You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benfica (H) - UCL Quarter Final 2nd leg, Wed 13th Apr 2022 (8:00pm)

Trumo

Similar to what I would have picked, so can't be too upset with that. A bit surprised at both Robertson and VVD omitted, but I guess Klopp trusts Matip and/or Konate to control the line.

Think we'll get through this quite comfortably anyway, and won't be surprised to see goals from all the front three.

4 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Fuck, I hope we don't live to regret that line up

Not sure i like the blunting of attacking quality from RB (although Gomez did to be fair do well last time v Watford) and midfield screams SLOW to me...

Centre half pairing - have they played together before? I am not sure....

But we have to utilise squad if we are gonna balance all the games we have - in Klopp we trust.

The squad is there to be used. And, it’s our best overall squad for a long, long time. 

But, that is a lot of changes. And, no disrespect to Villarreal, we’ve got a boss chance of getting to the final if we get through tonight. Which I think we will do. But, all those changes could make things a bit stickier than they need to be. 

Alisson; Gomez, Matip, Konate, Tsimikas; Henderson, Milner, Keita; Jota, Firmino, Diaz.

Jurgen between a rock and a hard place. Make changes and be open to criticism, dont make changes and be open to criticism.

The team just has to ensure they dont lose. A win would be very welcome.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Defense and midfield are risky. It's true that better players can come in with 5 subs, but if something goes wrong, there will be massive blame on Klopp.

Think the plan is to soak up pressure a bit more than we normally do. As long as Bobby and Keita are on their game, I think we get plenty of breaks that our other attackers can profit from. Acutally, van Dijk apart, one could argue that the two fullbacks make us equally solid as our regular back 4. Milner and Hendo aren't shy of working, either. I expect this to be a bit more even in terms of possession compared to the other European games we've played this season, but I fully expect us to pass the test tonight.

As others have said, if we're not doing well, we have 5 subs to counter the result with.