You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mo, The Vote - time to go?

Mo the poll - stay or go?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Mo this summer, assuming we take it out of the hands of the new manager

• Offer a new deal and keep him till the end of his career
    • Let him see out his contract
    • Sell him for any type of market value fee
    • Sell him but only for a massive fee

2 hours ago, Code said:

Why would we tell our best player he will not be first choice, are we looking for a midtable finish?

You’re a maniac, Code. 

I currently couldn’t tell you who our best player is, but I do know that it’s no longer Mo Salah. 

• Upvote 2

Has been declining for a couple of years now. Has still delivered goals and assists, but we’ve come to the point now where the team looks better without him in it. 

Still got a big name, and should bring a good fee to invest in the future. Looks like the right time to let him go, possibly a year too late.

I will miss his damb and blast gestures with his fist because some piece of absolute brilliance never came off, coz it was shit. Or how he majestically over 30 times a season curls a sweetly hit ball curling into fucking nowhere near the top left hand corner of the goal, or those rapier like half-arsed scuffed chances that only mere mortals found in that exact position, would finish, quite simply and with little fuss. I’ll miss all of that.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I'd sell but it's entirely down to his age..he isn't going to get any better and the talk he's got 3 or 4 years at the top level is just bullshit to me. He's past his peak but even past his peak most players don't reach the level he is sliding towards let alone where he actually is at. The future is not him at the forefront of our team it just isn't. All things must pass.. fuck puns. Slot and Edwards better have a new vision because if we drag the arse out of this team clinging onto the idea we can replicate versions of Klopps best team then LFC is fucked. 

Let Edwards do his thing and oversee a good fee, ideally with Saudi; it feels like he’s been itching to go that hellhole for a while. 

The message will obviously be you can buy him if you wish but it’ll cost you, look at his numbers, lifestyle, ambassadorial value etc 

Problem is, I’d be open to Diaz and Nunez being moved on too and quite like that Gyokeres lad as the main 9. 

You’d imagine the new fella will want to work with Gakpo and Jota, albeit injury prone, is versatile and if he favours 4-2-3-1, you’d imagine he’d start Szoboslai off the right. 

Edwards won’t let 3 go but Salah plus one of Diaz/Nunez would release funds for a reasonable remodelling of the attack, plus whatever budget he gets out of tightarse FSG. 

He’s walked around for weeks now, to get a cob on and mouth off after being benched, is the end of it. 

What a player he’s been, those first 3 seasons were incredible - the speed of him, usually with some carthorse hanging round his neck, often ending in some dizzying run and finish. 

A true shame it’s come to this but the new lad’s system at Feyenoord looks like it values team ethic and is uptempo, he either can’t manage or be arsed with either anymore, it seems. 

• Upvote 1

Would've happily seen him go last summer for that £100m + 50m add ons, shame the offer came with a day to go in the window.

He's clearly well past his best, Stevie Wonder could tell you this.

Anything above 80m and sell.

Will always love Mo, he's one of our greatest ever but now is a good time for both sides to part ways. The Saudi's want him, he apparently is interested in going there too, and with the manager leaving this seems a natural time to for Mo to move on. His powers are waning too. He's getting goals and assists but his overall performances have dropped. We look a better team without him in my opinion, despite him still being our single biggest threat. If we can get £40M+ this summer we should sell.

Another thing I would say is that Mo's assist stats this season would be off the charts if it wasn't for Nunez missing every easy chance Mo created for him.

Not withstanding the point Salah should come out and apologise, I am quite sympathetic towards him because like everyone associated with the club all of our heads have collectively gone. 

Huge period of uncertainty of the future, Klopp leaving, awful performances and missed opportunities you wouldn't be human unless you where feeling some form of anger, disappointment, malaise or whatever.

As for if he should go, I don't fear it because this always happens and we always find another gem. What I would say is that he's failed the eye test this season and he's been very poor, regardless of the goal return which sounds harsh.

I would say that the attack is going to need some work this season, I don't trust Nunez, I don't really trust Salah. Jota may as well be clinically dead and Diaz has no end product.

We are going to need to try again next summer with or without Mo.

In short, I'm not arsed. I'd probably keep him but we need someone else. 

14 hours ago, Chip Butty said:

I will miss his damb and blast gestures with his fist because some piece of absolute brilliance never came off, coz it was shit. Or how he majestically over 30 times a season curls a sweetly hit ball curling into fucking nowhere near the top left hand corner of the goal, or those rapier like half-arsed scuffed chances that only mere mortals found in that exact position, would finish, quite simply and with little fuss. I’ll miss all of that.

He does have a leg to stand on. It's his right leg. Harvey Elliott, as a keen disciple, has been working hard at making his own right leg as utterly shite as Mo's right leg. 

I voted sell if we get a massive fee but if we can get the pre-Afcon Salah back on an additional year then that's ok too.

With Nunez also unlikely to be sold it does limit our ability to improve the attack so we'll be hoping for them all to improve their efficiency/stay fit.