You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AUDIO RELEASED:

Nelly-Szoboszlai

14 hours ago, Turkish Delight said:

The comma someone put between offside and goal here in the subtitles makes a big difference in the whole debate of who knew what was happening.

The question before was 'The decision was offside. Are you happy with this?'. To me this Assistant VAR is saying it was an offside goal. He just seems like a yes man but when putting subtitles in someone has added a comma to make him look confused.

Screenshot_20231004_152034_X.jpg

Exactly.

Change that to Offside? Goal, yeah?

I see the British press at it again looking for a pile on

Klopp demands a replay 

Fucking pricks. After tonight's games Klopp should just sit there, call them all liars and tell them to write what tbe want as they'll make it up anyway and just talk to the club media for a while

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I see the British press at it again looking for a pile on

Klopp demands a replay 

Fucking pricks. After tonight's games Klopp should just sit there, call them all liars and tell them to write what tbe want as they'll make it up anyway and just talk to the club media for a while

Yup.  Not once did I hear him say he demands a replay in his press conference yesterday. But let's not let the truth get in the way of a little hatred & falsehood. 

8 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

They can call it what they want, but it is a ban. That goal at the weekend was onside but it didn't stop them calling it offside. 

Have to disagree, a ban stops someone doing something they'd be inclined to do. I don't have to ban you from sticking your dick in a blender.

I doubt England wants to ref at Anfield any time soon. For all we know he's asked not to. He's one of Webb's golden boys, this is far more likely to be a mutually agreed protection for him than a proper bollocking "ban".

12 hours ago, bossy said:

The ongoing fucking drama of var is doing my head in. It’s been shown to be as shite as the human eye, because humans still have the call. So let’s go back to spontaneous celebrations of goals and the frustration of a flag going up and fuck it off. 

Your saying we should reinstate what makes football and do away with what’s absolutely destroying it? With absolutely nothing lost and everything gained? I can’t see it mate.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, CapeRed said:

Absolutely lovin it. Those soft shites at Spurs bringing up the pen in the Madrid final as if a) it wasn’t a pen and b) it won us the game.

C) VAR looked at it and decided that it shouldn't have been a penalty but decided not to intervene.

It's genuinely mind blowing how thick people are.

• Upvote 1

From the Mail,

Darren England is the victim of spectacularly bad timing as a new book was released today featuring a Q&A with the VAR at the centre of the Liverpool controversy about what makes a good referee.

In the book, called The Football School Encyclopaedia, England answers a series of questions. When asked for the hardest part of the job, he says: 'Making sure you do not make a mistake that impacts the outcome of the match.. This is the worst thing for us.'

When quizzed on how he copes with the pressure, he adds: 'I try to prepare the same way for every match which is to stay calm and relaxed. During the match I remain very focused and just take each decision I need to make, one at a time! I do not worry about past decisions in the game as it is all about the next decision.'

At the bottom of the page is an illustration of England being interviewed and on what skills are needed to be a referee, he suggests being 'resilient, as lots of people question your ability' and that 'communication is a key skill'.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

From the Mail,

Darren England is the victim of spectacularly bad timing as a new book was released today featuring a Q&A with the VAR at the centre of the Liverpool controversy about what makes a good referee.

In the book, called The Football School Encyclopaedia, England answers a series of questions. When asked for the hardest part of the job, he says: 'Making sure you do not make a mistake that impacts the outcome of the match.. This is the worst thing for us.'

When quizzed on how he copes with the pressure, he adds: 'I try to prepare the same way for every match which is to stay calm and relaxed. During the match I remain very focused and just take each decision I need to make, one at a time! I do not worry about past decisions in the game as it is all about the next decision.'

At the bottom of the page is an illustration of England being interviewed and on what skills are needed to be a referee, he suggests being 'resilient, as lots of people question your ability' and that 'communication is a key skill'.

You couldn’t make it up

I bet a lot of our own fans complaining about Klopp asking for a replay (that he acknowledged wouldn't take place) are the same ones who were clamouring for us to do something unspecified. There seemed to be a desire to keep it in the news cycle but to speak in vague generalities without specifying what we wanted, an approach which ironically would have seen it drop out of the same news cycle. 

What did they expect him to say when he was asked? Unless he's protecting poorly playing players, he always answers questions honestly. 

It doesn't change anything, unless you're arsed about what opposition fans say. We've protested this one about as much as we can and the club have done a decent job in laying down a marker.

It's a shame the club can't form a temporary alliance with other big (non-oil) clubs like Manchester United on this.

Unfortunately, most fans are more likely to see the smaller picture than the bigger picture. The contrast between Neville and Goldbridge is a good example.  Most of us would be laughing our arses off if Rashford or Fernandes had a goal disallowed like last Saturday's. 

