You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

5 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

With me this bastard thing is just hanging on, other than tiredness I'm mostly OK. No cough, temperature or sense of taste smell issues. 

It sounds like you've beaten it mate. Apparently it does take months to get back to even close to where you were. Try not to get impatient, you're kicking it's arse, take all the time you need and regain your health and fitness incrementally.

So sorry to hear about @Tony Moanero’s Dad, hope he pulls through.

Well I’ve been thrown into tier 4. So upset for my mum and dad who were coming for Christmas Day just from 10 minutes away. Not seeing my son and grandson just my parents and that’s not happening now. They are so disappointed. What a shit year.

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

They should have shut the stations and the motorways out of tier 4 before the press conference.  It’s too late now. The new variant is on its way to the north as I type. 

They'll have been too busy getting the mobile speed trap vans in place. 

I reckon this stuff about the new variant of Covid-19 isn't the reason, that's just what they do when they drip drip bad news through the likes of Peston and Kuensberg. It's the KY before the fist.

What's really happened is what always happens. Soft arse has spewed some half baked ideas around Christmas, just like he did with going back to offices or when he rubbished talk of second lockdowns,  the boffins warn him shit will get real, he tells boffins to get fucked, shit gets real, he u turns but needs an excuse, so it becomes excuse lottery. It's either your fault or pubs fault or the weather's fault now it's the south east's fault for incorporating Essex into the virus's RNA. 

It's never his or his party's fault. All very Brexit. 

Party politics aside, if you can't see this guy is the worst leader in British history you've got actual brain damage.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I reckon this stuff about the new variant of Covid-19 isn't the reason, that's just what they do when they drip drip bad news through the likes of Peston and Kuensberg. It's the KY before the fist.

What's really happened is what always happens. Soft arse has spewed some half baked ideas around Christmas, just like he did with going back to offices or when he rubbished talk of second lockdowns,  the boffins warn him shit will get real, he tells boffins to get fucked, shit gets real, he u turns but needs an excuse, so it becomes excuse lottery. It's either your fault or pubs fault or the weather's fault now it's the south east's fault for incorporating Essex into the virus's RNA. 

Party politics aside, if you can't see this guy is the worst leader in British history you've got actual brain damage.

Have you noticed the trend of leaders - pretty much the world over apart from that NZ PM who's the most wonderful person ever apparently - end on end becoming shitter and shitter?  I don't think it's just a Boris Johnson thing.  It's a politics everywhere thing.

7 minutes ago, skaro said:

Have you noticed the trend of leaders - pretty much the world over apart from that NZ PM who's the most wonderful person ever apparently - end on end becoming shitter and shitter?  I don't think it's just a Boris Johnson thing.  It's a politics everywhere thing.

I think Merkel is pretty sharp tbh

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

What a depressing thread and is the perfect illustration of why this is so hard for us to keep this under control. 

41 minutes ago, Jedd Drudge said:

They'll have been too busy getting the mobile speed trap vans in place. 

The twats are all over Liverpool, you can barely drive anywhere for them. I've picked up 2 tickets in 3 months. I didn't have one for about 10 years before that. 

9 minutes ago, skaro said:

It's a good point but I think western leaders are becoming more and more constrained by (a) the media/billionaire class that hold their reelection chances in their palms (certainly this applies to the US, UK, Australia I reckon, basically anywhere Murdoch doesn't have a grip in an English speaking country - Canada and New Zealand - are discernibly less cunty.

But also (b) the structures their countries are part of, world Bank, IMF, dare I say it - the EU. You could get a new leader really intent on breaking economic authodoxy and they get slapped down, Greece-style.

That being said, Johnson and his mob are a whole new level of shit, down there with Trump. Highest death rate, biggest economic shock, money in pals' pockets. Sounds like winning to me.

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

What a depressing thread and is the perfect illustration of why this is so hard for us to keep this under control. 

The twats are all over Liverpool, you can barely drive anywhere for them. I've picked up 2 tickets in 3 months. I didn't have one for about 10 years before that. 

Its the same down here. I didn't have one for the first 14 years of driving, but I've had 2 in the past 18 months. 

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's a good point but I think western leaders are becoming more and more constrained by (a) the media/billionaire class that hold their reelection chances in their palms (certainly this applies to the US, UK, Australia I reckon, basically anywhere Murdoch doesn't have a grip in an English speaking country - Canada and New Zealand - are discernibly less cunty.

But also (b) the structures their countries are part of, world Bank, IMF, dare I say it - the EU. You could get a new leader really intent on breaking economic authodoxy and they get slapped down, Greece-style.

That being said, Johnson and his mob are a whole new level of shit, down there with Trump. Highest death rate, biggest economic shock, money in pals' pockets. Sounds like winning to me.

See, I reckon Trudeau, for example, is a middling twat.

And I think that's the thing really - it's either right-wing (read: "businessman") or centrist.  

There ain't no Left anymore.

Everyone battles for the populist centre because that wins... OK normally narrowly, 51% to 49%... but that's enough to guarantee a careerist leader a lifetime's decent pension.

There ain't people that stand for anything these days - right or left - and that's the truth.

Believe it or not, Rupert Murdoch, back in 1972, backed in the most "progressive" Australian Labour leader ever, Gough Whitlam, a bloke who, as well as buying expensive, obscure art for the National Gallery, also introduced free university here.

His bitter rival, Malcolm Fraser, a wealthy farmer who was much bluer than Margaret Thatcher, was the "father" of modern Australian multi-culturalism... dragging us from the White Australia policy to embracing being regionally, emotionally and identifiably "Asian".

Everyone, even cunts, stood for something back in the day.  

You either agreed with them or you didn't, but at least they weren't invertebrate enough to make you vomit.

• Upvote 5

36 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

The 'new' variant has been in the country since September/October apparently. 

37 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

Its the same down here. I didn't have one for the first 14 years of driving, but I've had 2 in the past 18 months. 

And yet I see scumbags on scrambler bikes riding on pavements, through red lights, riding the wrong way down roads, and they're seemingly immune from the law. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

Typical EU behaviour, banning British exports.

We haven't learnt a fucking thing have we?

This whole shit started with infected cunts getting on a plane. All these strains and variants have stemmed from people bringing it from abroad (which is no doubt the same with this new strain).

All borders should have been closed. All flights grounded. Fuck the aviation industry (it's just one industry as opposed to multiple fucked up the arse financially) and fuck selfish cunts wanting their shitty holidays (I love my holidays).

Lots of lives would have saved and less businesses fucked/lives turned upside down, New Zealand being the best example of the above.

• Upvote 4