You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Airsoft

Rick Sanchez C-137

Anyone play?

Just gotten into it. My social life and hobbies have all but evaporated over the years and since covid and working from home remotely I've been in desperate need of getting the fuck out of the house and doing something fun. I almost bought a set of golf clubs, as I played for a couple of years in high school and it was good fun, mostly because of just being out doing something with friends rather than any particular love for the sport. Went down a rabbit hole on YouTube and saw some footage of airsoft gameplay and knew it was the one. Bought my gun and since have been building up the rest of the kit. Its incredible fun. I've been three times in the month and am looking for ways to go pretty much every weekend if I can.

• Upvote 1

I went paint-balling once. It’s fucking agony when they hit you. I had bruises all over my arms for days. At one point I had to shelter, behind my then early teen, to avoid further pain as we attempted to flee the battle in a display of glorious cowardice. 

Never again and paint-balling with added ball bearings can go straight to fuck.   

3 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Should have sacked the cunt on the spot.

Don't worry, he's on two strikes already.  One for trying to get people to engage in social activity and the other for walking in with two earrings in one ear at the age of 52.  Not acceptable at any age, but 52?!!

• Upvote 2

Not Airsoft but similar kind of thing in that it is pretending to fire at random stragers just on the internet insteasd - VR 1st person shooters, I can play like 10 mins now before I begin to throw up due to motion sickness!

The other half and I actually design, build and sell VR stocks to lock the controllers in to postifion and mimic the feeling of a realistic gun for VR gameplay. He actually invented this whole thing and created the market, although it is a bit of a bugbear of mine that he didnt persue it untill very recently and let other people steal a march on us. Dosnt martter thohgh because most designs are very flawed due to designers not being trained in product design so use solutions that look right but dont work right, having not shot in real life so the angels are all wrong, or even just not enjoying gaming that much! (Sorry prob sounds a little conceted I actually have fun helping design these things and am quite proud of our designs and what we have managed so far).

Here is what we currently sell bar the pistol - that is still something that we are playing about with and have something pretty cool lined up. The lower 2 may look a little goofy but one if pure competition so lightweight and the other people still want a bottom mounted conmtroller and not someting that looks gunlike.

1.png

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, i5x said:

Not Airsoft but similar kind of thing in that it is pretending to fire at random stragers just on the internet insteasd - VR 1st person shooters, I can play like 10 mins now before I begin to throw up due to motion sickness!

The other half and I actually design, build and sell VR stocks to lock the controllers in to postifion and mimic the feeling of a realistic gun for VR gameplay. The other half actually invented this whole thing and created the market, although it is a bit of a bugbear of mine that he didnt persue it untill very recently and let other people steal a march on us. Dosnt martter thohgh because most designs are very flawed due to designers not being trained in product design so use solutions that look right but dont work right, having not shot in real life so the angels are all wrong, or even just not enjoying gaming that much!

Here is what we currently sell bar the pistol - that is still something that we are playing about with and have something pretty cool lined up.

1.png

Nice one. Do you sell the STLs or just the printed products? Or are they injection moulded?

19 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve watched a few videos of a man in full sniper gear picking off people - looks ace. Apart from the cheats. 

I've only been 3 times but from what I've experienced and heard, cheating is reasonably rare. Most people just ay the game, have fun and get on with it. Of course "airsoft cheats get owned" or whatever is a nice compilation of cheats that might leave you with the impression that it's more common than it is.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Nice one. Do you sell the STLs or just the printed products? Or are they injection moulded?

Dont sell .STL have had quite a few people attempting to rip off our designs, only thing is they tend to do it badly so selling the STL would make things too easy. We also constantly tweek and refine designs so they just become better, already have given people a headstart, so I am quitye protective of them. However, if someone ever wanted to make a serious offer to buy them out then maybe I dunno, it is my husband who does the autocad stuff, I maintain and build the printers sever stuff and help with the design concepts and problem solving around them.

We were going to injection mould, however that provided a 2 fold problem, the 1st was when we started up we literally had nothing, and scrapped togeather enough for a single printer and build from there. No way we had 10k just for the moldings. The second issue was like I said we constantly tweek stuff to improve. We could lock designs down but there is a need to be agile as for us it is also about a love of gaming and tech, so constantly pushing the market and bringing ideas - something that has been missing from these perfiierals for years.

32 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

I've only been 3 times but from what I've experienced and heard, cheating is reasonably rare. Most people just ay the game, have fun and get on with it. Of course "airsoft cheats get owned" or whatever is a nice compilation of cheats that might leave you with the impression that it's more common than it is.

You’re likely bang on.  A video of people playing fairly could be dull.  

I bet it gets the adrenalin flowing.