You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

It’s fucking heartbreaking this shit isn’t it? It’s affecting all of us in the way we live our lives and I’m heartbroken for those on here and the people I personally know who’ve lost loved ones. And seeing some of the forum’s finest get it themselves and end up sick or even hospitalised brings home how this is anything but the fucking flu. I haven’t had to deal with that shit on a personal level, but it feels like it’s heading to all of us or the people we know and love, and it fills me with dread.

We really have to hope that this vaccine will do the trick and that those shitehawks running the country don’t fuck everything up, because life as we are currently living it fucking sucks.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

Sorry, I somehow forgot to include that bit. He collapsed at home and hit his head. He was admitted to hospital because his blood pressure was really low and his heart rate was erratic. He tested positive for Covid-19 four days later. 

The anti-covid drugs they zap people with now are incredible.

2 x bags on day 1 followed by another intravenous bag each day for the next 5 days. £6000 per bag but according to the nurses I spoke to, these drugs are literally the difference between life and death.

When the first wave hit in February, without these drugs people were dropping like flies. Months later, if caught in time and whacked on these drugs then the infected person had every chance of survival.

I'm sure your dad will beat this sucker Tony, it won't be easy and he'll be fucking knackered for a few months but he will beat it mate.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

My dad, aged 73, has left the house four times, for medical reasons, since February. A flu vaccination for himself, a couple of times to accompany my mum to the hospital, for rountine appointments, and once when she had a fall and fractured her hip.

A couple of weekends ago, he began feeling unwell, cold symptoms to begin with, then feeling nauseous and fatigued. A week ago, he was admitted to hospital.

He spoke to my Mum this morning and told her he didn’t think he would be home for Christmas. I had a call from my mum, two or thee hours ago. She told me he is critically ill and is on a ventilator. Heartbreaking.

Tony I don't know what say other than send my best x

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Section_31 said:

You lads who've had the vid, any thoughts on where you probably caught it? 

In the school I work, I have no doubt. The week I was struck a girl in my class had it, but her infectious period was over a weekend so the class didn't isolate. Then another kids dad was positive in the same week. Then Friday my symptoms started.  Children that age can't spread it though...

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

The secondary school plan. Released on the eve of the end of term. Schools told to staff and sort it out themselves. What a shambles. 

February headlines: schools fail and rates spike

But also that they need to prep for whole school testing which will take up to nine members of staff away from their posts, but they can employ some agency staff through imaginary budgets, but it’s ok because staff won’t be actually asked to administer the tests, just complete all of the prep, admin, follow up, tracing etc.

Lazy fucking teachers, enemy of the state etc, etc...

2 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

But also that they need to prep for whole school testing which will take up to nine members of staff away from their posts, but they can employ some agency staff through imaginary budgets, but it’s ok because staff won’t be actually asked to administer the tests, just complete all of the prep, admin, follow up, tracing etc.

Lazy fucking teachers, enemy of the state etc, etc...

Makes me sick. 

I'd say at least a third of staff have had it in my wife's school, one is still off with some sort of spooky foot blisters. 

They don't value anyone here. If I was a health or education professional I'd be out of here like a shot. If I could turn the clock back I'd have pursued a career that made me more able to emigrate.

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Makes me sick. 

I'd say at least a third of staff have had it in my wife's school, one is still off with some sort of spooky foot blisters. 

They don't value anyone here. If I was a health or education professional I'd be out of here like a shot. If I could turn the clock back I'd have pursued a career that made me more able to emigrate.

Nobody in this country is valued apart from ‘wealth generators’ who, ironically, do everything they can to not ‘wealth generate’ for anybody but themselves and their shareholders.

The forelock tugging imbeciles though don’t care as long as Dyson puts a Union Jack on his foreign assembled hoovers.

There’s still time to escape the coop, big man!

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Nobody in this country is valued apart from ‘wealth generators’ who, ironically, do everything they can to not ‘wealth generate’ for anybody but themselves and their shareholders.

The forelock tugging imbeciles though don’t care as long as Dyson puts a Union Jack on his foreign assembled hoovers.

There’s still time to escape the coop, big man!

Aye, that's the kind of society it is though sadly, real patriotism doesn't exist here, I think it genuinely does in the States, but not here..

The British Empire was basically the East India Company, a corporation, operating under a British flag to embolden morons who never saw any of the spoils anyway.

Our ruling class were willing to break bread with Hitler well into the war, agitating behind Churchill's back, while even in the build up to war our companies were selling components to the luftwaffe, almost certainly knowing they would come back at us a year later.

Now you've got universities that pimp themselves out to foreign states, cabinet ministers that hide their wealth offshore or take bungs, and the son of a KGB officer who's bought a place in the house of Lords.

Even covid couldn't make them care about the fate of supposedly their own country, even that just became an excuse to extract money. 

Britain isn't really a country, it's a tier of people at the top who exist only to further their own goals, and everyone else. When everyone else is part of the plan of making said top tier money - they're allowed to sit at the table, the second they're not, due to globalisation, automation, cheaper coal, changing trends etc  - they become surplus to requirements, are abandoned and demonised.

By some miracle though, that abandoned class have been trained to turn on each other instead, like canibal rats trapped in a barrel.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

My dad, aged 73, has left the house four times, for medical reasons, since February. A flu vaccination for himself, a couple of times to accompany my mum to the hospital, for rountine appointments, and once when she had a fall and fractured her hip.

A couple of weekends ago, he began feeling unwell, cold symptoms to begin with, then feeling nauseous and fatigued. A week ago, he was admitted to hospital.

He spoke to my Mum this morning and told her he didn’t think he would be home for Christmas. I had a call from my mum, two or thee hours ago. She told me he is critically ill and is on a ventilator. Heartbreaking.

I can only echo the sentiments of everyone else Tony. 

• Upvote 1