You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: We need Anfield to be at its very best on Saturday

TLW

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

This alone cost me £27:

Thank you for registering your interest to purchase Premier League home match tickets for games to be played until 31 May 2024. 

We can confirm that you will be entered into the ballots for the following games – Liverpool v Burnley, Liverpool v Luton Town, Liverpool v Brighton & Hove Albion, Liverpool v Sheffield United, Liverpool v Crystal Palace and will be notified of the ballot results via email on the afternoon of Tuesday January 9.  

Supporters will also be able to check which games they have been successful for within the Personal Details section in their My Account on the afternoon of Tuesday January 9. 

Supporters who are successful in the ballots will be guaranteed a seat when the ticket sale opens, week commencing 15 January.

Please visit our Members Sale Hub for full details.

Thank you for your continued support.

Liverpool Football Club

Wool.

11 minutes ago, dave u said:

I'm still pissed off with him over this. He needs to walk it back a bit in his presser today.

I reckon he will. 

His comments were directly about the supporters in the Main Stand behind our dugout on Wednesday. He’ll say he didn’t get his point across properly, the atmosphere is normally excellent, but we still need Anfield at 200% tomorrow. 

IMO, part of it is mind games before tomorrow. He’ll know Arsenals record in these big away games / atmospheres…

Last season - Lost at Old Trafford, lost at Newcastle, hammered at the Ethiad, blew it v us and WHU.

This season - Lost at Newcastle, lost at Villa, drew at Villa, at to shithouse their way to a win at Everton, fortunate wins at Brentford and Luton…

…as good as they are, I’m still unconvinced they can handle the higher pressure games. 

All i have seen him say today that relates to it is this:

"Bringing in top players, they had already a top team, bringing in really good players to improve the team. They did that, went through the Champions League [group stage] pretty easily and played a really good Premier League campaign, so [it's] a massive game.

"It's great, great to have them, great to meet them. We met quite frequently, obviously, and it's good but we have to make sure we make it a proper home game, a proper Anfield experience. That's all I want."

15 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I thought he was going to walk it back, as anyone can make a mistake when they’re pissed off, but we got that “Sorry if you were offended” bullshit apology.

I'm not a match goer, but it seems to me that both sides have a point. Klopp is right in as much that alot of our support do come across as entitled and the atmosphere can be shite at alot of games. I have though, in the past, sat and stood in every part of the ground and there have always been a fair amount of grumbly arl arses who never sing.

The supporters also have a point in that the way the club handle ticketing leaves an awful lot to he desired. He also can't get away from the fact that some of the turgid, safety-first football his side have served up in the past season and a half is hardly conducive to an electric atmosphere. 

• Like 1

I was fine with this and he is largely right. The Anny Road End development hasnt helped things this season of course but I can't recall seeing as many players trying to gee the crowd up as they have in 23/24. I'm not buying the day tripper stuff either. Couple of lads who sit next to me in European games are clearly not from the city but don't stop singing. I'm sick of the miserable arl arse shite in parts of the Kop. People talking for most of the game about any old caper like a load of arl fish wives instead of watching it. It partly that - entitled ageing fans who can't wait to get on the teams back or are simply passive. Yes the lack of youth in the ground because of the scum touting that the club enabled plays a big part but so do we all. We need to stop being such precious quims and get some fucking new songs for the new lads. Get one of the Diaz ones going, come up with a Darwin one, or Dom...Christ even just sing 'Aint Nobody Like Joe Gomez" for 90 mins. I don't care but bring something new to the party ya slobs. One thing I will point out though that doesn't help the managers standpoint is that we had a cracking song for him that caught on massively during the Almost-Quadruple season and got the crowd proper going. Atmosphere at that Wolves game end of season was a mixture of anxiety and proper raw passion. It didn't work as we know. Anyway he can't have it both ways and whilst as I said I largely agree with him on this, a bit of self awareness wouldn't go amiss. I love the big mad bastard regardless 

• Upvote 1

I think the reason many older people don't sing is because they find it hard deifying people who are younger than their own kids. I'd also add that football players just dont seem to be as connected to their fanbase in the way they used to be. It wasnt long ago you'd regularly see players out and about or chat with them at supermarket but now they are followed around with cameras and almost everybody has to be treated with suspicion. I cant say I blame them but its part of the overall disconnect. The lack of local lads is another factor as they used to carry the hopes and dreams of all young men on their shoulders and were treated more respectfully. Now they are mostly like Hollywood stars imprisoned within their opulent prisons and bubbles of sport and celebrity culture. Again its not difficult to understand why they do this but its a world most of the fans simply cannot identify with.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think the reason many older people don't sing is because they find it hard deifying people who are younger than their own kids.

Me and my mate are old. We sing as loud and proud as anyone. The old guy behind me starts the songs frequently.

The club should be creating an environment that makes it easy. Allow easier sharing of tickets. Promote groups sitting together. If you're putting on buskers, have them sing LFC related tunes. Stop making up shit rules about flags. Less hospitality and day trippers.

When I was young in the 1980s, the atmosphere was often shite.  As it often was through the subsequent decades.  People seem to recall (or have heard of) those fantastic nights like St Etienne or Barcelona where the crowd dragged the team to unlikely victory.  They were the exception rather than the rule.  Arl arses like me song just as much (or as little) as everyone else.  What has dropped off is the number of good songs for individual players.  As Vlad says, not many hold players in high esteem- certainly I don’t, the passion is for the idea of the club as a collective- not the owners, not the players, just what the club’s spirit represents.  Despite every cunt’s best efforts, that will never change. 

• Upvote 2

God some of you talk so much shit. I honestly can't believe what I'm reading here sometimes.

Good on him for trying to get the fans to make more noise. The man's won every trophy, completely turned the club around, given us some amazing nights, made us the best team in the world at one stage, all while playing brilliant football. He's totally bought into the city and every about being in charge of Liverpool.

He has earned enough credit in the bank to say what he feels. 

And some of you are telling him to fuck off because he dares to ask you to make a bit of noise? Our own fans are calling him a dickhead? Angry with him?

It's not just the teams job to entertain you because you bought a ticket. You aren't emperor's sitting on a throne. Asking for the fans to create an atmosphere and be more noisy isn't him asking to fuck your misses. 

Maybe he sees the new stand as the problem already. 57,000 two games in a row and the worst 2 atmospheres of the season. Maybe he's talking about the corporate seats there, maybe he's talking to the day trippers who've got seats there or elsewhere in the stadium because of the increased capacity. Some of you are taking it as a direct attack on you personally and your exact seat. Fucking hell.

If this how some of our fans are with Klopp, with all he's done for the club, because he dares to ask fans to make more noise...good luck to the next manager. He's going to fucking need it.

And before someone says "but but but it's how he said it" 

Shut the fuck up and man up a little. Stop being so butt hurt over words.

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

It's not just the teams job to entertain you because you bought a ticket.

It's singularly their job.

Dry your eyes mate. It sounds like you, who are angry. I doubt it was aimed at me. Kloppo loves me. He said I can sing his song whenever I want.