You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool enter talks with Saudi Arabian and Qatari consortiums over a potential £3BILLION takeover

Paulie Dangerously

15 hours ago, Scott_M said:

If it is Dubai, and I’ve no idea either way if it is or not, I hope everybody isn’t going to start spewing about oil oligarch‘s - only 1% of Dubai’s income comes via oil, the other 99% is through trade, banking and tourism. 

Just, you know, trade and stuff.

Guns, heroin and kids mainly,

If it is Dubai, and I’ve no idea either way if it is or not, I hope everybody isn’t going to start spewing about oil oligarch‘s - only 1% of Dubai’s income comes via oil, the other 99% is through trade, banking and tourism. 

If this is the case as you claim, why where they bankrupt in the last oil crash and had to be bailed out by their little brother Abu Dhabi ?

5 minutes ago, Red Hot said:

If this is the case as you claim, why where they bankrupt in the last oil crash and had to be bailed out by their little brother Abu Dhabi ?

It’s not a claim, it’s a fact. 

I’m sure of you Google it, you can find the answer yourself. 

Wouldn't make any difference to me where their money comes from , wouldn't want these or any other middle east bunch of misogynist murderous cunts anywhere near us. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Red Hot said:

I was working there offshore at the time oil related I don't need to google anything talking by experience .

Due to the financial crisis around the world, the Dubai stock exchange plummeted and Dubai couldn’t service its debt. Abu Dhabi, the wealthier emirate with all the oil, bailed Dubai out. 

It also couldn’t get as much tourism because people couldn’t afford to go due to the above. 

9 minutes ago, Red Hot said:

Not related to oil Dubia you claim well please explain how the jack-up they where trying to build capsized drowning over 100 workers in the process. Workers mainly Indian running around the ship yard bare footed and no PPE at all. 

No idea if or when or where that happened, nor how it would relate to the financial crisis if it had happened. 

14 minutes ago, Red Hot said:

Not related to oil Dubia you claim well please explain how the jack-up they where trying to build capsized drowning over 100 workers in the process. Workers mainly Indian running around the ship yard bare footed and no PPE at all. 

No idea. 

I’m not saying Dubai has a spotless record with stuff, my initial post commented on people complaining we’d  be owned by some oil oligarch. Which given only 1% of the economy relies on oil, wouldn’t be the main contributor to investment. 

I do like going on holiday there. I prefer Ras Al-Khaimah though. A bit quieter, cheaper and less Instagram wankers posing to be seen. 

Jebel ally has a temperature gage and once it goes over 100 degrees stop work, the only problem is the clock can not go over 100 degrees so work never stops.  Jebel Ally is where MacDermot is based as are many more oil related companies . Dubai got the heads start on the rest of the oil Arab states, as Mackenzie a Scotts man was the first to pipe water to Dubai in the 1960s.

16 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

No idea. 

I’m not saying Dubai has a spotless record with stuff, my initial post commented on people complaining we’d  be owned by some oil oligarch. Which given only 1% of the economy relies on oil, wouldn’t be the main contributor to investment. 

I do like going on holiday there. I prefer Ras Al-Khaimah though. A bit quieter, cheaper and less Instagram wankers posing to be seen. 

Can not stand the place mate Concrete built on sand, do not ever get in a lift with an Arabic woman if she claims you tried to even touch her you will  end up will at least 10 years worked up you. The whole place is as corrupt as F--k 

10 minutes ago, Red Hot said:

Can not stand the place mate Concrete built on sand, do not ever get in a lift with an Arabic woman if she claims you tried to even touch her you will  end up will at least 10 years worked up you. The whole place is as corrupt as F--k 

I get that. It is pretty soulless. If you’re like me, who just wants to sit on his arse of 2 weeks, drink beer and eat nice food, then it’s great for an all inclusive. 

It’s competitively priced with Europe and you get to go on an Emirates flight as well, which are far better than Jet2 or whatever. 

Thanks for the tip on the taxis, I’d never get one without my wife and daughter being with me anyway! 

45 minutes ago, Red Hot said:

How many years did you end up doing?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

That won't play well amongst those who've decided a deal of that magnitude has already been done in secret so they can announce a few hundred millions worth of midfielders in January.

I think people hope that is true but apart from some "itks" on twitter I don't know many who are saying that with great confidence. 

In reality we don't know how long talks have been going on and how advanced it is.Maybe they aren't, maybe they are and it's in everyone's interest to play it down currently.

Apparently there were also photography restrictions on the Dubai trip. Unless Gordon flew in, it would be interesting to know what was so secretive and if it was with investors why the talks were with Hogan etc. 

1 hour ago, Jurgen Knows said:

Dubai is run like a business. I would be very surprised if they just throw cash at a football club. They will only invest if there was a healthy financial return. 

This is my general view of them. Albeit it is pretty much based on working with Emirates which was a tremendously well run business full of very savvy, tough negotiators. 

My only other experience is seeing some of the buildings they have created and their links with horse racing. That side shows a real desire to win and doing something iconic. 

Those aspects are very attractive albeit I understand (albeit I cannot say I know that much) that the country has a pretty bad human rights record with its workers.

29 minutes ago, HBenn said:

This is my general view of them. Albeit it is pretty much based on working with Emirates which was a tremendously well run business full of very savvy, tough negotiators. 

My only other experience is seeing some of the buildings they have created and their links with horse racing. That side shows a real desire to win and doing something iconic. 

Those aspects are very attractive albeit I understand (albeit I cannot say I know that much) that the country has a pretty bad human rights record with its workers.

They make loads of money from the iconic buildings and the horses.

Regarding workers, if you are really interested you can find a lot of info here:

https://workinuae.ae/en/labor-rights-and-duties

19 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

They make loads of money from the iconic buildings and the horses.

Regarding workers, if you are really interested you can find a lot of info here:

https://workinuae.ae/en/labor-rights-and-duties

Cheers. Will look at that. 

Yes, as I say, they are pretty shrewd, very innovative and trying to diversify from the oil to protect themselves. They don't waste money.