You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, Pureblood said:

Here's another one for you.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/28/covid-vaccinated-likely-unjabbed-infect-cohabiters-study-suggests

Jabs do not reduce risk of passing Covid within household, study suggests

People who are fully vaccinated against Covid yet catch the virus are just as infectious to others in their household as infected unvaccinated people, research suggests.

guessing that is the Lancet one from the timeline, I looked at the CDC supported one where there was no difference if I've read it right here - 

Transmission Potential of Vaccinated and Unvaccinated Persons Infected With The SARS-CoV-2 Delta Variant in A Federal Prison, July-August 2021 | PDF | Vaccines | Infection (scribd.com)

Would help to read beyond the headline, or maybe a different headline for the same research:

Fully vaccinated people can contract and pass on COVID-19 in the home, but at lower rates than unvaccinated people.

These are the findings of a study of COVID-19 transmission between household contacts, led by Imperial College London and the UK Health Security Agency (HSA) and published today in The Lancet Infectious Diseases.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I think it runs deeper than  that. The Internet has allowed nutters to form a collective consciousness like a shit Borg.

Pre Internet and pre social media whack jobs were confined to lonely corners of the pub and if they stepped too much out of line, they'd get a beer poured on their head. 

Now they can reach out and find dozens, hundreds, thousands of people like them and find strength in numbers, next thing you know they're staging rallies and dimwit politicians start kowtowing to them. 

I've said this before, and I say it as someone who was bullied in school and didn't enjoy it, but there must surely be an evolutionary reason for the way 'the group' is compelled to shun oddballs, and that's because it's fucking contagious. The more of them there are to peddle their bollocks the more the 'normal' collective can't function and pretty much soon you're all dead. It'd be the same on a desert island or a village. 

All these people need rounding up and their collective heads dunking down a bog, told in no uncertain terms their love of Eddie Stobart lorries will not be tolerated and warned to stay away from the pub.  

So guy who was bullied in school for not fitting in with the group now wants others who don't fit in with the group to be rounded up and have their heads flushed down the toilet? 

Do you not see the irony here Sir? 

7 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Where was that picture taken?

More to the point, where's your scepticism? Someone on Twitter said a photo shows something; don't just share it, question it.

Would it surprise you to learn the handholding through fence picture was staged by a vaccinated Latvian politician trying to drum up support for himself amongst anti-vaxxers? Nope, it wouldn’t.

As someone pointed out to the cretin who posted the picture of the concentration camp underneath, you can leave a supermarket.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Would help to read beyond the headline, or maybe a different headline for the same research:

Fully vaccinated people can contract and pass on COVID-19 in the home, but at lower rates than unvaccinated people.

These are the findings of a study of COVID-19 transmission between household contacts, led by Imperial College London and the UK Health Security Agency (HSA) and published today in The Lancet Infectious Diseases.

Just reading the data for this on the imperial website and some contradicts itself? 

The analysis found that around 25% of vaccinated household contacts tested positive for COVID-19 compared with roughly 38% of unvaccinated household contacts.

but they had stated

Of the 71 participants infected with delta, 23 (32%) were unvaccinated, 10 (14%) received one vaccine dose and 38 (54%) had received two vaccine doses.

full bit -

Of the 621 participants, 163 tested positive for COVID-19. Whole genome sequencing confirmed that 71 were infected with the delta variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, 42 had alpha and 50 had the original strain of SARS-CoV-2. Of the 71 participants infected with delta, 23 (32%) were unvaccinated, 10 (14%) received one vaccine dose and 38 (54%) had received two vaccine doses.

A total of 205 household contacts of delta variant index cases were identified, of which 53 tested positive for COVID-19. Of the 205 contacts, 126 (62%) had received two vaccine doses, 39 (19%) had received one vaccine dose, and 40 (19%) were unvaccinated.

Among household contacts who had received two vaccine doses, 25% (31/126 contacts) became infected with the delta variant compared with 38% (15/40) of unvaccinated household contacts.

4 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Some truly outrageous things being posted in here.

Jeggings having a pop at someone else for wearing tapered jeans?

For shame.

Who are you you cunt they were slim jeans only a select few can pull them off it takes longs legs a handsome face and a shit load of WD40 you bald midget bum fluff yanking twat. 

Dave pull me out I'm surrounded by ska bouncing whitewalkers.

You fucking tea-cosy 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Who are you you cunt they were slim jeans only a select few can pull them off it takes longs legs a handsome face and a shit load of WD40 you bald midget bum fluff yanking twat. 

Dave pull me out I'm surrounded by ska bouncing whitewalkers.

You fucking tea-cosy 

‘Slim jeans’.

F2A6A7CD-212E-4104-80CB-AEA8115F9113.gif

55 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Would it surprise you to learn the handholding through fence picture was staged by a vaccinated Latvian politician trying to drum up support for himself amongst anti-vaxxers? Nope, it wouldn’t.

As someone pointed out to the cretin who posted the picture of the concentration camp underneath, you can leave a supermarket.

On the one hand we've got Red Phoenix unquestioningly swallowing whatever tripe far-right conspiracy loons post on Twitter; on the other hand, we've got TK refusing to accept the conclusions of scientists who carry out the studies that he himself posts.

This place is a proper fucking headspin.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

On the one hand we've got Red Phoenix unquestioningly swallowing whatever tripe far-right conspiracy loons post on Twitter; on the other hand, we've got TK refusing to accept the conclusions of scientists who carry out the studies that he himself posts.

Well, horses are really only good at pulling shit, running around shit and jumping over shit. You don't see them on the Racing Channel giving their opinions on science and geopolitics do you.

4 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

You missed the rise of facism from years ago there 

1 minute ago, skend04 said:

Well, horses are really only good at pulling shit, running around shit and jumping over shit. You don't see them on the Racing Channel giving their opinions on science and geopolitics do you.

Don't bring horse into it mate because it's only gonna go one way. Horses, Red Rum, Red Bum, Louis Spence 

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

It was happening till Mr Ed was killed off by the same people that hit Shergar. 

17 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I accept the conclusion from the paper itself. 

1 hour ago, Anubis said:

Thanks and repped.

I'm glad it's pointed out if I fall for fake news. I'm not the first on here that's had that problem, that's one of the issues with the way things are nowadays. Yet when others fall for fake news (and I've been on the other side pointing out fake news to others in the past on here) it's often skipped past without comment as long as an official narrative is being supported (even when it turns out to be fake.)

28 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

On the one hand we've got Red Phoenix unquestioningly swallowing whatever tripe far-right conspiracy loons post on Twitter

I did question it but I couldn't find the source image when searching, it's a mistake and I'm fine with that. It's a discussion thread, people sometimes make mistakes then we learn and move on.

Now if you and a few others want to question whatever tripe you're supporting that makes you more accepting of this pandemic response that includes things like mandatory vaccines, censorship, propaganda, covid passes, restrictions and regular boosters for as much of the population as possible with no end in sight or end in sight for variants to keep this going, then maybe we'll collectively learn a bit more too because there's a whole load more loons where all of that comes from.

• Upvote 2