You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford (H) 27/2/19

Bjornebye

10 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Matip as N10.

There’s nothing defenders can do to prepare for his random forays, even he doesn’t have a clue what’s going to happen.

Schrodingers Matip.

He rounded at least 12 Manchester United players on that mazy run on Sunday. The man defies science.

22 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

We can't afford not to start Shaqiri. With Firmino out, he's the only one who can create something. Keita should play as well on the odd chance he'd actually contribute something offensively for once. I don't know if Klopp's ever used this shape, but I'd go:

Mane     Salah

Shaq

Keita          Wij

Fab

Robbo VvD Matip TAA

Alisson

Repped.

Love me some 4-4-2 diamond.

The Mersey is swelling. The smell in the area around these parts is different. It hasn't smelt like this in nearly 30 years. I went to the Asda on the corner of Queens Drive/Utting Ave this afternoon. Anfield looked beautiful with the sun bouncing off it. This is going to be a battle, but fuck me, I know which side I'm on.

Some of you better pick yours. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The Mersey is swelling. The smell in the area around these parts is different. It hasn't smelt like this in nearly 30 years.

Did it smell as good as the Portuguese restaurant I ate at the night before I watched us beat United 4-0 at Anfield in 1990?

I hope so.

I had a lovely fillet of pork.  With a fried egg on top.

Another must win. Tense this league run stuff. Since city it feels like we've been given opportunities and refused to take them each time.

This is the best chance to win the league in 30 bastard years, bad results I can stomach if the performances and the fight are showing. We just look like we are lacking the will and that's whats worrying. Only in terms of winning the league though! and the unexpected heightened expectation this season has brought. We cant complain about the season the points haul is superb but it's okay if we let opportunity just whimper away to be absolutely fucking gutted.

Let's fucking batter these, heavy metal football get the swagger back.  I don't want to see as the pressure ramps up for the manager to get more conservative, we will not 1 nil our way to the league, we will more than likely draw in those scenarios and draws kill you as they have done in the past. 

Nothing to do with klopp or this team but it's fucking disgusting the club has gone 7 years without a trophy, it's become the acceptable norm.

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The Mersey is swelling. The smell in the area around these parts is different. It hasn't smelt like this in nearly 30 years. I went to the Asda on the corner of Queens Drive/Utting Ave this afternoon. Anfield looked beautiful with the sun bouncing off it. This is going to be a battle, but fuck me, I know which side I'm on.

3d68e4418360d8422958475ef5a2a948.jpg

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I would personally use Shaq as a wide forward , but I wouldn't be too upset by Sadio & Mo either side of Origi.

Would want Keita in either middle three.

Shaqiri as the wide forward wouldn't be worst idea IMHO.

But for my money absolutely no to Origi or Sturrudge for that matter - i'd rather change the formation than shoehorn either of them into a 3.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Whilst I'd take a 1 nil win now to stay to I think we need to send a big statement tonight. Watford are a decent side but if we can slot 4 or 5 past them then it will get City wondering again. They will be thinking its in the bag and a defeat is around the corner for us. I can't even think about the derby until this is out of the way. No doubt City will steamroll West Ham later. We need to fucking destroy these tonight.