You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2020

Captain Turdseye

6 minutes ago, Byrnie said:

MTK don't have any credibility mate. One of the world's biggest drug cartels.

True.

But as a promotional company that are on the cusp of getting a sky contract and are building a very good stable, you'd have thought they'd at least pretend to be 'fair' until they are established at least. At least when Eddie fixes fights they do a split decision!

1 hour ago, Elite said:

True.

But as a promotional company that are on the cusp of getting a sky contract and are building a very good stable, you'd have thought they'd at least pretend to be 'fair' until they are established at least. At least when Eddie fixes fights they do a split decision!

They're struggling to sell out a lot of their shows. Hopefully that continues. They have our country destroyed and we can't have any professional fights in the Republic.

Frampton doesn't sell out since he signed with them either. Hopefully it goes tits up, but I doubt that will happen. They've gained a lot of powerful friends in boxing.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Fury weighed in over 270lb for the fight 

Wilder at a career high too, over 230lb(21lb higher than fight night from the first.) he looks fucking good with the additional weight mind you 

Wilder looks scary. Fury is far too lean. 

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Tyson vs Lewis was bigger

Even if it was obvious Lewis would batter him. Biggest fight since then. 

I forgot how good Holyfield beat him before the nasty shit. Fuck me though, I'm 36. Evander was 34 in this. He's got more hair on his muzzy than I've got on my body

The first fight was brilliant. I always use it to piss on the Tyson hype train online. 

It my go to fir Tyson didn't have the heart to overcome in the ring. He was a bully, Douglas dented the myth but the promoters, fans etc didn't want to believe it. Holyfield shattered the myth. The took the Holyfield fight to avoid Foreman as they were scarred of his power and his rep for twatti g short heavyweights everywhere. Holyfield was old, not a puncher and could be got at. Holyfield breaks him early, Tyson starts crying to the ref, crying to the corner and his will to fight breaks and Holyfield stops him

3 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The first fight was brilliant. I always use it to piss on the Tyson hype train online. 

It my go to fir Tyson didn't have the heart to overcome in the ring. He was a bully, Douglas dented the myth but the promoters, fans etc didn't want to believe it. Holyfield shattered the myth. The took the Holyfield fight to avoid Foreman as they were scarred of his power and his rep for twatti g short heavyweights everywhere. Holyfield was old, not a puncher and could be got at. Holyfield breaks him early, Tyson starts crying to the ref, crying to the corner and his will to fight breaks and Holyfield stops him

We could talk about Mike Tyson all night but Holyfield was old? Fuck off 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

We could talk about Mike Tyson all night but Holyfield was old? Fuck off 

He was considered old and well past his best before that fight. That's why it was booked, it was supposed to happen after the Douglas fight until the rape trial happened. Boxers like footballers where considered done in their early 30s. It was only really the odd heavyweight that made it past then and has become more common since Holyfield and Lewis

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

He was considered old and well past his best before that fight. That's why it was booked, it was supposed to happen after the Douglas fight until the rape trial happened. Boxers like footballers where considered done in their early 30s. It was only really the odd heavyweight that made it past then and has become more common since Holyfield and Lewis

Fury is 33 and Wilder is 35 

I didn't say Holyfield was old, I said the boxing world, media and fans thought him past his best and old. 

Holyfield does fuck all in them fights that Tyson was guilty of during his. He fought rough inside and with him often leading with his head and Tyson often jumping in it caused clashes of heads. 

Tyson didn't like that he couldn't bully him and the fact Holyfield wasn't scarred of him fucked Tyson mentally. It was supposed to be another routine win

8 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I didn't say Holyfield was old, I said the boxing world, media and fans thought him past his best and old. 

Holyfield does fuck all in them fights that Tyson was guilty of during his. He fought rough inside and with him often leading with his head and Tyson often jumping in it caused clashes of heads. 

Tyson didn't like that he couldn't bully him and the fact Holyfield wasn't scarred of him fucked Tyson mentally. It was supposed to be another routine win

Are you kidding? A routine fight? Look at his fights after he came out of prison. A gang of routine fights against no-marks. Not a fight against a decent fighter he won. Holyfield-Routine.... sorry Lee but shut up. 

You really don't seem to be getting what I'm saying here. These are not my opinions, these are the opions that where going round at the time of the first fight. The public, media saw this as a walk over. Holyfield had lost two of his last 4 fights. He had been Ko'd by a LHW Michael Moorer and badly beaten by Riddick Bowe a year before the Tyson fight. He had one win against a journeyman after Bowe. He was thought of by everyone and Tyson camp as a name, a few years past his best, with alot of miles on the clock and a sacrificial lamb. You can't look at what he achieved after the Tyson fight. 

Holyfield had odds of 25/1 at one point to win that fight in parts of Vegas. 

Read this

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/sport/most-including-the-majority-in-boxing-were-convinced-tyson-would-overwhelm-holyfield-and-possibly-1352324.html%3famp

48 boxing reporters

47 say its Tyson

Other reports days after the fight 

https://www.nytimes.com/1996/11/11/sports/here-is-why-holyfield-was-not-afraid-of-tyson.html