You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British Band Tournament - Round 1. The Small Faces vs Arctic Monkeys

Bjornebye

British Band Tournament - Round 1. The Small Faces vs Arctic Monkeys   

47 members have voted

1. 1. British Band Tournament - Round 1. The Small Faces vs Arctic Monkeys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/07/20 at 20:10

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Fair play. 

Saw them at Reading festival literally weeks after they released Humbug. They headlined the Saturday night and came on AFTER the Prodigy. Needless to say it was fucking garbage (who wouldn't be after them?) . That said, that headline gig at Glastonbury a year or so after they released their first song was a fucking stormer. 

Saw them headline Reading in 2002. One of the best sets I've ever seen. Was half dead from the Offspring beforehand, but still. Mad that Leeds had (half) a GnR set after that...

13 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Saw them headline Reading in 2002. One of the best sets I've ever seen. Was half dead from the Offspring beforehand, but still. Mad that Leeds had (half) a GnR set after that...

Assume you mean the Prodigy... 

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

@Bjornebye

Oye kumquat.

Are you talking about the "Small Faces" clip with Rod Stewart singing? This is good because, no thanks to you, it should be decided whether Small Faces/Faces be judged as one. 

Again, no thanks to you.

I'd say something sarcastic but a) I'm not witty enough and b) I cant be arsed 

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Hmmm..

Going forward is it Small Faces or is it Small Faces+Faces?

I've never listened to a single song by the Small Faces. Therefore Arctic Monkeys get my vote by defaut.

I have however heard a song the The Faces.

The young vote - can't be counted on:

Now you have heard two:

Hold on, I thought Rod Stewart was in The Faces and this competition is for The Small Faces?

9 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Hold on, I thought Rod Stewart was in The Faces and this competition is for The Small Faces?

WHAT!!!???

You said you had never heard a song from Small Faces. You've still not.

You heard one from Faces, that number is two.

And you have already squandered your vote.

WHAT!!!???

You said you had never heard a song from Small Faces. You've still not.

You heard one from Faces, that number is two.

And you have already squandered your vote.

Yep I've heard one song of The Faces. Probably the one most people have heard but that one was ace as well.

I'm happy with my vote for Arctic Monkeys as they recorded an album and became really successful at a time when most popular music seemed to eminate from the direction of Simon Cowell.