You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

3 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

It's not about spirit, it's about priorities.

It's all about saving as many lives, businesses and jobs.

That's what should influence decisions, not peoples mental health.

Vaccine is already here. Just a few months of this shite left.

giphy.gif

Imagine not thinking in a limited binary way and focus on all the problems and try to find workable solutions that help some of the most vulnerable, both from Covid and mental ill health, mad, I know, but it just might work! 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Mental health is massively important.

If we are not careful, more deaths on top of already high numbers for suicide due to mental health. Especially during a pandemic. 

Moron. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Unfortunately many people are throwing themselves off bridges round my way, presumably as a result of mental health issues.

Covid scars.

We should never gloss over or underestimate the hellish pounding our mental health is taking as a result of covid's affect upon us.

Whether that's missing out on Christmas with loved ones, suffering through covid related bereavement, suffering and fighting through actual covid infection, not being able to pay your bills or being made unemployed, or simply being isolated and lonely, we should never ignore or underestimate the affect covid has had upon us all.

Covid leaves scars, both physical and mental, hang in there, be tolerant, be understanding, be caring and supportive. We cannot get through this alone.

Be excellent to each other people.

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Covid scars.

We should never gloss over or underestimate the hellish pounding our mental health is taking as a result of covid's affect upon us.

Whether that's missing out on Christmas with loved ones, suffering through covid related bereavement, suffering and fighting through actual covid infection, not being able to pay your bills or being made unemployed, or simply being isolated and lonely, we should never ignore or underestimate the affect covid has had upon us all.

Covid leaves scars, both physical and mental, hang in there, be tolerant, be understanding, be caring and supportive. We cannot get through this alone.

raw

14 hours ago, Baltar said:

This is just mental. How does nobody know about this new strain until recently? Surely it must have been seen in another country first? I'm not a conspiracy nut - well not all of the time - but experience has taught me a valuable life lesson - never trust the fucking Tories,

Why would it necessarily be on other countries? It’s not like the virus has an international conference call and decides to mutate everywhere at once. Mutations tend to be local and spread outwards. Hence why Covid started in China and spread to places that didn’t have it.

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

We haven't learnt a fucking thing have we?

This whole shit started with infected cunts getting on a plane. All these strains and variants have stemmed from people bringing it from abroad (which is no doubt the same with this new strain).

All borders should have been closed. All flights grounded. Fuck the aviation industry (it's just one industry as opposed to multiple fucked up the arse financially) and fuck selfish cunts wanting their shitty holidays (I love my holidays).

Lots of lives would have saved and less businesses fucked/lives turned upside down, New Zealand being the best example of the above.

For an island we really missed a trick at the beginning of all this. But now we are where we are. Just shut everything down for a month. Pay everyone a one off emergency payment of £50k with extra support for small businesses. Don’t tell me it can’t be done because it can. Implement mass vaccination. Open up again.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Covid scars.

There speaks the voice of experience. 

Excellent post again CD.

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

I completely disagree with this, but in a way, I admire the honesty. Few people are willing to admit that their covid stance is about preserving quantity of life for a tiny minority at the expense of quality of life for the beleaguered majority.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I completely disagree with this, but in a way, I admire the honesty. Few people are willing to admit that their covid stance is about preserving quantity of life for a tiny minority at the expense of quality of life for the beleaguered majority.

Your brain is weird.

The mental health fall out from this will be being felt long after any vaccine finally gets this virus under control.

For many these types of issues are slow burners. It may be some time before the cracks developing now turn into serious problems that will impact those suffering directly and indirectly, many of those around them. 

To not include this thinking as part of the strategy to deal with the pandemic would be a folly of the highest order. 

I’ll borrow and adapt a phrase that’s entered the political language of late, kicking the mental health can down the road will just leave us having to deal with a much bigger problem down the line. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

Yep, exactly.

People’s mental health would be much better if there was more Covid cases and especially if they were lucky enough to have family and friends die from it. They’d really feel that sense of Blitz spirit and togetherness.

• Upvote 2

Aussies not fucking around after a small number of cases in Sydney locking everything down.

Has this new strain been independently verified?

Not saying it doesn't exist, but it's all too convenient for Tories to backtrack on the Xmas issues. Other countries like Germany were locking down with no strain in sight.

Sorry, but I don't trust or believe anything that these Tory cunts do or say.

