You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would a LFC v MUFC final be switched to wembley

Anny Road

Hypothetical I know but I think 80k people converging on Athens could be a recipe for disaster. Just the excuse UEFA would need to kick us out of Europe for a few years.

I know this is miles of yet but I cannot see one reason for keeping a final like this in a foriegn land.

It may piss of the Greek FA but they could be promised another top match.

Would Uefa have the bollocks to do it.

It's a great idea, but I can't see it happening. They didn't switch the Juve/ Milan final from old toilet a few years back, despite there being continual violence in Serie A.

It's worrying this recent 'upsurge' in police brutality at a time when- once again- English teams are favourites in European competition. But that's coincidence, surely...?

I'd imagine it will be too difficult to switch. Athens was awarded this final several years ago (I presume) and I'm sure loads of preparations will have been made. They would have incurred substantial costs thus far, and they would rightly be coming to UEFA with a big compensation claim if it was switched.

Another reason why it won't be switched is because the finalists will only be known by 2nd May. The final is three weeks later and this is not enough time to organise such an event.

It's a great idea, but I can't see it happening. They didn't switch the Juve/ Milan final from old toilet a few years back, despite there being continual violence in Serie A.

It's worrying this recent 'upsurge' in police brutality at a time when- once again- English teams are favourites in European competition. But that's coincidence, surely...?

90% of trouble at European games involving away fans involves English teams, that's no coincidence.

I'd imagine it will be too difficult to switch. Athens was awarded this final several years ago (I presume) and I'm sure loads of preparations will have been made. They would have incurred substantial costs thus far, and they would rightly be coming to UEFA with a big compensation claim if it was switched.

Another reason why it won't be switched is because the finalists will only be known by 2nd May. The final is three weeks later and this is not enough time to organise such an event.

Get Bob Geldof in he could do it that time.

Maybe Cardiff, not Wembley. The Greeks would need one hell of a sweetener though. However, I think the logistics of rearranging it after the semis is achievable.

The possibility of us v the mancs in any foreign city doesn't bear thinking about. Maybe that's what Platini would like.......

Anyway, let's just hope Roma do 'em.

Maybe Cardiff, not Wembley. The Greeks would need one hell of a sweetener though. However, I think the logistics of rearranging it after the semis is achievable.

The possibility of us v the mancs in any foreign city doesn't bear thinking about. Maybe that's what Platini would like.......

Anyway, let's just hope Roma do 'em.

Give em their marbles back?

I really don't want to play them in the final. I'd have a nervous breakdown during the match and die of either happiness or sadness at the final whistle.

Same here mate.

It'd be either the worst night or best night* of me life.

*Soz Marie.

I'm sure there would be a significant English policing presence over there, were we to meet United in the final. They'd probably have English bobbies travelling with both sets of fans, on the streets with their Greek colleagues and advising the Greek police force. I can't see the two clubs not being aware of the potential for mayhem.

I'm sure there would be a significant English policing presence over there, were we to meet United in the final. They'd probably have English bobbies travelling with both sets of fans, on the streets with their Greek colleagues and advising the Greek police force. I can't see the two clubs not being aware of the potential for mayhem.

Yeah and the Mancs would have their PR machine in full force already blaming us for anyhting that might go off.

Oh, and as a side, I thought PSV was a quaterfinal, not a semi-final.

That fat Norwegian lady in a Viking hat is definately singing, but the tune isn't done yet.