You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

The Chelsea fan twitter space if fucking hilarious, worse than our lot. They are raging, the owners are penny pinching. 800ml in one fucking year and they moaning. We are in a worst state than them, our midfield is terrible and we won't be able to compete.

• Upvote 1

newFile-1.jpg

“If Chelsea ring again, tell them to fuck off. I’m telling you, they all nonce kittens over at Chelsea. It’s a hotbed of kitten noncery. Players, club officials, fans - they’re all at it. Trust me, you don’t want to end up there.”

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Having given John a pass for another two weeks on the ‘buy somebody’ shouts, I think we can safely say that if this happens then it’s all down to me and the gracious way I’ve handled the transfer window.

I don’t your the only person who was remaining positive…

DC0AF562-23A6-41B8-A87F-2EFD020AADFC.gif

… I was starting to waiver though. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fair fucks if they get this done. 

Then go and get a defender..and another midfielder. 

Assuming this comes off, I don’t think we need another midfielder.

Caicedo, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Jones, Elliott, Thiago, Bajectic, Trent.

I only think we need if Thiago leaves. 

Definitely need a defender.

• Upvote 1

Fair play if they can get this done. I'll still believe it when I see it, put in a last minute bid for a player ultimately Chelsea bound?

If this comes off surely Klopp has put his foot down? I'm assuming we'll have convinced Brighton to accept instalments of 100 x £1 million annual payments?

3 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Assuming this comes off, I don’t think we need another midfielder.

Caicedo, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Jones, Elliott, Thiago, Bajectic, Trent.

I only think we need if Thiago leaves. 

Definitely need a defender.

Personally I would look at another 6. Then the two 6 roles can be played between Trent, caicedo and the 3rd player as caicedo can do a bit of right back. Even though I'm not a fan of amrabat, I wouldn't be against him for some experience and coming in on the context of not having to play every game and being able to get him for around 20m and I assume a low wage. It's important to keep in mind, you've listed 8 players there, but caicedo, bajcetic, elliot and even Jones have very little experience between them. 

My assumption is thiago will be injured more than not, so he's not someone we can lean on. In fact if we got someone else, maybe you can then let thiago go after the window closes and you've had chance to watch how the players settle in. 

I'm not sure how we're fixed for non-homegrown players though, so that might be a problem. 

5 minutes ago, clangers said:

Fair play if they can get this done. I'll still believe it when I see it, put in a last minute bid for a player ultimately Chelsea bound?

If this comes off surely Klopp has put his foot down? I'm assuming we'll have convinced Brighton to accept instalments of 100 x £1 million annual payments?

I don't really quite understand this supposed auction that's been run.. caciedo must have a say in this and surely he would get paid probably twice as much at Chelsea as he would here? It's not just we've stuck 100m down that seems weird, it's the whole context of how set the Chelsea move seemed to be.