Quantcast
Greatest 00's Film - Group C - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Greatest 00's Film - Group C

Greatest 00's Film - Group C  

51 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Pick Your Favourite Two

• Lord of the Rings - Fellowship of the Ring
    • Pans Labrynth
    • Wall-E
    • Up
    • Catch Me If You Can
    • Gang of New York
    • Inglorious Basterds
    • Oceans Eleven

Basterd of a group. I appreciate the brilliance of LOTR 1, Oceans Eleven is a very good film, Pans Labryth is superb but Inglorious Basterds and Catch Me If You Can are films I can watch over and over. Them two for me. 

I remember looking forward too and watching Gangs of New York years ago but being a bit let down by it. Wall-E looks like a Short Circuit rip off and I've never seen Up. 

Catch Me If You Can and Pan's Labyrinth.

A weaker group this one imo. I've always thought that Gangs of New York is a dog of a film, Di Caprio and Diaz both horribly miscast. Definitely one of Scorcese's weakest ever films, amazed to even see it nominated here tbh.

Pans Labyrinth is really the only good film here for me.

Scorsese got a sympathy vote in second despite Gangs of New York being a bit crap.

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Basterd of a group. I appreciate the brilliance of LOTR 1, Oceans Eleven is a very good film, Pans Labryth is superb but Inglorious Basterds and Catch Me If You Can are films I can watch over and over. Them two for me. 

I remember looking forward too and watching Gangs of New York years ago but being a bit let down by it. Wall-E looks like a Short Circuit rip off and I've never seen Up. 

The opening 10 minutes of Up is probably the saddest opening to a film ever. Watch it for that bit alone. 

• Upvote 1

Pan's Labyrinth is the only one I haven't seen, despite owning the DVD forever.

Gangs of New York has no business being in this competition. It merits praise for its setting, which is more accurately depicted than most of these historical epics, but the film is pretty mediocre; possible Scorsese's weakest.

Fellowship of the Ring is the thinnest of the trilogy.

Catch Me If You Can is fun Spielberg-lite. Ocean's Eleven is a fun heist movie. Inglourious Basterds, which no basterd seems able to correctly spell, is a fun revenge fantasy. I enjoyed them all but I don't think any of them are great.

So my votes go to Wall-E and Up, two Pixar films which represent Disney at their very best, and which show that animation can be just as affecting and just as inspiring as live action.

2 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

Wall-E is an absolutely wonderful film, think along with Old Boy it might be my favourite film of the 00s.

Define "pizza".

Catch Me if You Can and in hindsight I should have gave my 2nd vote to Pans Labrynth instead of Gangs Of New York.

Not really a fan of the others.

I've tried to watch TLOR but it bores me to tears.

• Upvote 3

The opening scene of  Gangs of New York is great, don't remember much after that. I do recall there was a documentary on the gangs as a bonus feature on DVD which I probably enjoyed more than the film. 

Voted for Inglorious Basterds which I see as QT's first spaghetti western of the "trilogy" and LOFTR which is better than the rest in the group that I've seen. Animated ones are OK but I didn't want to vote for any of them out of protest nobody backed me up over nominating Ratatouille.

Pans Labyrinth. - I’m sure it was always getting raved about on here when it first came out and after watching it had to agree.

UP - An absolute masterpiece. A movie that has everything you want with not a scene wasted. 

Inglorious is a great 3rd but it’s just too long and the ending took me right out of it.

Tarantino creates some of the greatest scenes put to film but this one is perfection …

7E368FD6-D662-43A8-8BFE-1D675F85EF91.gif

7 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Disgraceful than Pans Labyrinth probably not going through.

Still time. It's a tight group this. Tightest we've had in many a tournament. 

200.gif

Catch me if you cans been exposed as another one of his fraudulent tales.

All votes should therefore be redirected to Up and Pans Lab

Had to vote for fellowship as my favourite of the lotr films. Unforgettable experience watching a book I loved so much, so lovingly put up on screen.

Wall:e with that, fantastic, inventive, brilliant film.

27 minutes ago, SasaS said:

Gangs of New York won the group? Mad.

It's absolutely mind-boggling. Is it just that people hadn't seen many of the others? Or Scorsese fanboys voting for him even when he serves up a piece of shit like this?

• Upvote 1