You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 5 Westerns Of All Time

Bjornebye

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, SasaS said:

Do they have the most overrated films of all time night?

What would your top 5 be? 

Blade Runner is top of mine. Utter shite. Total Recall pisses on it. 

The Man who shot Liberty Balance. What a film. Didn't like it when I saw it as a kid but watched it again over the Christmas and it hit me right in the feels. Poor Tom Doniphan. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, KMD7 said:

The Man who shot Liberty Balance. What a film. Didn't like it when I saw it as a kid but watched it again over the Christmas and it hit me right in the feels. Poor Tom Doniphan. 

A great film. SPOILER When you realize at the end that his entire career has been a failure, because he is not famous for bringing law and order, civilization to the West, but it was built on what he struggled against, a violent act, and even that was a lie SPOILER ENDS.

I love it how John Ford always had all-American boy Jimmy Stewart playing morally dubious characters, in Two Rode Together a man who saves abducted whites from the Apaches for money or a supportig role of a corrupt sheriff (was it Earp?) in the Cheyenne Autumn.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, SasaS said:

A great film. SPOILER When you realize at the end that his entire career has been a failure, because he is not famous for bringing law and order, civilization to the West, but it was built on what he struggled against, a violent act, and even that was a lie SPOILER ENDS.

I love it how John Ford always had all-American boy Jimmy Stewart playing morally dubious characters, in Two Rode Together a man who saves abducted whites from the Apaches for money or a supportig role of a corrupt sheriff (was it Earp?) in the Cheyenne Autumn.

Yeah spot on Sasa on in your first paragraph mate. That film broke my heart a little tbh. I rewatched the opening scene again straight after watching the full film and it's becomes more poignant when you see what followed. Andy Devine is so good in that scene as the former sheriff and Stewart who has carried this secret with him over the years. I don't think Wayne has ever been better in a film either.

It's a long time since I watched Cheyenne Autumn so will have to watch it again. Agree with you about Ford's casting of Stewart against type.  Have never seen Two Rode together but will check it out.

On 19/01/2020 at 13:40, Bjornebye said:

1. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

2. Tombstone

3. A Fist Full Of Dollars

4. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

5. Unforgiven 

Probably the same but 3:10 to Yuma is fucking superb 

• Upvote 1