You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 2 weeks later...

He’s well-rounded enough that he’ll find plenty to do with his time. Wouldn’t surprise me if he had no interest in a football role again

The German national team would get hilariously colossal Liverpool and neutral support if he ever went down that particular route. 

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Remember when Klopp got pellets from opposition fans for fist bumps, well now they’re all at it.

To be fair he's certainly turned their form around and seems a popular appointment to the multi millionaire pampered young men he has to manage. Will he buck the Palace trend of flattering to deceive next season?

On 11/04/2024 at 07:42, Vincent Vega said:

If he decides he doesn’t want to manage again, let him have his 12 months sabbatical and then sound him out about a place on the board. 

Absolutely not. Any time a Liverpool manager is having a bad run you’d have people calling for him to step in. Similar to Bob having to ask Shanks to stop coming to training, once Klopp leaves that should be it. Of course visit for games, but no role within the club. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I'll always love him.

The players owed him a better send off.

Yes, the players have let him down. Badly.

We've been blessed with some extraordinary managers over the years, Bill, Bob, Joe, The King, even Ged and Rafa did great things.

Jürgen is up there with the very best of them, not only as a manager but as a human being.

These have been halcyon days. We're going to miss him.

We can't build a statue big enough for the memories he has given us , totally deserves to mentioned in the same breath as Shanks Bob and Kenny . 

I wish he wasn't going but completely understand why he is  and I wish him  and his family nothing but the best .

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Since the international break, who are in the envelopes?

IMG_1380.jpeg

Mo & Nunez for sure. I think the 3rd is Szoboszlai. 

I’d give Szoboszlai a pass as it’s his first season and he’s looked gassed the last while.

He probably had more goals and assists by Christmas than our whole midfield did last year.

Maybe a different training regimen will suit some of our players better.

7 minutes ago, Tj hooker said:

We can't build a statue big enough for the memories he has given us , totally deserves to mentioned in the same breath as Shanks Bob and Kenny . 

I wish he wasn't going but completely understand why he is  and I wish him  and his family nothing but the best .

He looks gassed and done with the game to be honest.

I thank him for everything he’s given and wish him all the best whatever he does and wherever he goes.  One of the best manages ever for us and absolutely amazing man. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, El Rojo said:

I’d give Szoboszlai a pass as it’s his first season and he’s looked gassed the last while.

He probably had more goals and assists by Christmas than our whole midfield did last year.

Maybe a different training regimen will suit some of our players better.

He's an arrogant fuck who isn't Souness and never will be.

I'd be quite happy to see the back of him and I actually rate him.

Not having a pop at him but Klopp hasn't been at it the same as the players the last few months. He's fucking shattered mentally. Anyone that's been mentally shatters know how hard it is, there'sjust nothing left to get going l. 

On 11/04/2024 at 08:42, Vincent Vega said:

If he decides he doesn’t want to manage again, let him have his 12 months sabbatical and then sound him out about a place on the board. 

Totally disgree. United have let both Busby and Ferguson stay involved, and it was a catastrophy both times. We dis the excact opposite with Shankly, which was totally necessary. 

Having Klopp lurking in the background after the new people take charge would be a terrible idea, and I’m convinced he knows that too.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I'll always love him.

The players owed him a better send off.

I think its fair to say the midfield engine petered out- a combination of lack of Prem fitness (szobo + Grav) and injuries (Macca, Szobo, Bajcetic, Grav? etc)

Again, injuries in defence, and an injury to Mo and the obvious long term issues with Jota. Even Alison out for an age.

We went most of the way. We took the fight to 5 games out. The players gave their all. We won silverware and WHAT a final -toe to toe with Chelsea, cheating officials - but it was a glory day.

On reflection, I can’t be mad for long when it comes to the players. We’ve even been shown a glimpse of the future with the ‘kids on tour’ chat

It’s been a remarkable transcendent experience with Jurgen at a time when the very game itself is under threat.

We’ll never forget him, and he’ll never forget us, and that is the stuff of life.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 10

This is on Facebook this morning, responses are without exception positive and supportive. Can you imagine Guardiola getting this kind of treatment (apart from maybe the jewellers of Manchester)…. 
‘Dear Formby Bubble:
Hi everyone, I have been giving some thought to an idea about giving Jürgen Klopp and his lovely wife some sort of a Formby send off. Both of them have been so generous not only of their time but their generosity as well to the village, mixing and joining in with the locals. They have done so much for Liverpool football club but for the city as well, I thought some sort of a gesture of appreciation from us would be a lovely thing to do. Any thoughts out there if you think this is a good idea, if not I will go it alone. Thanks for reading this.’

