You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AUDIO RELEASED:

Nelly-Szoboszlai

1 minute ago, Razoray said:

I just posted this on the corruption thread:

For clarity, the game in the UAE that Darren England and the rest of them officiated on last week, finished at 01:00 on Friday morning - UK time. Say he got back to his hotel at 02:30, that's two nights sleeping in different hotels, and 12 hours travelling (including an 8 hour flight) in just 36 hours, presuming he would have needed to be in Stockley Park Saturday afternoon. 

Not ideal

I’ve done those night flights to Dubai, it’s exhausting.

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Sorry Jurgen disagree, no replay.

And as sure as night follows day the Spurs fans are all over social media complaing they want the CL final replayed over the penalty.

But they’re too dim/biased to understand that one was a subjective decision, totally consistent with handballs given throughout the competition that year and was deemed correct. Saturday was immediately acknowledged as  factually incorrect. Sadly, tribalistic loyalties weigh far heavier than logic or justice. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, DaveT said:

But they’re too dim/biased to understand that one was a subjective decision, totally consistent with handballs given throughout the competition that year and was deemed correct. Saturday was immediately acknowledged as  factually incorrect. Sadly, tribalistic loyalties weigh far heavier than logic or justice. 

And it was a penalty in Madrid. When did this revisionism that it wasn’t start?

You can’t try to hail a taxi in the box and then try trick a Harlem Globetrotter would be proud of and get away with it.

Spurs are annoying me with this “whataboutism’s” and how it’s funny they’ve made Klopp lose his shit…nobody has any beef with them, purely the ref. They are just trying to butt in to feel relevant.

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

The quote to which I referred was a general one in its subject, as was my reply. Not apples, nor oranges. Just maybe a lemon for the deliberate twist of context.

Punishments have consequences, but the consequences, while not always welcome, are not punishments as such. The punishment of the PGMOL is not a replaying of a game, the replaying of the game would be the correction of a game whose natural outcome was made unnatural. The replaying of that abandoned game yesterday will not be a punishment of the team that happened to be doing better at the time of the abandonment, that's merely an unfortunate consequence of it. 

Have to agree to disagree here, we're into satsuma territory.

Taking away three points from a side long after the final whistle will punish Spurs. It may not be a punishment aimed directly at them, but it would punish them nonetheless.

An interesting take though. Good discussion.

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't know why more is not being made of him saying off. It's clear as day it's said. 

Is he referring to the static replay image or the lines, maybe? Fuck knows, as they apparently have absolutely no procedure for doing this, it could be anything.

So…. If a poster became aware that Darren England lived in the same village as his in-laws and that person googled it and found Darren England address (with matching DOB and occupation as Football Referee), would the forum all chip in for a pallet of Lilt to be delivered to his house? 

His middle name is Herbert. How appropriate. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

And it was a penalty in Madrid. When did this revisionism that it wasn’t start?

You can’t try to hail a taxi in the box and then try trick a Harlem Globetrotter would be proud of and get away with it.

Spurs are annoying me with this “whataboutism’s” and how it’s funny they’ve made Klopp lose his shit…nobody has any beef with them, purely the ref. They are just trying to butt in to feel relevant.

It's funny in their whatboutisms they also entirely forget Llorentes handball goal which put them through in the first place, as they seem to like to say the 'totally definitely unfair penalty' was 'karma' for that or whatever.

As for their current bit, it's because they are having their first good spell in a number of years and feel they aren't getting the attention they thoroughly deserve from the press and other fans for putting the red mancs and use away while drawing with Arsenal.

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

So…. If a poster became aware that Darren England lived in the same village as his in-laws and that person googled it and found Darren England address (with matching DOB and occupation as Football Referee), would the forum all chip in for a pallet of Lilt to be delivered to his house? 

His middle name is Herbert. How appropriate. 

Scott I’d think a lot less of you if this was a thinly veiled attempt to feed your burgeoning Lilt addiction. Just putting that out there.

15 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Scott I’d think a lot less of you if this was a thinly veiled attempt to feed your burgeoning Lilt addiction. Just putting that out there.

That totally tropical taste, she’s a cruel mistress. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

As somebody mentioned earlier, the Villa v Sheff Utd goal line technology issue the other year, we aren’t going to get a replay and unfortunately, I don’t think we should either. 

