You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

September 11th 2001

Captain Turdseye

Can’t find the thread. Can’t believe it’s been 22 years since them slags smashed into the twin towers. It still freaks my nut out to this day. 

I’ve posted this recommendation on another thread recently, but that clip above is from the below documentary. 

E9yyyhhXIAY_E3F.jpg:large

Absolutely brilliant but harrowing series, put together by the 9/11 memorial museum for the 20th anniversary. It’s far and away the best documentary series I’ve seen about 9/11. 

Dunno why the Firemen in that YouTube clip had the camera with them all day, but as they’re the first responders there’s some mad footage.

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Can’t find the thread. Can’t believe it’s been 22 years since them slags smashed into the twin towers. It still freaks my nut out to this day. 

I’ve posted this recommendation on another thread recently, but that clip above is from the below documentary. 

E9yyyhhXIAY_E3F.jpg:large

Absolutely brilliant but harrowing series, put together by the 9/11 memorial museum for the 20th anniversary. It’s far and away the best documentary series I’ve seen about 9/11. 

Dunno why the Firemen in that YouTube clip had the camera with them all day, but as they’re the first responders there’s some mad footage.

The first plane was filmed by a French film crew working on a documentary about the FDNY if I recall correctly.   It was pure dumb luck they filmed it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pete said:

The first plane was filmed by a French film crew working on a documentary about the FDNY if I recall correctly.   It was pure dumb luck they filmed it. 

The film crew stayed with them all day, inside the lobby mainly where the battalion chiefs were meeting. They were in there when the second plane hit, they were hearing horrible thuds as people were jumping and smashing into the floor, all sorts. 

It’s not just about them, the doco. It’s full of crazy stories from all kinds of people. 

I watched The Woman Who Wasn't There documentary the other night. Story about Tania Head who was a survivor and lost her husband in the other tower. She became the president of the survivor network and had the most amazing story. Until it turned out she won't even in the country that day. 

I'd seen one about her on YouTube and it's fascinating but this one goes deep with all the other survivors who she worked with for a good few years until it all came out. 

groundzero_custom-8795a3782e1afcd514ec4e

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2114490/

• Upvote 1

I went through a stage of watching videos on YouTube and got a bit obsessed with what happened (not in a conspiracy sort of way).

I found it all really troubling and started having nightmares about it and stuff, it really wasn't healthy at all.

I've been twice (2007 & 2015) and both times were really sobering, I found the memorial extremely hard going. Those poor bastards.

• Upvote 2

I went to New York in 2004. We went on the piss one night and for some reason my mate autographed his passport and gave it away.

When he sobered up he said he'd lost it and was told we had to file a police report.

So we walked into a station and they had pictures and badges up of the cops who'd worked at that precinct who died at 9/11. Was quite a few, that really hit me.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Mook said:

I went through a stage of watching videos on YouTube and got a bit obsessed with what happened (not in a conspiracy sort of way).

I found it all really troubling and started having nightmares about it and stuff, it really wasn't healthy at all.

I've been twice (2007 & 2015) and both times were really sobering, I found the memorial extremely hard going. Those poor bastards.

I had a nightmare about it once, it's stayed with me since. Stood at a window of one of the buildings but in complete silence looking at the blue sky above then looking down on the city knowing I had to jump. Woke up almost having a panic attack. The monument is hard going but I think they've done it well. 

You can only pray that we never witness anything like that again. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

I had a nightmare about it once, it's stayed with me since. Stood at a window of one of the buildings but in complete silence looking at the blue sky above then looking down on the city knowing I had to jump. Woke up almost having a panic attack. The monument is hard going but I think they've done it well. 

You can only pray that we never witness anything like that again. 

Aye, the memorial is everything it should be IMO.

• Upvote 1

My best mate from school and his brother have  lived and worked in New York for over 35 years and on 9/ 11he  was working about 20 minutes away from the twin towers .

So when I heard about the attacks I spent hours on the phone trying to contact them I eventually got through to his wife in Long Island who had been contacted by my mate and assured me that both brothers were fine , Mind you he had to walk the breath of Manhattan to get his train back home .

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Tell him he has Turdseye’s respect.

And I don’t mind if he gets that quote framed and hung with his other accolades. 

I think I may have mentioned about some fella on a footy chat room and is Trump love - will have to check for interest first.

When visiting Trump’s Penthouse years ago while writing a piece on him, author Rick Reilly spotted a gold telescope by the window and looked through it. Trump said “On 9/11 I watched the Towers come down through that.” Taken aback, Reilly stepped back and said “Oh my god.” Trump replied “I know, it's solid gold.”

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I watched The Woman Who Wasn't There documentary the other night. Story about Tania Head who was a survivor and lost her husband in the other tower. She became the president of the survivor network and had the most amazing story. Until it turned out she won't even in the country that day. 

I'd seen one about her on YouTube and it's fascinating but this one goes deep with all the other survivors who she worked with for a good few years until it all came out. 

groundzero_custom-8795a3782e1afcd514ec4e

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2114490/

Woman, you say..

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Mook said:

Sounds horrible mate, actively choosing to follow and relive a disaster over and over, can't have been good for you, just keep visiting the General forum each day instead.

• Haha 2