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DaveT said:

This is on Facebook this morning, responses are without exception positive and supportive. Can you imagine Guardiola getting this kind of treatment (apart from maybe the jewellers of Manchester)…. 
‘Dear Formby Bubble:
Hi everyone, I have been giving some thought to an idea about giving Jürgen Klopp and his lovely wife some sort of a Formby send off. Both of them have been so generous not only of their time but their generosity as well to the village, mixing and joining in with the locals. They have done so much for Liverpool football club but for the city as well, I thought some sort of a gesture of appreciation from us would be a lovely thing to do. Any thoughts out there if you think this is a good idea, if not I will go it alone. Thanks for reading this.’

That's great and shows the esteem he & his family are held in by so many folks.   

On 28/04/2024 at 08:59, Anubis said:

Remember when Klopp got pellets from opposition fans for fist bumps, well now they’re all at it.

That's Frankfurt.

16 hours ago, Red Shift said:

I think its fair to say the midfield engine petered out- a combination of lack of Prem fitness (szobo + Grav) and injuries (Macca, Szobo, Bajcetic, Grav? etc)

Again, injuries in defence, and an injury to Mo and the obvious long term issues with Jota. Even Alison out for an age.

We went most of the way. We took the fight to 5 games out. The players gave their all. We won silverware and WHAT a final -toe to toe with Chelsea, cheating officials - but it was a glory day.

On reflection, I can’t be mad for long when it comes to the players. We’ve even been shown a glimpse of the future with the ‘kids on tour’ chat

It’s been a remarkable transcendent experience with Jurgen at a time when the very game itself is under threat.

We’ll never forget him, and he’ll never forget us, and that is the stuff of life.

Yeah, good post. I put as much in the “Go and support someone else then” thread. 

All things considered, this season hasn’t been a disaster by any stretch, there are certainly plenty of positives.

Its stings so much because 3/4 weeks ago, I was expecting a much better outcome than we’re going to get. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Yeah, good post. I put as much in the “Go and support someone else then” thread. 

All things considered, this season hasn’t been a disaster by any stretch, there are certainly plenty of positives.

Its stings so much because 3/4 weeks ago, I was expecting a much better outcome than we’re going to get. 

Absolutely, but then if we historically look at the Premier League, we haven’t been in Title fights until Jurgen came along, so we’re not used to getting close and losing until recently. 2014 was the exception. Prior to that, Rafa had us there or there abouts for top four. We had good runs in the CL. Going back further, to the late 70s and 80s, more often than not, if we challenged for the Title, we won it. We were THAT dominant. 

I guess what I’m trying to say, is, what’s better: challenging for Titles repeatedly and losing, or consistently hitting the bar of top 4-5 but never being in an elite challenge? Sailing a Mill Pond or negotiating Cape Horn?

The pain of losing can outweigh the excitement and adrenalin of the challenge sometimes.

If I’d walked off the pitch at Old Trafford, my bitter rival having just landed a knock out blow to put me and my team mates out of the FA Cup Semi Final, I would be not just gutted, but utterly devastated. I suspect Jurgen’s teams play emotional football, more than anything else. Picking yourself up after that, knowing you should have won and won overwhelmingly, well, it’s fucking tough.

We’re hurting, so imagine what the players are going through.

13 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Absolutely, but then if we historically look at the Premier League, we haven’t been in Title fights until Jurgen came along, so we’re not used to getting close and losing until recently. 2014 was the exception. Prior to that, Rafa had us there or there abouts for top four. We had good runs in the CL. Going back further, to the late 70s and 80s, more often than not, if we challenged for the Title, we won it. We were THAT dominant. 

I guess what I’m trying to say, is, what’s better: challenging for Titles repeatedly and losing, or consistently hitting the bar of top 4-5 but never being in an elite challenge? Sailing a Mill Pond or negotiating Cape Horn?

The pain of losing can outweigh the excitement and adrenalin of the challenge sometimes.

If I’d walked off the pitch at Old Trafford, my bitter rival having just landed a knock out blow to put me and my team mates out of the FA Cup Semi Final, I would be not just gutted, but utterly devastated. I suspect Jurgen’s teams play emotional football, more than anything else. Picking yourself up after that, knowing you should have won and won overwhelmingly, well, it’s fucking tough.

We’re hurting, so imagine what the players are going through.

Some fans feel the manager is hurting far more than any player is. Probably a fair assessment in some cases,but not untypical of modern football. But having a global game featuring global players means not everybody will understand the significance of a Man U v Liverpool fixture in the same way a 1970s or 1980s set of players would. Some experts say that is how it should be as tension inhibits performance while obviously most fans would totally disagree.

• Upvote 1