• Upvote 1

It was a rare mistake by Klopp to raise the idea of a replay - although it was simply an opinion rather than the table-banging 'demand' the media gleefully claim - but the mass of arguments against it beg the question: 'What actually is your position?' Take Wolves players and fans, who are protesting that if a replay happened, they should have one as well. Ignoring the issue of the difference between doing it when a season is still alive, and doing it after it's over, do these people actually oppose the idea of a replay or simply the idea that they shouldn't have one, either? The Neville-led campaign to turn the controversy against it is so desperate to seize on the replay idea that hardly anyone is willing to consider the notion rationally, rather than just oppose whatever LFC appear to want.

I see Wolves are at it now. 

Taking to the social media platform TikTok, Wolves posted a video from Klopp’s press conference plus footage from their FA Cup clash against Liverpool last season.

Wolves were denied a late winner after the linesman flagged for offside and VAR upheld the on-field decision after it was reported that VAR official Mike Dean did not have a camera angle of the alleged offside.

Why the fuck are people so thick?!

If the out come had been,

Wolves were denied a late winner after the linesman flagged for offside and VAR upheld the on-field decision after it was reported that VAR official Mike Dean did not have a camera angle of the alleged offside.  spotted that the player was onside but incorrectly told the on field referee that they were offside. Immediately realised their mistake and failed to rectify it, they'd have a point. 

It's genuinely driving me mad!

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Have to disagree, a ban stops someone doing something they'd be inclined to do. I don't have to ban you from sticking your dick in a blender.

I doubt England wants to ref at Anfield any time soon. For all we know he's asked not to. He's one of Webb's golden boys, this is far more likely to be a mutually agreed protection for him than a proper bollocking "ban".

Well that's obviously nonsense. My job isn't to stick my cock in a blender and if it was, I'd probably have to do it or move jobs. By all accounts these refs don't like doing VAR, but it's their job, so they do it. It's Darren England's job to do things he won't much want to do, including refereeing Liverpool games as he's a premier league referee. If he doesn't want that, then get another job. How will it be better next season? Do you think we can't hold a grudge? It's a ban because they've come out and told us it won't happen regardless of circumstance. Darren England will no more or less want to referee Liverpool in February then he will in August. 

Have these other fans actually listened to what he said? At no point does he demand a reply & when asked if the club have contacted the Premier League about this he refers to someone off camera and just repeats what they said.   

He even states if they went the replay way it would open a whole can of worms. 

13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Well that's obviously nonsense. My job isn't to stick my cock in a blender and if it was, I'd probably have to do it or move jobs. By all accounts these refs don't like doing VAR, but it's their job so they do it. It's Darren England's job to do things he won't much want to do, includong refereeing Liverpool games as he's a orier league referee. If he doesn't want that, then get another job. How will it be better next season? Do you think we can't hold a grudge? It's a ban because they've come out and told us it won't happen regardless of circumstance. Darren England will no more or less want to referee Liverpool in February then he will in August. 

But if you were to ask not to do something in your job - or agree with your boss that you won't do it - that's hardly a ban.

I never said it'd be better next season, or he wouldn't hold a grudge, just that the term "ban" is hyperbole at this stage. He's being protected, not punished.

3 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

But if you were to ask not to do something in your job - or agree with your boss that you won't do it - that's hardly a ban.

I never said it'd be better next season, or he wouldn't hold a grudge, just that the term "ban" is hyperbolic at this stage. He's being protected, not punished.

26 minutes ago, Megadrive Man said:

I see Wolves are at it now. 

Taking to the social media platform TikTok, Wolves posted a video from Klopp’s press conference plus footage from their FA Cup clash against Liverpool last season.

Wolves were denied a late winner after the linesman flagged for offside and VAR upheld the on-field decision after it was reported that VAR official Mike Dean did not have a camera angle of the alleged offside.

Why the fuck are people so thick?!

If the out come had been,

Wolves were denied a late winner after the linesman flagged for offside and VAR upheld the on-field decision after it was reported that VAR official Mike Dean did not have a camera angle of the alleged offside.  spotted that the player was onside but incorrectly told the on field referee that they were offside. Immediately realised their mistake and failed to rectify it, they'd have a point. 

It's genuinely driving me mad!

The cognitive dissonance is off the scale.

55 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I never said it'd be better next season, or he wouldn't hold a grudge, just that the term "ban" is hyperbolic at this stage. He's being protected, not punished.

I think he is being punished. Howard Webb needs a scapegoat so they won't come after him.  So what he's offered up is you won't get England this season and can we all move on. He doesn't want to sack his mate and he will probably know that the trip to UAE played a part, which he supported. This is all about providing a sacrificial lamb in order to make sure nobody looks further than England, when Webb himself should have the spotlight and in my opinion questions over his competency for the role he has.

Webb has been quick to throw England under a bus on Saturday immediately after the game without any due process (something which he's done consistently since taking the role). If he cared about England's welfare he wouldn't have released a statement so quickly with that tone and in parallel brief a number of reporters that the fault was England's. 

Howard Webb is working for Howard Webb. As a consequence Darren England is banned. 

• Upvote 5