Quantcast
Top 5 Westerns Of All Time - Page 3 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Top 5 Westerns Of All Time

37 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Not a big of fan of Westerns though My Darling Clementine is good as is Shane, The Culpepper something Company is another, can’t think what it’s called

The Culpepper Cattle Co. and it's a good one.

"He was the man who ride into our little valley out of the heart of the great glowing West and when his work was done rode back whence he had come and he was Shane."

The Big Country

Can't understand the lack of love for the Anthony Mann westerns: Naked Spur, Bend in the River, Winchester 73.

For a few dollars more

Once upon a time in the West

Shane

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, mars said:

The Big Country

Can't understand the lack of love for the Anthony Mann westerns: Naked Spur, Bend in the River, Winchester 73.

For a few dollars more

Once upon a time in the West

Shane

At last, The Big Country.

On Mann, I like Naked Spur, Winchester 73 is too B-movie for my taste, Bend of the River was a bit boring, and The  Man From Laramie I always somehow give up caring and following the plot halfway through. I keep reading it's "Shakespearean", to me, it's more like a western soap. The Far Country was OK, Last Frontier I remember as being pretty silly, as was Devil's Doorway (although it starts as a very interesting and unusual film). The Tin Star and Man of the West I haven't seen in a while.

Not enough John Wayne in this thread.  

Stagecoach

Fort Apache

Rio Bravo

Sons of Katie Elder

True Grit.