You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool enter talks with Saudi Arabian and Qatari consortiums over a potential £3BILLION takeover

Paulie Dangerously

8 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

More rumours that FSG are going to be getting a Las Vegas based basketball team and will cost around 4 billion. 

That must mean that they are more likely to be looking for a full sale here?

Not necessarily. I would assume that any more investment that they want in LFC would be to keep LFC competitive (since the amount that it costs to compete for the Premier League has increased exponentially). I'm pretty sure that if they wanted to raise 4 billion for a basketball team, they could raise that without selling LFC.

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

No idea who this guy is. He’s making lots of bold claims about the Bellingham, Fernandez and the below…

9DC98725-D8AF-4364-826E-26041E544839.png

Scrolling through his Twitter feed, he just looks like a chancer who picks up on the strongest rumours, states that they're definitely happening and then claims credit if/when they do happen. It looks like he deletes all the ones that don't happen (but some other people have taken screenshots of his Tchouameni, Saul Niguez, etc. predictions).

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Scrolling through his Twitter feed, he just looks like a chancer who picks up on the strongest rumours, states that they're definitely happening and then claims credit if/when they do happen. It looks like he deletes all the ones that don't happen (but some other people have taken screenshots of his Tchouameni, Saul Niguez, etc. predictions).

I’ve had a look as well. Seems a bullshitter, like the rest of the “ITK’s”.

Although, it does look like Touchameni just needed his signature before he opted for Madrid, the twat. 

Still, making lots of very bold claims.

30 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Not necessarily. I would assume that any more investment that they want in LFC would be to keep LFC competitive (since the amount that it costs to compete for the Premier League has increased exponentially). I'm pretty sure that if they wanted to raise 4 billion for a basketball team, they could raise that without selling LFC.

Just looking at the Vegas team. I assume like they’ll at the T-Mobile Arena, which is just off the strip and that Lebron James will be attached to it as well. 

That will make an absolute fortune. 

It’ll be like away clubs took over Selhurst Park when playing Wimbledon. 

250ml is hardly a fucking warchest after a rich takeover. Arsenal and the mancs have been that regularly of late. And with how little we have spent net as of late that should be minimum. 

If it was done and its Dubai surely they'd have wrapped it up while we were there so they could do press with Klopp/Mo in dubai

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

250ml is hardly a fucking warchest after a rich takeover. Arsenal and the mancs have been that regularly of late. And with how little we have spent net as of late that should be minimum. 

If it was done and its Dubai surely they'd have wrapped it up while we were there so they could do press with Klopp/Mo in dubai

They’re not selling a pair of shoes. If press is needed they’ll fly to wherever is needed. 

could be done could be bs. Not convinced the team not being there is a reason against it.

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Quite, what we need is…

C03F85A7-6981-495C-A109-7C74ED32ABE9.gif

…I’d assume £250m would be Bellingham & Fernandez, what do we need after that?

And none of us know if any promo pictures behind closed doors were taken.

Personally, I’m treating the whole story as bull shit.  

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Why would they announce it before Jan?

The World knows we need a midfielder, you always pay more after a good WC and then we want to add into that, that we have really rich owners.  They won't be rich very long with that approach. 

16 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

If it is Dubai, and I’ve no idea either way if it is or not, I hope everybody isn’t going to start spewing about oil oligarch‘s - only 1% of Dubai’s income comes via oil, the other 99% is through trade, banking and tourism. 

Fucking tourist cunts. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

If it is Dubai, and I’ve no idea either way if it is or not, I hope everybody isn’t going to start spewing about oil oligarch‘s - only 1% of Dubai’s income comes via oil, the other 99% is through trade, banking and tourism. 

Why do the sheik’s daughters keep trying to flee the country, and why does he then have them abducted by armed men, flown back to Dubai, forcibly drugged and jailed for years?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

True.  So it's nothing like Newcastle or Man City.  Yes!  We're in the clear.  Dubai are the good guys!

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Why do the sheik’s daughters keep trying to flee the country, and why does he then have them abducted by armed men, flown back to Dubai, forcibly drugged and jailed for years?

Balls.