You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2023 Transfer Thread

an tha

Southampton must be laughing their fucking heads off right now. Just get Lavia for 50/60mil and use the rest of the cash we have for a defender or two. Or go for Andre then however many others we can get.

Anyway at least we know there's cash now so it should be time for this clown show to start coming to an end by actually signing more players.

55 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

did they take a punt? or did they just bid in the everton/alan shearer manner? 

Think they did .  I would suspect there is a degree of pettiness between us and Chelsea ref Colwill , Lavia and Caicedo .  We didn’t bid this amount knowing it would be turned down by player with all the problems showing our pot of money available will cause in the next two weeks with any club we contact. This is not over by a long chalk if this wee shit does come I will accept him with open arms . He is exactly what we need even though I not fussed on his personality/character

1 hour ago, Baltar said:

This Caceido and Lavia debacle has left a bitter taste in the mouth. So utterly embarrassing and a stain on a club of our stature. To preserve the little dignity we have left in this window, I hope we stop pursuing any further futile deals and go into the season with what we have. Which is not enough but the dickhead owners have let the squad deteriorate for years now and our best hope is that they fuck off and are replaced with somebody actually competent.

And somebody competent would be ??

If he wants Chelsea then let him off. We should give him a deadline of 12 tonight and then pull out. I've no issues with a player not wanting to come and klopp doesn't want that type either.

We will have to pay more for lavia though but it is what it is.

Let's not all get hysterical fannyitis until its deadline day and we're looking in the jupilor league for a least minute loan deal.

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I haven’t been told it, I’ve shared what I’ve been told and have been consistent in that for months. 

I’m not gonna make something up just to satisfy you. 

I understand you are repeating what your mate told you - I think he is incorrect. That has nothing to do with you.

Release clauses are made known for a reason.

We didn't just guess at the clauses for the two players we have brought in.

Caicedo owes us fuck all. He's a poor kid from Ecuador who has a brilliant talent that has taken him and his family out of poverty. If he goes there, he can fuck off but I wouldn't begrudge him the money. We are a world famous club and rightly or wrongly for a foreign kid, Chelsea are too. He grew up dreaming of playing for Real or Barca probably. Football clubs let kids go every day of the week, often lads born and bred down the road from them. They don't lose any sleep for their shattered dreams. There's no loyalty in this business.

If he is fucking us around by not doing the medical, we should pull the plug and move on.

Having said that, I would love him here. He's a brilliant talent and could be a huge player for us.

Right now, it's all clickbait shite. Sure all morning there was nonsense of whether Kane was on the plane or not, or whether he was staying. It's a journalist wet dream having us and Chelsea seemingly fighting it out for him, even more so with the game coming up.

• Upvote 2

Just now, DalyanPete said:

Very strange this. This morning Sly said he got pissed off with Chelsea dithering, now they're saying he feels a loyalty to Chelsea as they've wanted him all along. Make your fuckin minds up, can't have it both ways or maybe they know as much as we do?

Perhaps Chelsea have improved the personal terms in the intervening period and the agent is trying to get out of the Liverpool deal but Chelsea are finding it difficult to raise the funds to top the £111m due to FFP issues?

Difficult to know until it all blows over.