You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) - Sat 18th Feb 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

"Lost in exceptional circumstances" - what, you mean 2-0 before anyone was sent off? 'Put in a good shift' - oh yeah, they were incredible, only one of them got cramp this time. Are Sky signed up as their PR partners? And Carra practically weeping at their loss with his sentimental MOM award. What a bunch of tossers.

As for us, more than anything we need training ground sessions on passing to fecking feet!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, John102 said:

FT: Newcastle 0-2 Liverpool

6d4b99ec-04f9-4bc0-b39a-3f4789daebc3.jpg

Chris Waddle

Ex-England winger on BBC Radio 5 Live at St James' Park

I think Liverpool are very fortunate Newcastle had Nick Pope sent off. If it had been 11 v 11, it would have been a different score.

Fantastic

The same Chris Waddle who said we would never win the league again in his life time.

4 minutes ago, J-V said:

Milner is class

All out into 50/50s in the 92nd minute. Not sure Hendo can cover the Milner role tbh.

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Good stuff. More goals would have been welcome but great to win two in a row and nobody injured for Tuesday. 

Nunez - separated shoulder -- 6 weeks.

4 minutes ago, John102 said:

FT: Newcastle 0-2 Liverpool

6d4b99ec-04f9-4bc0-b39a-3f4789daebc3.jpg

Chris Waddle

Ex-England winger on BBC Radio 5 Live at St James' Park

I think Liverpool are very fortunate Newcastle had Nick Pope sent off. If it had been 11 v 11, it would have been a different score.

Fantastic

Just about to post the same thing. He can stick his pelanties up his arse the soft cunt!

Good win, admittedly I didn't see as much of it as I'd have liked as I've had errands that needed doing whilst it was on but I'll take that, sending off or not.

Some of those chances I did see Newcastle get are frustrating but at the same time Ali or someone else stepped up big when needed which wasn't always happening for us less than 2 weeks ago. I think if we're honest with ourselves those chances on the counter have been something we've always had an issue with but VVD and Ali have been so good for so long that they were usually dealt with one way or another. Not to mention we were scoring more so it didn't seem as dire when it would happen.

Nice for Gakpo and Nunez to get on the scoresheet. Salah could've been better, Jota should've scored at least once but he's a bit rusty apparently.

2 wins on the bounce is a nice a little confidence boost before Madrid come to town and I fully expect 100% effort from all involved on Tuesday whatever the result ends up being.

1 minute ago, gkmacca said:

"Lost in exceptional circumstances" - what, you mean 2-0 before anyone was sent off? 'Put in a good shift' - oh yeah, they were incredible, only one of them got cramp this time. Are Sky signed up as their PR partners? And Carra practically weeping at their loss with his sentimental MOM award. What a bunch of tossers.

As for us, more than anything we need training ground sessions on passing to fecking feet!

Just the mandatory worshipping their Saudi overlords.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

All out into 50/50s in the 92nd minute. Not sure Hendo can cover the Milner role tbh.

In terms of tackling, I think you're right. Milner knows when to try pinching the ball, and when you need to take the man or the ball, whichever is fine, as long as you stop the move. Henderson's not that kind of player.

• Upvote 1

Ultimately winning and 3 pts is all that really matters, but it is clear we are still a long way fron what we have been and anything like what we were isn't going to be seen regularly until next season at the earliest....

But at least we have stopped the bleeding and maybe slowly some confidence can return and some cohesion and fluidity continues to inch back steadily. And at least there have been some flashes of better stuff in last two games.

Players coming back to improve options, hopefully players staying fit, a bit of momentum and this clusterfuck of a season may not end up a total write off.

I do think we had half an eye on Tuesday after the red card today too, which whilst not ideal is understandable in many ways.

Small steps and all that and from the nadir of Wolves recently that is a good thing.

Good win that. The performance was decent but a few problems persisted, particularly giving up too many clear cut chances. Alisson got us over the lines with some important, albeit straightforward, saves. 

It’s good to see Jota back. He’s rusty as hell and miles off his peak level. But, his movement in and around the box offers us something extra from an attacking perspective. Firmino was very rusty too and gave the ball away far too cheaply. But, he did seem to do one little bit of magic when he did a little trick and made Longstaff (I think) miss the ball and fall on his arse. Milner was funny when he came on. Just legged it around and hoofed some barcodes for a laugh. Salah’s finishing was tame at times. Gomez had a few of his brain fart moments too. 

But, fuck it, it’s two wins on the bounce. Two clean sheets on the bounce too. Newer signings scoring too. And, it’s always good to humble a no way riche side who want to create the aura of being a “big club” by desperately doing everything they can to try to artificially create a “rivalry” with us. And, most importantly, that top 4 place is very much back on and we’re looking a bit more confident and with more options by the game. 

• Upvote 1