You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Ireland:

The number of people in hospital with Covid-19 has increased by almost 200 per cent over the past month as the highly transmissible BA.4 and BA.5 variants spread. These variants are sublineages of the previously dominant Omicron variant, and now account for around 90 per cent of cases. 

A total of 1,055 patients are in Irish hospitals with Covid-19, according to the latest Government statistics released on Monday morning.

The last time Covid-19 cases in hospitals were above 1,000 was on April 12th.

5 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Ireland:

The number of people in hospital with Covid-19 has increased by almost 200 per cent over the past month as the highly transmissible BA.4 and BA.5 variants spread. These variants are sublineages of the previously dominant Omicron variant, and now account for around 90 per cent of cases. 

A total of 1,055 patients are in Irish hospitals with Covid-19, according to the latest Government statistics released on Monday morning.

The last time Covid-19 cases in hospitals were above 1,000 was on April 12th.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/covid-hospitalisations-pass-1000-for-first-time-since-april-amid-booster-calls-for-over-60s-41830327.html

Around half those with Covid-19 are in hospital due to complications of the virus and the rest are incidental.

Fourth COVID-19 vaccine shots have provided a 72 percent reduction in death rates among the most vulnerable Israelis, according to new peer-reviewed research.

The finding comes from a large Israeli study that analyzed data on elderly people in care homes who received four shots, comparing them to those who only took three. It was conducted during last winter’s coronavirus outbreak, which was dominated by the Omicron variant.

42 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Why? I barely post anymore and haven't done anything wrong. 

Read your dream cricket stats, in reality it reminded me of the the young leggie for Holland the other week, although he wasn’t fat and middle aged he was shit, got carted everywhere.

Hope your girlfriend is well.

3 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Read your dream cricket stats, in reality it reminded me of the the young leggie for Holland the other week, although he wasn’t fat and middle aged he was shit, got carted everywhere.

Hope your girlfriend is well.

Thanks for clarifying why I should be banned, that all makes perfect sense.

6 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

That's pretty fucking awful.

Really?  It made me laugh.  The absolute genius of the alt right meme, captured in banner form.  It has it all - vaccines, Roe v Wade.

Personally I'm pro-choice in all respects, with vaccines, abortions and so on.  The irony of people losing their shit over Roe v Wade, after telling me what to inject into my body for the last two years, wasn't lost on me.

So yeah. My body, my choice?  Damn right.

2 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Really?  It made me laugh.  The absolute genius of the alt right meme, captured in banner form.  It has it all - vaccines, Roe v Wade.

Personally I'm pro-choice in all respects, with vaccines, abortions and so on.  The irony of people losing their shit over Roe v Wade, after telling me what to inject into my body for the last two years, wasn't lost on me.

So yeah. My body, my choice?  Damn right.

I don't disagree with some of your points in relation to pro-choice. But that banner is clearly using the current abortion situation against C19 vaccines simply to point score. It has nothing to do with pro-choice.

Just now, ZonkoVille77 said:

I don't disagree with some of your points in relation to pro-choice. But that banner is clearly using the current abortion situation against C19 vaccines simply to point score. It has nothing to do with pro-choice.

I think it's just poking fun at people.  

• Downvote 2

3 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Ah, the old mental health slurs.  Didn't take long. 

If the cricket cap fits. Nice story for you, did a job for an old mate I played cricket with a while back, good player, especially of spin. Works at LFC now. Fascinating stuff I know.

Have a good afternoon and wear sun protection.

45 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Good point, you were much more relaxed about it all when I posted in there instead. 

It's like my wife is more relaxed about me shitting on the bog than she is about me shitting on the couch. There's a place for these things.

Now, off you fuck and leave this thread for the grown-ups.