You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

AngryofTuebrook, on 15 May 2018 - 07:26 AM, said:

Did you see that one who just won Eurovision is an Israeli military veteran.

And people complained about racism because she wore a kimono.

All Israelis have to do a military service stint I believe, so not really sure you can have a go at some warbler for that.

So Hamas bear no responsibility at all for starting violent riots in the first place?

Protesters destroyed the pipes that bring fuel and water to Gaza the other day, I suppose they bear no responsibility for that either.

Strontium Dog, on 15 May 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

So Hamas bear no responsibility at all for starting violent riots in the first place?

Protesters destroyed the pipes that bring fuel and water to Gaza the other day, I suppose they bear no responsibility for that either.

What was the violence?

And was it in proportion to deliberately murdering dozens of people?

I've seen many a "violent riot" quelled without the need for 50 plus murders and 2000 plus injuries. It's classic diversion tactics from the Israeli propaganda machine. Even if violence was incited, no Israeli national or soldier was ever at risk. There was absolutely no need to partake in mass murder and the situation could've easily been managed without resorting to such brutal tactics.

I think the blame definitely lies a lot more with overzealous and disproportionate "self defence" than alleged incitement of a riot.

Defending the right of the state to shoot dead unarmed civilians.  How very liberal.

The day someone invents equivocal bullets is the day I'll engage with the bullshit "ooh, but you've got to see both sides" that Israel's useful idiots always spout.

• Upvote 2

I've seen many a "violent riot" quelled without the need for 50 plus murders and 2000 plus injuries. It's classic diversion tactics from the Israeli propaganda machine. Even if violence was incited, no Israeli national or soldier was ever at risk. There was absolutely no need to partake in mass murder and the situation could've easily been managed without resorting to such brutal tactics.

I think the blame definitely lies a lot more with overzealous and disproportionate "self defence" than alleged incitement of a riot.

Quite. And we're being charitable to Israel here by allowing the story to begin at this point.

These are people resisting occupation.

Genuinely mind blowing to see people defend this shit, or simply pretend that it's some equal "conflict" where the balanced view would be "seeing both sides", especially anyone with even the tiniest awareness of history.

I've no problem with Israeli citizens doing military service (although I disagree with national service), it's those who go from other countries to specifically do military service.

It seems to be mainly young American Jews who do this, but there are many from other countries too. I'll never understand why you would want to go to another country just to learn how to kill people.

As bad as the loons who leave the UK et al to join ISIS.

I've no problem with Israeli citizens doing military service (although I disagree with national service), it's those who go from other countries to specifically do military service.

It seems to be mainly young American Jews who do this, but there are many from other countries too. I'll never understand why you would want to go to another country just to learn how to kill people.

As bad as the loons who leave the UK et al to join ISIS.

If you were a cunt, and being a blatant cunt was frowned upon in polite society in the country of your birth, why not go to a place where being a cunt is encouraged, and the powers that be in that place would pay for you to hone your cunt skills, and perhaps let you have free rein to put those skills into practice with no comeback.  Ideal.  

• Upvote 1

When you link from a blog or FB, it hits the paywall for others. Much better to copy or paraphrase the most important points when linking to sites with restricted access. 

If you were a cunt, and being a blatant cunt was frowned upon in polite society in the country of your birth, why not go to a place where being a cunt is encouraged, and the powers that be in that place would pay for you to hone your cunt skills, and perhaps let you have free rein to put those skills into practice with no comeback. Ideal.

Isn’t something to do with Israel saying that any Jew around the world has the right to live in Israel, seem to vaguely remember something about that and Jewish kids getting called up by the Israeli army...

Quite. And we're being charitable to Israel here by allowing the story to begin at this point.

These are people resisting occupation.

Genuinely mind blowing to see people defend this shit, or simply pretend that it's some equal "conflict" where the balanced view would be "seeing both sides", especially anyone with even the tiniest awareness of history.

The tiniest awareness of history would be brilliant. Start with the 1929 Palestine riots and work forward from there. Make sure you include all the other times Arabs tried to wipe out every Jew in the region.

The tiniest awareness of history would be brilliant. Start with the 1929 Palestine riots and work forward from there. Make sure you include all the other times Arabs tried to wipe out every Jew in the region.

We can do that, absolutely. We could also talk about the only people and the only land that has been wiped off the map in that region and how it was done. It would probably be less interesting for you as you seem to prefer to focus on smaller crimes that align with your obvious bias.

Genuinely interested to know how SD reconciles this stuff with his hatred of religion, seeing as a good portion of what drives Israeli ideology is the idea of the land being promised to them in a 'book of fairy tales' and the notion that they are God's chosen people.

Genuinely interested to know how SD reconciles this stuff with his hatred of religion, seeing as a good portion of what drives Israeli ideology is the idea of the land being promised to them in a 'book of fairy tales' and the notion that they are God's chosen people.

I've asked this question before.

Usual twisty turny response.

Haley: 'no country would act with more "restraint than Israel'

US ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, endorsed Israel’s actions in a UN security council meeting on Tuesday.

Haley praised Israel for showing restraint as Palestinian militant group Hamas “has been inciting violence for years, long before the United States decided to move our embassy” to Jerusalem.

“No country in this chamber would act with more restraint than Israel has,” Haley said."

Christ...

We can do that, absolutely. We could also talk about the only people and the only land that has been wiped off the map in that region and how it was done. It would probably be less interesting for you as you seem to prefer to focus on smaller crimes that align with your obvious bias.

Last time I checked, the Arabs had quite a bit of land. They can have a bit more if they promise to stop attempting genocide.

I don't think you have the first clue about what drives the Israelis. And they've had more atheist Prime Ministers in 70 years than we have, ever.

Last time I checked, the Arabs had quite a bit of land. They can have a bit more if they promise to stop attempting genocide.

How fucking ridiculous. You’re either incredibly ignorant on this matter or you’re corrupted. Either way, comments like that are why you get so much stock on here.

• Upvote 5