You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Russia v Ukraine

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

They're not gonna trigger article 5 for a couple of missiles accidentally hitting a farm in what's clearly an accident. Didn't Turkey shoot down a Mig a few years ago? Simmer down you lads.

Two Migs.

Yeah, you launch a volley at Ukraine, you hit some neighbours, whatchagonnado, it happens.

I think they will all work very hard at not to have to confirm it.

Oh fuck off. Only just seen this news and I had a shite tea of burnt tacos and fucking Quorn mince because we had fuck all in.

Giz another night Poland lads, feeling duck and pancakes, marks and sparks tiramisu and some mulled wine for the final meal. Aldi had some 'cola' cider that I wanted to have a bash at too. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Putin will just be waiting until the next US election before conceding anything right?

The US has been helping Ukraine with weapons and sneaky helping with intelligence and surveillance.

If Trump or whichever other Republican gets in, they are quite likely to stop some or all of that support as they have been pro-Putin from the start of this thing.

The closer to that US election, the greater the pressure on Ukraine to offer more concessions just in case of drop in US support.  

I hate to break it to you, Jose, but ... the US just finished their elections.

Unless you mean the ones 2 years from now, in which case the war will surely be either on a much better or much worse footing for Russia by that time. Probably the latter. I can't see how Russia could continue at anything like the current rate of losses past next summer. 

And that's saying nothing of the utter smoking crater their economy would be by then.

6 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I hate to break it to you, Jose, but ... the US just finished their elections.

Unless you mean the ones 2 years from now, in which case the war will surely be either on a much better or much worse footing for Russia by that time. Probably the latter. I can't see how Russia could continue at anything like the current rate of losses past next summer. 

And that's saying nothing of the utter smoking crater their economy would be by then.

Yeah, Presidential election.

If Trump had still been in, Russia could have pretty much done what they wanted, and a lot of Republican “thought leaders” have been pro-Putin.

9 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The end of dictators is always bizarre, particularly when they find their personal belongings. You'd wake up Saturday morning to pictures of soldiers rooting through his golden palace, marvelling at velvet tapestries of the cast of Dallas and bejeweled monogrammed buttplugs, as a Navy Seal sips from Putin's personal "you dont have to be mad to work here... but it helps" mug.

Funny as fuck that, however don't mock bejeweled monogrammed butt plugs .

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Massive pinch of salt required with that. 

They do say "available photos", so I take it as, what was offered as images points to Ukrainian S-300. Images may or may not be authentic (may not be of the actual missile). 

BTW, it seems now all the reports about Kilburn and Ukrainians crossing the river in any significant numbers were bogus.

It's fairly safe to say that sometimes, just sometimes, the Russian cunts may be telling the truth. It was worrying how many people jumped to conclusions about the accidental missile strikes in Poland, especially politicians. Getting the facts straight seems to be important when it comes to something so sensitive. 

Just now, ZonkoVille77 said:

It's fairly safe to say that sometimes, just sometimes, the Russian cunts may be telling the truth. It was worrying how many people jumped to conclusions about the accidental missile strikes in Poland, especially politicians. Getting the facts straight seems to be important when it comes to something so sensitive. 

I thought it was fairly restrained to be honest, mainly Richard Madely and Twitter freaking out.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The pertinent question is why are Ukraine/Zelensky still trying to say it was Russia? Poland, Nato, America quickly established the truth yesterday.

https://news.yahoo.com/zelenskyy-explosion-poland-no-doubt-163600017.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/nov/16/poland-president-missile-strike-probably-ukrainian-stray

We know the Russians lie, and lie constantly, about everything. Ukrainian war intelligence must also be viewed with scepticism.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

And if it was the Russians, they most certainly wouldn't admit it within 12 / 24 hours.

I think Zelensky jumped the gun and is reluctant to admit it.

Oh I know the Russians would lie blind, that's a given. Which makes us getting honest information from the Ukrainian side more important.

Ukraine and Zelenskys response yesterday and today has been troubling, especially with what's at stake.

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Oh I know the Russians would lie blind, that's a given. Which makes us getting honest information from the Ukrainian side more important.

Ukraine and Zelenskys response yesterday and today has been troubling, especially with what's at stake.

There is nothing at stake - your pal Sleepy Joe controlled the narrative.