You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Israel - A Rant

Rashid

I don't think you have the first clue about what drives the Israelis. And they've had more atheist Prime Ministers in 70 years than we have, ever.

The post was aimed at you though and I'm genuinely interested in the answer, this is from the Jewish virtual library:

"The Jewish people base their claim to the land of Israel on at least four premises: 1) God promised the land to the patriarch Abraham; 2) the Jewish people settled and developed the land; 3) the international community granted political sovereignty in Palestine to the Jewish people and 4) the territory was captured in defensive wars."

I'm not saying the land belongs to the Jews or Palestinians, or what other factors imply 'ownership' Of a land, but Israel- unlike virtually any other country in the world - is seen as a spiritual home of a particular race, and much of that comes from a text you claim to think of as something akin to an early Harry Potter book, so I'm just genuinely fascinated in how you reconcile the two.

How fucking ridiculous. You’re either incredibly ignorant on this matter or you’re corrupted. Either way, comments like that are why you get so much stock on here.

What's ridiculous? Land for peace is a long established legal principle in the Middle East.

The post was aimed at you though and I'm genuinely interested in the answer, this is from the Jewish virtual library:

"The Jewish people base their claim to the land of Israel on at least four premises: 1) God promised the land to the patriarch Abraham; 2) the Jewish people settled and developed the land; 3) the international community granted political sovereignty in Palestine to the Jewish people and 4) the territory was captured in defensive wars."

I'm not saying the land belongs to the Jews or Palestinians, or what other factors imply 'ownership' Of a land, but Israel- unlike virtually any other country in the world - is seen as a spiritual home of a particular race, and much of that comes from a text you claim to think of as something akin to an early Harry Potter book, so I'm just genuinely fascinated in how you reconcile the two.

Zionism began as a secular movement that has nothing to do with promises in magic books. No doubt there are plenty of religious zealots who see it differently.

Emily Thornberry in a parliamentary debate today cited anecdotal evidence (which obviously needs substantiating) that the IDF murderers used a type of ammunition that is known to cause more internal harm than standard ammo due to it "mushrooming" and splintering upon impact.

I also saw a poll yesterday that showed that (of those surveyed) around 75% plus of Israelis agree with the IDF's actions at the recent Gaza demonstrations.

The vast majority of the nation advocate and are therefore complicit in these murders.

Maybe it's time to resurrect the bus bombings, to see if they still have such a lackadaisical view of mass murder?

Emily Thornberry in a parliamentary debate today cited anecdotal evidence (which obviously needs substantiating) that the IDF murderers used a type of ammunition that is known to cause more internal harm than standard ammo due to it "mushrooming" and splintering upon impact.

I also saw a poll yesterday that showed that (of those surveyed) around 75% plus of Israelis agree with the IDF's actions at the recent Gaza demonstrations.

The vast majority of the nation advocate and are therefore complicit in these murders.

Maybe it's time to resurrect the bus bombings, to see if they still have such a lackadaisical view of mass murder?

Mmm, data from a poll? Is this a change in policy?

You sound like you'd fit right in with yours.

Zionism began as a secular movement that has nothing to do with promises in magic books. No doubt there are plenty of religious zealots who see it differently.

Judging by the fact that the first use of the word Zionism was in the 1890's and the Torah is at least 3000 years old i would hazard a guess at that being another peddled falsehood on your part.

Judging by the fact that the first use of the word Zionism was in the 1890's and the Torah is at least 3000 years old i would hazard a guess at that being another peddled falsehood on your part.

What on earth are you talking about? And where was the first falsehood to which this is an additional one?

What on earth are you talking about? And where was the first falsehood to which this is an additional one?

I'm talking about your fallacy that the desire to return to Zion was started as a secular movement. The other falsehoods are pretty much every post you've made on this thread backing the Israeli government.

Some cunt whose house I am living in since I booted him out in the middle of the night. Is wandering up and down the street picking up stones.

I know he hates me but I dreamt it was my house so he can fuck off.

Anyway my missus and I can’t enjoy a peaceful night in out of fear of what he may do so I’ve ordered an Apache gunship off EBay.

• Upvote 5

Some cunt whose house I am living in since I booted him out in the middle of the night. Is wandering up and down the street picking up stones.

I know he hates me but I dreamt it was my house so he can fuck off.

Anyway my missus and I can’t enjoy a peaceful night in out of fear of what he may do so I’ve ordered an Apache gunship off EBay.

Have you considered putting him in a cage?

It was Secular until the 70's as it was left based and wanted peace for land etc, the Zionist right which is more religious and doesn't give a shit about peace it seems to care about land for itself though. Least my understanding....

Zionism existed well before the late 1890's, whether it was referred to by a specific name or not. After the exile of Babylon, 50,000 of them returned to Mt Zion. It was referred to as their homeland then. That was nearly 2000 years ago.