You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not sure if Edwards is back in the fold but if he is Klopp is trying to force him out again.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp wants to extend the contract of Spanish midfielder Thiago Alcantara, but others inside Anfield are not convinced the 32-year-old deserves a new deal.

Just let Thiago go. He's a quality crock.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Not sure if Edwards is back in the fold but if he is Klopp is trying to force him out again.

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp wants to extend the contract of Spanish midfielder Thiago Alcantara, but others inside Anfield are not convinced the 32-year-old deserves a new deal.

No thanks. Brilliant footballer but about as reliable as the dads you see in maccies on a Sunday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else think Jurgen will remain with us until he retires? I do. He'll be here for another 4 years or so and then retire from management. He might possibly be tempted for one last job after us, maybe the German national team but I don't see him doing another project like he did at Dortmund and Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

Have to admit that I was worried last season that the players seemed to have tuned Jurgen out. They were barely trying most weeks, confidence was awful, the defence was like a sieve and he appeared to have no real idea how to get the best out of Nunez, basically replacing him with Gakpo in January.

I thought there was a reasonable chance he had just reached the natural end of his tenure the way even most of the great managers do.

Turns out I need not have worried, last season was all Henderson’s fault.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Have to admit that I was worried last season that the players seemed to have tuned Jurgen out. They were barely trying most weeks, confidence was awful, the defence was like a sieve and he appeared to have no real idea how to get the best out of Nunez, basically replacing him with Gakpo in January.

I thought there was a reasonable chance he had just reached the natural end of his tenure the way even most of the great managers do.

Turns out I need not have worried, last season was all Henderson’s fault.

I think you've got to keep refreshing the squad. Some players will stop hearing him. Some players no matter how hard they listen, can no longer do what they used to. We had too many players, especially in midfield, who just weren't fresh. The next objective has to be refresh the defence before that gives us the same problem. 

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think you've got to keep refreshing the squad. Some players will stop hearing him. Some players no matter how hard they listen, can no longer do what they used to. We had too many players, especially in midfield, who just weren't fresh. The next objective has to be refresh the defence before that gives us the same problem. 

Well. 

I would say our backbone players for a few years were Alisson, Virgil, Trent, Robbo, Hendo, Fabinho, Mo, Mane.

That’s quite a lot, which is probably why we’ve been so good.
Virg and Trent probably needed the refresh more than most, but they’ve just been appointed captain and vice (and Trent is still mid twenties). Who would you be refreshing? 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Virgil and Matip being 32 make it even more of an imperative. 

30 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Well. 

I would say our backbone players for a few years were Alisson, Virgil, Trent, Robbo, Hendo, Fabinho, Mo, Mane.

That’s quite a lot, which is probably why we’ve been so good.
Virg and Trent probably needed the refresh more than most, but they’ve just been appointed captain and vice (and Trent is still mid twenties). Who would you be refreshing? 

I'd make Quansah captain right now.