You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

1 hour ago, redheart said:

£110m for Caicedo and £105m for Rice

I think that I am pretty much ready to be done with football

Have had a really weird morning of feeling great about this deal and now more excited for the season to come, while walking past the endless homeless and destitute in central London, very jarring.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Well sell him in a few years, mate. Thats why they allowed the outlay, hes just 21, hell still have resale value in a few years. 

Maybe he will, who knows where player valuations will go..there's no doubt this summer is very skewed. It might continue. I just hope we have him on a Chelsea style contract so he's a long way off a bosman! And of course unless Saudi keep spending like this (and who knows if that'll continue), there will likely be very few clubs who'd be willing to pay the type of fee we'd want. 

If we get this over the line, I'll be absolutely made up even though the fee is mental. It's been clear he's a player klopp has wanted for 12 months as there was talk of a big bid last summer. And it completely transforms how the midfield looks. And hopefully his relationship with Mac will mean his settling in period will not be too long. That's all we ask. Back the best manager of his generation and give him a chance. 

4 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Brighton should send 50ml to Southampton to fuck Chelsea over

That would be fucking brilliant..could you imagine if they already had it over the line? I've got to be honest, I'd be fucking made up if Southampton get stuck with Lavia and he ends up being shit. 

• Upvote 1

I'll wait for the Axa lean before getting giddy about Caicedo, but if/when it comes off, it is an absolute monster of a deal. Just need a left-footed centre back who can also operate in a back 3 or cover left back, and this could be viewed as a highly successful and transformative window of the kind we have not had since 2018.