We’ve likely already got the best we can hope for - the referee’s have been thoroughly humiliated and process etc is going to change. 

Darren England should be fired though, preferably, from a cannon on top of the Main Stand into the Irish Sea. 

Klopp has said his piece now, he needs to side step any future questions on it. Let the club work on it in the background (if they can) and there needs to be a collective focus on looking forwards, not backwards.

Harness that anger into a positive and take it out on opponents by beating every club and their mocking cunt fans, out of sight.

We’ve shown everyone we can achieve big things this season. 

If Darren England gets fired, that absolutely can't be the last of it. England is guilty of 1 of 2 things. He's either made an honest mistake or he's made a dishonest one. I would imagine the latter is impossible to prove, the former no more a sackable offence as we see weekly from the refs. 

The PGMOLs own statement following the release of the tape, points heavily toward the crux of the problem was not Darren England specifically, it could have been any ref - and certainly any ref who'd been encouraged to go to the UAE just 2 days before. It's the lack of professionalism, ladish culture and barely even a sign of adaquate protocols (that they're so quick to hide behind!). Everything that happened in that room was a direct problem of Howard Webb..he has allowed the VAR room to be about the equivalent of a bunch of fellas down the pub watching the game, in fact they're so unprofessional, they're worse than fellas down the pub because everyone in the pub knew the lino gave it offside and that subsequently it was clearly on. He's also allowed a conflict of interests to occurr by allowing his staff to earn a coin off one of the clubs in the premier League. It's an even bigger indication of the lack of professionalism surrounding PGMOL and these trips are something Howard Webb encourages. 

If there's sackings, they need to start with Howard Webb. And then if the sword was also to fall on Darren England, well sometimes that's the price of a huge error in the workplace. But there should be one head only where the focus is on sackings, the south Yorkshire police cunt.

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Is he referring to the static replay image or the lines, maybe? Fuck knows, as they apparently have absolutely no procedure for doing this, it could be anything.

I think the sequence is something like "check complete", "that's perfect", "off". Within barely a second of them saying off, the referee restarts the game. 

53 minutes ago, Dave D said:

My immediate reaction when I watched/heard it is the thick twat was judging the Spurs player offside 

That is my thought too. He's paying so little attention to what is happening, he thinks Romero is offside. 

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Good job Darren England and Co wasn't at Nasa calling home the moon landing. Poor Neil Armstrong would still be floating about in space now.

"It's one good process for Daz, one giant fuck up for Mankind"

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

If Darren England gets fired, that absolutely can't be the last of it. England is guilty of 1 of 2 things. He's either made an honest mistake or he's made a dishonest one. I would imagine the latter is impossible to prove, the former no more a sackable offence as we see weekly from the refs. 

The PGMOLs own statement following the release of the tape, points heavily toward the crux of the problem was not Darren England specifically, it could have been any ref - and certainly any ref who'd been encouraged to go to the UAE just 2 days before. It's the lack of professionalism, ladish culture and barely even a sign of adaquate protocols (that they're so quick to hide behind!). Everything that happened in that room was a direct problem of Howard Webb..he has allowed the VAR room to be about the equivalent of a bunch of fellas down the pub watching the game, in fact they're so unprofessional, they're worse than fellas down the pub because everyone in the pub knew the lino gave it offside and that subsequently it was clearly on. He's also allowed a conflict of interests to occurr by allowing his staff to earn a coin off one of the clubs in the premier League. It's an even bigger indication of the lack of professionalism surrounding PGMOL and these trips are something Howard Webb encourages. 

If there's sackings, they need to start with Howard Webb. And then if the sword was also to fall on Darren England, well sometimes that's the price of a huge error in the workplace. But there should be one head only where the focus is on sackings, the south Yorkshire police cunt.

I don’t necessarily disagree, I just don’t think it will happen. 

The view will be that Webb is this countries best ever official (HA!) and he’s the right man to turn it around. It’s a fight we won’t win. 

We’ve all heard the audio now & process is being reviewed. Hopefully harsh lessons are learned and it never happens again to any side, especially to us! 

I genuinely don’t see what more we can achieve with it. We’ve made our points and highlighted what a set of bozo’s they are on a global stage. 

Time to move on. Turn the negatives into positives etc.