You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

27 minutes ago, Mook said:

I've no idea why Klopp is getting involved in the song thing, I don't think it's classy of him at all.

He should concentrate on doing his job and let the support get on with the noise from the stands. If The Kop is singing in support of the manager, that means they are happy with what's happening on the park. Given the subdued atmosphere at home games, surely any sort of positive support or chanting is good.

He thinks the crowd should 100% focus on supporting the 11 players on the pitch. He also asks for as much noise as possible in almost every pre-match presser. He believes a fully charged atmosphere focused 100% on supporting the 11 men on the pitch contributes to making his job easier.

He knows his job. 

• Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

He thinks the crowd should 100% focus on supporting the 11 players on the pitch. He also asks for as much noise as possible in almost every pre-match presser. He believes a fully charged atmosphere focused 100% on supporting the 11 men on the pitch contributes to making his job easier.

He knows his job. 

Maybe he should make a wee fuss about the Bertie Mee song as well then and any others which don't relate to supporting the players on the park.

No argument from me that he knows his job, telling the supporters what songs to sing is not in his remit though.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jurgen Knows said:

He knows his job. 

unfortunately, like you, he doesn't know the tradition of supporting the manager during the games that goes back as far as Shankly

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, stringvest said:

unfortunately, like you, he doesn't know the tradition of supporting the manager during the games that goes back as far as Shankly

He knows, like I do.

He just has his own ideas. And Shankly didn’t have to compete against states, so he could afford to overlook some of the smallest details.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Maybe he should make a wee fuss about the Bertie Mee song as well then and any others which don't relate to supporting the players on the park.

No argument from me that he knows his job, telling the supporters what songs to sing is not in his remit though.

Agreed, it should be sang louder.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to love @The Woolster thread where he tabulated where we were in comparison to the previous season, and then against top 4 and title points targets.

It has been some turnaround since last season. The form since the horrible fortnight of Bournemouth, City, Chelsea and (the first half of) Arsenal in March has been superb. Even since the Wolves 3-0 loss, we have won 54 points from 24 games. That form would equate to an 86 point season, even though it includes the above fortnight of 2 points in 4 games. 

Obviously, there have been ups and downs in that run but it isn’t just the 6 game run of this season that we have turned last seasons early form around.

It has been so transformative that it skews the graph that we have more points than every team in the league, except City, since October -  gameweek 10 - last season. In our last 32 league games, we have 68 points compared to Arsenal's 67.

He has fixed it and we look hungry for more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Here's my record at games where Jurgen is the manager: P25 W21 D4 L0 F77 A17. And one of the draws was the 5-5 with Arsenal in the League Cup so Liverpool 'won' on pelanties. I was giddy beyond belief when he was appointed manager, yet imagine if someone had suggested that I could look forward to that kind of record at the ground? Ridiculous.

• Upvote 3