse programme, but the reality was that I was so angry and sick to my stomach because it confirmed all that I had been secretly starting to suspect for a while.

A big star dwindled and died in my night sky once I accepted the objective evidence. The JFK film is exactly that, a film, a Hollywood take on what was accepted as 'truth' up until 1992 based on Jim Garrisons book and with input from a few others.

Oswald wasn't a 'patsy' who had been sheepdipped by the CIA, he was an attention seeking fuck up who did the job on his own for the notoriety and once you understand what he was all about, everything else is not only believable but pretty conclusive.

The problem I think people have with the single gunman theory is a 'scales of justice' thing.

On the one hand you have Jack Kennedy, the President of the most powerful nation on earth, a liberal icon, a figurehead of the new decade of the 60s, an open and enlightened President that was trying to do away with the cloak and dagger shite of the Cold War, who was trying to sweep clean the influence of undesirable elements....and on the other hand you have Lee Harvey Oswald an unimportant and insignificant man who failed and fucked up at most things he ever did...the scales don't balance, how could one insignificant man do away with someone so important....people then look for something to counterbalance the scales and the conspiracy is that counterbalance and makes people accept that Kennedy could be removed by something so much more sinister and powerful than some tit with a mail order rifle. If you accept the conspiracy then the balance of importance is restored.

The CIA and the American Military/Industrial Complex may have a lot to answer for, but the shooting of Kennedy isn't one of them....as much as I wanted to believe it.

If you do the research and do the 'math' all the evidence is there for you and can easily be found. I'd love somebody to persuade me away from the darkside again, persuade me that the Warren Commision were wrong (they were right but for the wrong reasons) and there was a cover up, and there were at least 2 shooters in Dallas that day, but the evidence suggests otherwise....not the myths and the folklore, the evidence.

Great book. I wish he'd hurry up and write another. I reckon he's probably my favourite author.

Have you read Destination Morgue? Not a novel but a collection of articles plus a novella. Very good read.

A 'documentary' series called 'The men who shot Kennedy' was done, late 80s, early 90s time which perpetuated the crossfire theory, this has been conclusively been disproved now by up to date technology. The final clincher was a programme aired by the BBC about 2-3 years ago, hosted and narrated by Gavin Essler the ex-newsreader fella, which made me sick to my stomach after watching it, which blew all the myths out of the water and dispelled all the conspiracies once and for all with sound and picture evidence and a simulated computer programme which leaves you in no doubt whatsoever about what happened.

Yeah mate that's what I saw.