You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

American Politics

Boss

7 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

I can't even begin to imagine the thought processes that lead a person to believe that Joe Biden is an evil cunt.

You could say that anyone who's prepared to prop up the current system to the level that cuddly old uncle Joe is prepared to do is in fact, an evil cunt. But he's a Democratic Party member and isn't called Donald Trump so it's all good.

Status Quo Joe.

It doesn't look like what I said yesterday about not calling Biden anything will really work out, especially seeing as I'm arguing that it's not much of a stretch to think of him as an evil cunt shortly after. I'll just make sure not to take the piss out of his health. I think it's sad to see even someone like him paraded around trying to win an election just to prop up a broken system and it also highlights how frail life can be at that stage too.

Trump as we know also has some of these problems, and I wouldn't be surprised if he has some type of drug addiction to keep him going like others have thought (the sudafed thing comes to mind.)

I don't agree that Bernie should feel that he has to run for president either after what he's recently been through.

So it's not just about Biden's state or age, it's a common theme. If AOC runs in 4 years I'll be happy that we're beyond all of this, but I'm not sure how she gets past the Dem establishment to actually be picked as the candidate. I'd prefer it if a group of them just left and started off a better party that isn't so broken. They'd have a mountain to climb but at least they wouldn't have their own party working against them like this.

2 hours ago, SasaS said:

It's because of her fat thighs isn't it?

Or that she's an antidote the Russia hysteria and a veteran with a strong focus on opposing the US war machine, who could also rip into Biden and affect his chances. Can't be allowing that to happen.

The DNC would never rig anything though, nothing to see here, let's move along.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Or that she's an antidote the Russia hysteria and a veteran with a strong focus on opposing the US war machine, who could also rip into Biden and affect his chances. Can't be allowing that to happen.

The DNC would never rig anything though, nothing to see here, let's move along.

It is poor form for the DNC to change the rules from saying if you have a delegate you are in the debate.

However if you have won one single delegate out of the 1000+ that have been allocated so far, I.e. earning less than 0.1% of voters support, then you’re just embarrassing yourself playing the rigged card at this point. 

6 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

The idea that Tulsi Gabbard should be taken seriously as a Presidential candidate at this time is preposterous. 

Yeah especially if all that stuff linking her to Hindutva extremists were true.

Tulsi has no hope of winning, but her voice would've been welcomed by many at the debate.

You can tell the world is fucked too when she gets so much stick for meeting Assad. You'd think more in the US would be against the group that carried out 9/11 instead of the guy trying to fight them as they invade his country, but that's regime change propaganda for you.

If the US gov wasn't so insane they'd be fighting alongside Russia and Syria to clear those cunts out of Idlib, then they could try working out what happens with Assad. And that should result in doing the right thing : letting the Syrian people vote fairly on what happens next. But the US gov are insane, so they leave Al-Qaeda to it instead.

12 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Tulsi has no hope of winning, but her voice would've been welcomed by many at the debate.

There are two guys at the debate - she would not have been welcomed by either. 

If Bernie cannot position the left, Tulsi  Gabbard sure as fuck can't.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

There are two guys at the debate - she would not have been welcomed by either. 

If Bernie cannot position the left, Tulsi  Gabbard sure as fuck can't.

I'm not bothered about Biden and Bernie not welcoming her really. Anyway she's not going to be there so no point in me arguing more on it.

3 hours ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

If you're not with Assad, who has murdered half a million of his own people, you must be with Al Qaeda. The latest hot take from The Liverpool Way.

Maybe you can show me some reliable sources for "Assad murdered half a million". I don't think there are any. And "with Assad", nope. I prefer the Syrian government to get Al-Qaeda out of their country. If Al-Qaeda were invading Israel I'd support the Israeli government getting them out of their country. And as you might be able to guess, I'm not pro-Netanyahu.

And maybe you can tell me how this man beats Trump :

15 hours ago, viRdjil said:

Yeah especially if all that stuff linking her to Hindutva extremists were true.

She seemed pretty friendly with Modi. I’m certainly not a fan of that, but I think she has been given a rough ride of it with certain criticisms, mainly from the vacuous pundit class. Putin stooge/assadist/whatever

Trump is infinitely more lucid than Biden. Would completely embarrass him on the campaign trail. I genuinely don’t see how Biden is an improvement on Hilary Clinton - In fact he’s a much worse candidate and there is literally endless material for Trump to beat him with. 

It’s Bernie or barbarism, that’s the choice. Don’t fuck it up, America