2 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Fucking sick to death of the mental health brigade too. Fuck people's mental health. This is a global pandemic you cunts.

Well dont buy any Cher records then. She going half way around the world to save an elephant suffering from mental health problems.

Kavann the worlds loneliest elephant, saved by Cher.. Might be a joke/parody I'm finding it hard to tell the difference these days..

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-12-18/cher-tells-itv-news-of-how-she-helped-to-free-worlds-loneliest-elephant

2 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Aussies not fucking around after a small number of cases in Sydney locking everything down.

Has this new strain been independently verified?

Not saying it doesn't exist, but it's all too convenient for Tories to backtrack on the Xmas issues. Other countries like Germany were locking down with no strain in sight.

Sorry, but I don't trust or believe anything that these Tory cunts do or say.

This post is more sensible than the last one. 

I (and most likely many others) agree. Opening up the economy for Christmas was always about getting people spending money. I fully expected Christmas to be a full on party and the result being a lockdown afterwards. 

But these cunts have got people spending, shut it down a few days before, gone into lockdown mode now they've got the cash in and still going to lock it down afterwards. 

It was a cynical cash grab and I for one hope that people still enjoy their Christmas plans and give the twats a middle finger. 

They could have stopped this weeks ago but obviously they wouldn't have grabbed cash and they knew it. 

Unfortunately I now think next year is going to be an apocalypse in this country as schools stay open, small business collapses, people lose homes etc and brexit could just escalate things. I hope I'm wrong. 

13 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

This post is more sensible than the last one. 

I (and most likely many others) agree. Opening up the economy for Christmas was always about getting people spending money. I fully expected Christmas to be a full on party and the result being a lockdown afterwards. 

But these cunts have got people spending, shut it down a few days before, gone into lockdown mode now they've got the cash in and still going to lock it down afterwards. 

It was a cynical cash grab and I for one hope that people still enjoy their Christmas plans and give the twats a middle finger. 

They could have stopped this weeks ago but obviously they wouldn't have grabbed cash and they knew it. 

Unfortunately I now think next year is going to be an apocalypse in this country as schools stay open, small business collapses, people lose homes etc and brexit could just escalate things. I hope I'm wrong. 

My last post was sensible too, just you didn't see it that way.

I'm fed up of hearing about mental health. This is tough on everyone regardless of age. We're all incredibly lucky not to have live through world wars like our older generations.

Losing your job/livelihood is worse and also impacts you more than feeling a bit down because you can't see your family/do what you want to do.

There have been a shitload of suicides (and will be many more), mainly female mothers who've lost their jobs, with no financial support with nowhere to turn as they can't feed their kids and keep a roof over their heads. There have been 3m+ that have had no financial support since this shit show started.

Can't see things getting back to normal until the summer next year. The vaccine roll out will be slow.

The whole farce over Xmas was started by the media constantly asking can we celebrate Christmas. The 5 day mixing was fucking lunacy.

6 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

My last post was sensible too, just you didn't see it that way.

I'm fed up of hearing about mental health. This is tough on everyone regardless of age. We're all incredibly lucky not to have live through world wars like our older generations.

Losing your job/livelihood is worse and also impacts you more than feeling a bit down because you can't see your family/do what you want to do.

There have been a shitload of suicides (and will be many more), mainly female mothers who've lost their jobs, with no financial support with nowhere to turn as they can't feed their kids and keep a roof over their heads. There have been 3m+ that have had no financial support since this shit show started.

Can't see things getting back to normal until the summer next year. The vaccine roll out will be slow.

The whole farce over Xmas was started by the media constantly asking can we celebrate Christmas. The 5 day mixing was fucking lunacy.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt because mental health issues and feeling a bit down are a million miles away from each other. Anyone who is feeling a bit down is not likely to throw themselves under a train. Someone who suffers from bipolar disorder who cannot see their doctor is.

27 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I don't understand how this was a cash grab? They're just fucking incompetent. 

It's always been a cash grab. Refusing to close businesses, refusing to close borders, eat out to help out spread the virus etc. Pressure put on them by their cunt donors who own these businesses.

Because from the very start they've refused to say stay at home (and we'll pay you) unless you're an essential worker.

Their message has always been work from home unless you can.

How the fuck can you work from home if you're not in an office job? Even if you're in an office job, it's down to your boss whether you can or not.