You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

Yes but Herzl started off what we now have, there were about 20,000 Jews in the region before him (obviously the shit with adolf had an effect)

All true, i'm just saying that the epoch of the idea was 2000 years ago ( and it could've went back much further than that). The Karaite's started the actual pilgrimage back. Then there were examples of Jews returning to Jerusalem when they were expelled from Europe during the Crusades and afterwards. Some of them believed that the Messiah would imminently return and they risked their lives to live in Jerusalem. 

I'm talking about your fallacy that the desire to return to Zion was started as a secular movement. The other falsehoods are pretty much every post you've made on this thread backing the Israeli government.

Zionism is a secular movement. Sorry if that is inconvenient for you.

Oh, and if you want an actual lie, it's your claim that I'm supporting the Israeli government.

Over the past month; 0 Israeli casualties, and c. 100 dead unarmed civilians from the Palestinian side. I’m finding it very difficult to see your side of the argument SD. This is much closer to a massacre than a war (let alone self defence). It’s an unbelievably sad state of affairs. People should have the right to protest in any democracy.

Over the past month; 0 Israeli casualties, and c. 100 dead unarmed civilians from the Palestinian side. I’m finding it very difficult to see your side of the argument SD. This is much closer to a massacre than a war (let alone self defence). It’s an unbelievably sad state of affairs. People should have the right to protest in any democracy.

I doubt you even understand my side of the argument, aRdja. Everyone seems to think I'm absolving Israel of their gross over-reaction.

It looks like the Dog has well and truly drank the Hasbara Kool Aid.

It's all a tactic. You'll never get an honest discussion on Israel from his sort.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AntiBDSApp/status/996100470061006849/photo/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/AntiBDSApp/status/996100470061006849/photo/3

https://mobile.twitter.com/AntiBDSApp/status/996100470061006849/photo/4

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Zionism is a secular movement. Sorry if that is inconvenient for you.

Oh, and if you want an actual lie, it's your claim that I'm supporting the Israeli government.

It's not though, as has already been explained. Hence the ancient scriptures prophesizing the return to Zion. It might've been adapted with a secular intention to make it more palatable for the British lawmakers or whoever they sought favour with at the time, but it was never secular in it's ideology. It was entirely spiritual.

That's a shame, I was looking forward to hearing why you support Hamas.

Years ago, John Pilger made a good point about how Israel - and its useful idiots - use bullshit (as defined by Harry Frankfurt) to deflect valid criticism of the atrocities it commits against unarmed men, women and children.

It's an effective tactic, as long as there are amoral, dishonest gobshites like LFI to do the dirty work.

• Upvote 1