You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

List your favourite American Bands (for the US tournament)

Bjornebye

44 minutes ago, Code said:

If it was about votes, what would be the point with a tournament? You could just decide it all from the vote.

29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Lazy? You do it then you smarmy little cunt 

OK one more last time, this is how the process went. Stig did the British bands tournament which was fun, so the question of should we do the American one came up. He initially didn't want to do it because he was tired of constant bitching and moaning as thanks for his efforts. The American one  looked to have been 10 times that, almost impossible to make the list because of a sheer number of bands, lack of enough clear heavyweights and the American tradition of having Dylans and Springsteens instead of mostly bands with clear band identities. Stig than accepted the suggestion to do it through lists and votes, to make it democratic and automatic, so part of the tournament lists is created in a way no one can bitch about (it can also be used for a seeded draw, BTW). That list was then supposed to be expanded with names Stig wants to have and names he thinks should be in the tournament but were omitted in the popular vote, as a kind of your "superdelegates" . That was the point of voting, to easily create a list.

Now the problems began, because that meant Stig would lose some of the control (narcissistic), and also, there was a job to be done of actually counting the votes (lazy), which is no great fun. He also neglected to moderate the lists submissions thread, because, he was not sufficiently arsed, the tournament he ultimately wanted to have is the tournament only bands he approves of are represented in. So he decided to disregard time and effort by 20 odd list makers after all, make his own list, and when some people, me included, objected to it (I was genuinely positively surprised that two of the bands from my list were also mentioned in several other people's lists) he responded with insults / it is only a bit of fun. Now Stig is asking for suggestions to be submitted "properly" and he will accept them, even though he already has properly submitted suggestions through lists, which only shows I was right in concluding he didn't want to count the votes. When offered that someone else counts the votes, he responded with you do it (the tournament) - (petulant, child).

1 minute ago, SasaS said:

OK one more last time, this is how the process went. Stig did the British bands tournament which was fun, so the question of should we do the American one came up. He initially didn't want to do it because he was tired of constant bitching and moaning as thanks for his efforts. The American one  looked to have been 10 times that, almost impossible to make the list because of a sheer number of bands, lack of enough clear heavyweights and the American tradition of having Dylans and Springsteens instead of mostly bands with clear band identities. Stig than accepted the suggestion to do it through lists and votes, to make it democratic and automatic, so part of the tournament lists is created in a way no one can bitch about (it can also be used for a seeded draw, BTW). That list was then supposed to be expanded with names Stig wants to have and names he thinks should be in the tournament but were omitted in the popular vote, as a kind of your "superdelegates" . That was the point of voting, to easily create a list.

Now the problems began, because that meant Stig would lose some of the control (narcissistic), and also, there was a job to be done of actually counting the votes (lazy), which is no great fun. He also neglected to moderate the lists submissions thread, because, he was not sufficiently arsed, the tournament he ultimately wanted to have is the tournament only bands he approves of are represented in. So he decided to disregard time and effort by 20 odd list makers after all, make his own list, and when some people, me included, objected to it (I was genuinely positively surprised that two of the bands from my list were also mentioned in several other people's lists) he responded with insults / it is only a bit of fun. Now Stig is asking for suggestions to be submitted "properly" and he will accept them, even though he already has properly submitted suggestions through lists, which only shows I was right in concluding he didn't want to count the votes. When offered that someone else counts the votes, he responded with you do it (petulant, child).

Hahaha you are a racist bellend. You sad pathetic waste of a poster. Its not my fault you cant read a fucking word (preliminary) or notice that loads of posters didn't stick to lists of 20 and were throwing additional band names around afterwards. I did explain this the other day but you are such a sad little gimp that you are actually crying over it. Get the fuck out of the thread. I'm not bothering with it now anyway and its not throwing my toys out of the pram, I've just got far too much going on in my head than to be worked up about something that was meant to be a bit of fun and cocks like you trying to make decisions that will ultimately have zero impact that the business end of the tournament. You absolute fucking prick. 

(best read in the voice of the PB rant video) 

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha you are a racist bellend. You sad pathetic waste of a poster. Its not my fault you cant read a fucking word (preliminary) or notice that loads of posters didn't stick to lists of 20 and were throwing additional band names around afterwards. I did explain this the other day but you are such a sad little gimp that you are actually crying over it. Get the fuck out of the thread. I'm not bothering with it now anyway and its not throwing my toys out of the pram, I've just got far too much going on in my head than to be worked up about something that was meant to be a bit of fun and cocks like you trying to make decisions that will ultimately have zero impact that the business end of the tournament. You absolute fucking prick. 

(best read in the voice of the PB rant video) 

And third last post. I was trying to get out of the thread but you kept pulling me back in by demanding explanations for things I already explained, when I oblige against my better judgment, your only point seems to be more insults and it was supposed to be a bit of fun (which I somehow spoiled). So have your fun then. Enjoy your tournament.

• Downvote 2

52 minutes ago, SasaS said:

And third last post. I was trying to get out of the thread but you kept pulling me back in by demanding explanations for things I already explained, when I oblige against my better judgment, your only point seems to be more insults and it was supposed to be a bit of fun (which I somehow spoiled). So have your fun then. Enjoy your tournament.

You're still toting up the votes though, right?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Code said:

Why would anyone get their knickers in twist because a band named after a Norwegian TV show for pensioners from the 70's and 80's seems to not make the list?

Is this from the same Norway Joe Nesbo writes about?

No wonder Harry Hole was an alcoholic.

I’d take up serial killing as a hobby if that was on the telly.

• Like 1