You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So who should be our next manager?

Leverkusen are safe as long as Kane is at Bayern.

He made a pact with the football gods that he would be top scorer in every league he played in. But his hubris - and his stupid fucking slobbering face -angered them, so he was cursed never to touch silverware.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Chelsea have identified Brighton's Roberto de Zerbi and Sporting's Ruben Amorim as potential replacements for Mauricio Pochettino.

Its like they just read who we are in for. I suggest we start leaking we are in for Moyes and OGS and see what happens. 

44 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

And of course trying to derail Leverkusen 

They need heavier lifting that this I reckon! It's 10 points with 10 to play isn't it? 

41 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

IMG_1018.png

It's al.ost like all these twatter cunts make money out of these rumours and are happy to keep contradicting each other to keep this is news. 

Just now, Barrington Womble said:

They need heavier lifting that this I reckon! It's 10 points with 10 to play isn't it? 

It's al.ost like all these twatter cunts make money out of these rumours and are happy to keep contradicting each other to keep this is news. 

Clicks = currency these days mate. Hence why we’re still linked to Simao. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

No team has ever made up a 10-point deficit to claim the German league title and it is a gap that, if anything, only appears to be widening, with Bayern having won only one of their past four matches.

Are Bayern Munich heading towards their worst season for over a decade?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68440039

Tommy Two-Tone Tuchel throwing the lads under the bus - you hate to see it.

• Upvote 1

Don't fancy him for the job at all if he's leading recruitment. 

Don't think many of his signings have been  major success, Solanke eventually but it took a relegation and year in the championship and another avg year to work. 

Is it really that he's the fella picking shit players? We've seen with klopp, it's all about the coach when the players come in. We've barely had a player who hasn't worked out under klopp and those that have failed it's pretty much been injury. That's with 3 different sporting directors. The first and second sporting directors were an abomination working with Rodgers and the 3rd had been at mid tier German clubs. 

For me the role is administrative. It's making sure departments function, that they work efficiently, that we hire well as part of the data and scounting teams. Then doing all the dirty work to get the manager the players he needs. Then for the next 5 years it's about the manager. I can't get worried about all this stuff. 

I’m unconvinced by all these Bayern leaks. 

We do our work behind closed doors. Every story coming out about Xabi to Bayern only attempts to destabilise Leverkusen

• Upvote 1

Leverkusen want him to stay and are currently in direct competition for the Bundesliga title so the 'leaks' won't be coming from them.

We tend not to brief our every movement to the press so it won't be coming from us.

Alonso's representatives could be briefing to get the best deal for their client.

Bayern almost certainly use their friends in the press and any journalist that will lend an ear to plant stories so it's almost certainly coming from their side, so why would they say anything but they're favorites.

Wouldn't pay much attention to any of it until a definitive decision is made.

• Upvote 1

I find it odd how people seem to be dismissing the idea entirely that Alonso could be interested in any other club that us?

If he takes over at Bayern it'll be after them having failed to win their first league title in 12 years.  So it's a top club that's struggling but guarantees CL footy every year?  And he also played for them and won trophies with them and so has an emotional link?  Of course he's very interested in that.

We are hugely appealing too of course.  He's got that emotional ex-player link also.  However, replacing Klopp must be seen as daunting by even the most confident manager?  Maybe letting someone else be the next in line and then taking over from them in a few years time is a lot more appealing?

The total silence from Real Madrid, another ex-team where he won massive trophies, has to be a concern too?  They will be very interested.

And then the one no one seems to be talking about?  Saying at Bayer?  He wins the league and then gets to take them into the CL as top seeds in the group stage with money to spend on players?  This is surely appealing to him?

All things considered, I want Alonso as first choice.  But there's a very real chance we won't get him and I fear then whoever comes in is going to have very poor support from the fans, and the FSG Out gobshites will spin it like they fucked up, instead of the fact he might have just fancied going somewhere else, or staying where he is?  It's gong to be a massive overaction that will affect the coming seasons.  That reason alone is enough for me to hope it's Alonso, but I hope people can be mature about it if it's not him.

• Like 1