You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A Club In Turmoil?

CWD82

Deja vu as Benitez Lays Down the Law

Source - The Echo

"The loss of Paco Herrera last summer was compared to the departure of Patrice Bergues in 2001, which had a destabilising impact. At the moment, worryingly, that still stands.

Make no mistake, Liverpool head into the closed season a club deeply divided, with talented backroom personnel leaving (talked about McParland being a big loss and Macias' record with transfers and dodgy Italian agents being questionable earlier in the article) and many key figures barely on speaking terms.

If the summer of 2004 was considered one of the clubs most important in recent history, it may look like a picnic in comparision to what may follow"

Thats the closing few paragraphs of Bascombe's piece today in the pink. He talks of "shambolic" organisation on Wednesday and in the build up were Rafa had to give up his hotel room along with most of the players because the hotel they were staying at was block booked for a medical conference.

The piece is quite cutting and I'm praying it's being sensationalised. I felt a bit better yesterday when I heard Rafa say we're getting 2 in and it appeared we were moving quickly.

This has left me feeling a little less confident

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted I havent seen the full article, but its hardly the clubs fault if a room is double booked. I assume Rafa was fuming that Parry was entertaining his 7000 guests and kept his phone off,rather than create shit with the management, or maybe the club had not bothered to book for the Wednesday night as well, thinking the players would be on the lash all night?

I reckon Rafa is trying to get Parry out of the club. Just a hunch and wild speculation.

Agreed. Reading between the lines of recent stories and comments, it seems that they're not on the best of terms. And Parry's position is way more vulnerable than Rafa's right now.

I think Rafa is pissed off at the way he handled the ticket fiasco and the way that it sullied the mood and overshadowed the team's preparation, as well as the litany of fuck ups and outright incompetence that has been the hallmark of Rick Parry. It's time to put him out to graze.

Guest PaddyBerger15
if Parry takes his holidays and we miss out on players, I doubt most fans will be pleased

How could you even think such a thing, I mean, its not like Krusty has previous for the same thing is it..............? :whistle:

Guest PaddyBerger15
I can't remember where I read it, but Parry is supposed to be terrified at the thought of Benitez being alone with Gillett and Hicks in case he tells them the truth about his own incompetence.

That wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

I fucking hope so, I used to have mixed feelings towards Parrys position but this year he has managed to convince me that he is as much of a clown as we dress him up as.

A European cup team kicked out of there hotel room early doors? He's a joke and did he really have his phone off again?

Uefa book the finalists hotels not the club, the reasons for the room changes given in previous articles was down to the rooms being sub-standard, which I thought a bit odd at the time, so now the true facts are beginning to emerge.

Defo seems like rafa wants Rick Parry out, everything over the last few days has been aimed in his direction ,the slowness in the transfer market ,missing out on players ,not getting the first choice on rafas list but third ,fourth and fifth.

From the outside looking in ,the club is either in turmoil or changing for the better ,and change is always hard to do.

Who are the key figures not on speaking terms? backroom staff was it?

If the owners side with rafa which they will ,then theres going to massive change but does any single manager deserve such power? Its often said rafa hs a business head on him as well ,with ideas of how the club should be run from top to bottom even the commercial aspect which he probably thinks is a joke as well.

Choice isn't great ,give rafa the power or he leaves ,but whats the alternative? watch rafa leave and end up stuck with rick parry?

is the choice one of the other now ? and why does rafa seem to have a habit of falling out with people at clubs? he did the same with the backroom staff and the powerbrokers at valencia ,he's done it over here ,his strength and weakness seems to be that he is is a control freak. Noel white? shoved out quietly, steve heighway ,going going gone, rick parry ...won't be long.

I reckon Rafa is trying to get Parry out of the club. Just a hunch and wild speculation.

Thats the way I have been reading it for a few weeks and his reaction since the Cl final just really confirms it for me.

Hopefully the clown will clear off to Billy Smarts sooner rather than later

If the relationship between a manager and a CEO is strong then you would expect that the manager would have his concerns dealt with by the CEO. Although Parry is not directly responsible for some of the decision he could deal with the people responsible if he felt he wanted to, I think it is his inertia that pisses Rafa off.

Bascombe was on Talksport earlier talking about divisions within the hierarchy and referred to Rafa as being 'a man at the end of his tether'. Foster Gillett not being able to work in the country until August isn't helping either.

Bascombe was on Talksport earlier talking about divisions within the hierarchy and referred to Rafa as being 'a man at the end of his tether'. Foster Gillett not being able to work in the country until August isn't helping either.

Not good news. As much as I love Rafa he does have to show some patience though. There are constraints in every business.

I hate it when Bascombe writes these kind of stories. I know he can't print the exact facts but it leads to wild speculation, it destroys moral and it leads to infighting amongst the staff.

Maybe Rafa is off and Ged's coming back. :whistle:

Not good news. As much as I love Rafa he does have to show some patience though. There are constraints in every business.

I hate it when Bascombe writes these kind of stories. I know he can't print the exact facts but it leads to wild speculation, it destroys moral and it leads to infighting amongst the staff.

:

Isn't 3 years worth of patience as much, if not more, than most people can put up with?

As for Bascombe's stories, these have been doing the rounds for quite a while. People other than Bascombe have spoken about Rafa and Parry barely being on speaking terms with each other. Those working within the club all know about it, so I don't see how Bascome's publication of these stories is going to affect morale in the the club.