You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

How dare the pharma make less than certain f* players for saving lives.

It's a disgwace.

The irony is that if they’d not come up with a vaccine they’d be accused of profiteering on the other drugs they supply to keep people alive. 

Just now, Rico1304 said:

The irony is that if they’d not come up with a vaccine they’d be accused of profiteering on the other drugs they supply to keep people alive. 

Even better, imagine if they had come up with a vaccine and it was reserved for the 'elite'...

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You might want to read that article I just posted where it says they aren’t selling it at cost anymore so are making a profit on it. 

D2BFFDBB-63E6-4617-8CFE-CCF73B420AC8.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

You might want to read that article I just posted where it says they aren’t selling it at cost anymore so are making a profit on it. 

D2BFFDBB-63E6-4617-8CFE-CCF73B420AC8.jpeg

You might want to tell me how your reply bears any relation to what I posted. Because it really doesn’t. I have no issue with them making money on the vaccine. 

7 minutes ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Still, 900m profit to supply the world is chump change. Based on 6bn people that's 6pound per head.

Try harder.

Just now, Rico1304 said:

You might want to tell me how your reply bears any relation to what I posted. Because it really doesn’t. I have no issue with them making money on the vaccine. 

I expect your reply will have more focus on actual bears than it will... reality 

4 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Even better, imagine if they had come up with a vaccine and it was reserved for the 'elite'...

With 20/20 hindsight they should have released a grainy shot of Bill Gates having an injection, denied there was a vaccine, then ‘be found out’ that there was one. 100% coverage in a matter of months.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

Still, 900m profit to supply the world is chump change. Based on 6bn people that's 6p per head.

Try harder.

Less than a 10p a share? 

Watching the women who developed the vaccine on that documentary the first thing I thought was ‘she’s only in it for the money’