You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

The secondary school plan. Released on the eve of the end of term. Schools told to staff and sort it out themselves. What a shambles. 

February headlines: schools fail and rates spike

The government threatening schools (who want to keep kids and staff safe) with legal action is a particular low in a year of lows. 

11 hours ago, MegadriveMan said:

Reports that Boris Johnson has called an emergency meeting to talk about the new strain, and to discuss more restrictions.

The problem with all this is a I can't bring myself to believe anything these cunts tell us. Since the summer Johnson has set his stall out to be the hero of the day and give us Christmas. And now they're shitting themselves because the rest of Europe is not being so relaxed and he litterally doesn't know what to do. In fact he knows it's the wrong thing to do, but he's promised Christmas. So his big worry is what they've been scared of all along and it's having those pictures of being turned away at hospitals, doctors having to choose who does and doesn't get the ventilators. So Johnson is caught between being father Christmas on one hand which he is desperate to be or one of the 4 men of the apocalypse on the other. Not that he cares who dies, he just cares it doesn't make bad TV for him. 

So i can't help but think they're just stretching the truth here to scare the shit out of people into staying at home before sticking us all in a national lockdown for new year. Don't go out, be sensible, it's worse out there, but of course we'll let you see your family at Christmas, we're not scrooge. And if it goes wrong, it's on you the public and not the government because we told you to be sensible and we told you there was a more infectious strain. 

I don't trust anything these cunts do anymore to a point that I no longer believe in the controls, their public health measures, what they claim "the science" is staying. I'm at a point now where I just think it can all fuck off. I know how to behave sensibly and I'll just make my own rules from here on in, fuck Johnson and his dickhead corrupt government. 

• Upvote 3

All the best to your Dad,Tony. I’m sure if a deviant like @Carvalho Diablo can beat this then your Dad will kick its tits in. 

Full fact have looked at some of the claims from the like of Hitchens, Hartley-Brewer and Twitter loons like Yeadon. It’s as you expect. 

https://fullfact.org/health/can-we-believe-lockdown-sceptics/

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sugar Ape said:

All the best to your Dad,Tony. I’m sure if a deviant like @Carvalho Diablo can beat this then your Dad will kick its tits in. 

Full fact have looked at some of the claims from the like of Hitchens, Hartley-Brewer and Twitter loons like Yeadon. It’s as you expect. 

https://fullfact.org/health/can-we-believe-lockdown-sceptics/

Saw a clip of Hitchens a few weeks ago and the people he quoted were basically a who's who of cranks.

21 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Saw a clip of Hitchens a few weeks ago and the people he quoted were basically a who's who of cranks.

If nothing else gives you cause for concern then the sheer amount of cunts who are the prominent ‘lockdown sceptics’ should. 

Has there ever been a time when The Telegraph, The Mail, Toby Young, Hitchens, Harley-Brewer, Oakeshott, Farage, Tice and all the Brexit nutters from the Tory back benches have been in the right about anything? 

13 hours ago, Section_31 said:

You lads who've had the vid, any thoughts on where you probably caught it? 

Working in retail I'm guessing a customer. We do have perspex screens up and I'm wearing a mask all day as well 

What's more surprising is I've felt off since Sunday. Thought it was simply a normal winter thing so slept in same bed as my mrs sunday then spent half hour in the car as well the next day. Waiting for her test results but she doesn't seem to have caught it from me Touch wood