You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (A) Premier League - 4/2/23 - 15:00

an tha

1 hour ago, waddy78 said:

Klopp has just refused to answer any questions by James Pearce in the press conference after the game he said "i'd prefer not to answer that question from you, you know why and if anyone else wants to ask that question  i will answer it then" whats gone on there then?

Pearce printed that Pitt the Elder is Britain’s greatest PM, knowing full well Klopp’s view on Lord Palmerston.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Bit small time of klopp that, I don't pay for the athletic but can't imagine pearce doing a hatchet job.

It's not small time, there are 6 or 7 journos that are given all the exclusives and in exchange they tow the line. Whatever he done Klopp clearly feels has broken the circle of trust. I hope it was worth it because being a Liverpool correspond with no access to Liverpool makes his job untenable. 

1 hour ago, andyj said:

Not really he has done it a few times in the past

Does it semi regularly, opposition fans bring it up every time it happens. 

Not that I give a shit what opposition fans think, just saying its not worth reading into it too much. There were similar comments about Klopp during the 20/21 season. Saying he looks drained/sick/ready to leave. 

If anything he might even play up to it a bit. Makes the headlines focus on him instead of the players, taking the pressure off them a bit. 

I'm confident that he can turn it around if he's given some investment. Time for us to move into phase 2. The current lot have given us everything they have. 

https://www.facebook.com/reel/863700591560857?s=yWDuG2&fs=e

I'm sure it's been posted before, but here's the thoughts of somebody who probably knows what they're talking about with this kind of situation. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

There’s nowt as fickle as football fans. Sadly, if results don’t improve, people will start to want Klopp out.

While true there is a massive difference between fans venting anger on social media/internet forums after another disappointing result in the heat of the moment and the crowd turning on him at Anfield. 

People can fuck right off if they openly turn on Klopp - even if it transpires over time he can't fix us, he will always give it 100% and after all he has done for this football club even if it came to him walking or being pushed he'd leave here as a legend with his head held high and with the very best of wishes and tons of gratitude from every decent red.

That is not to say he is beyond reasoned criticism mind.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 13

14 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

While true there is a massive difference between fans venting anger on social media/internet forums after another disappointing result in the heat of the moment and the crowd turning on him at Anfield. 

I’m not saying match-going fans will openly turn on him. They didn’t turn on Houllier or Benitez, so I very much doubt they will turn on Klopp.

I would be amazed if the Anfield crowd ever turned on the best manager we've had in many a long year he has more than enough credit in the bank for me .

I'd sell half the squad before even thinking about ditching Klopp 

The adage be careful what you wish for springs to mind about wishing Jurgen out of the club 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Klopp isn't above criticism he deserves plenty this season but 100 percent he's untouchable and i think 100 percent FSG know this.

Not in any way saying that Klopp is above criticism. Just saying I don't think FSG will sack him over this no matter what shitstorm gets started in the media.

3 hours ago, johnsusername said:

The cunts sacked Kenny for finishing 8th (and winning a trophy).

That's fair enough but it's an entirely different situation. I don't think they ever saw Kenny as a viable long term solution so they got out as soon as they could, if I remember correctly they wanted Klopp back then (certainly it was a rumor at the time) but he was committed to Dortmund so they went with Rodgers seeing if he could be our version of a young manager with a specific style. Then as things unfolded when Rodgers started to flutter and Klopp was available they made their move.

• Upvote 1

Klopp could finish outside top 10 for the next 3 years before i could even consider replacing him. But fuck me its looking grim at the moment from the management side. If they give new contracts to Firmino, Keita and maybe Milner just like Henderson, Gomez and Jones  have gotten lately we are doomed. 

One could even throw Salah in there but no one could see a slump like this from one of the best players in the world, it looks like there is no end of it.

39 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m not saying match-going fans will openly turn on him. They didn’t turn on Houllier or Benitez, so I very much doubt they will turn on Klopp.

There was no chanting against Houllier or stuff like that, but alot of grumbling and people openly slagging him off in the ground as I remember. 

1 hour ago, Funkasy said:

Klopp could finish outside top 10 for the next 3 years before i could even consider replacing him. But fuck me its looking grim at the moment from the management side. If they give new contracts to Firmino, Keita and maybe Milner just like Henderson, Gomez and Jones  have gotten lately we are doomed. 

One could even throw Salah in there but no one could see a slump like this from one of the best players in the world, it looks like there is no end of it.

Finishing outside the top 10 for 3 consecutive years isnt acceptable for any Liverpool manager. It wouldnt have stopped Bill, Bob or the King being sacked if that had actually happened on their watch.

It wont happen with Jurgen either by the way.