You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2019 Transfer Thread

Anubis

56 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

How is he a crock though? You believe in what the club says far too much. He's played the last few seasons and a World Cup. Adam lallana has played about 5 games in 2 years.

We bought Oxlade, who probably had one of the worst injury records around. Then you have Lovren crying off every third game.

The club haven’t said anything about him being a crock, have they? It’s just been widely reported.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

It's a fine balancing act between Klopp (rightfully waiting for specific players to become available) and us being left short.

I think we are past buying players for the sake of buying but at the same time a bad injury to any of our front 3 and we are fucked.

Players are always available when you have the money to buy them. 

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Players are always available when you have the money to buy them. 

It's not easy,” says Klopp. “I said last year that to improve the team is not easy with reasonable money. With crazy money, you always can do it – okay, you pay whatever you want, then it's possible.

“We are not a club like that. We cannot do that. We are really wealthy but we cannot do what some other teams are doing. That's how it is.”

“But we don't have to. We have to find solutions during the season. Yes, you find sometimes the solution in the transfer market and we have done that. I don't have to name the players, everybody knows.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-jurgen-klopp-explains-liverpools-16634983

Imperative we hit the ground running, but will we have our front three available for the first games? They've barely had a rest since last August.

We don't play City until gameweek 12. Would anyone bet against them having 33 points by then?

48 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

It's not easy,” says Klopp. “I said last year that to improve the team is not easy with reasonable money. With crazy money, you always can do it – okay, you pay whatever you want, then it's possible.

“We are not a club like that. We cannot do that. We are really wealthy but we cannot do what some other teams are doing. That's how it is.”

“But we don't have to. We have to find solutions during the season. Yes, you find sometimes the solution in the transfer market and we have done that. I don't have to name the players, everybody knows.”

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/exclusive-jurgen-klopp-explains-liverpools-16634983

And thats why i said I didn't love him. He's perplexing as fuck.

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

Chelsea,  Arsenal nor Utd haven't done anywhere near enough to catch up. 

Can't see us being anywhere near as close to city whilst ignoring the holes in the squad, inevitable throwing in the towel in the domestic cups. 

Well no doubt have another run into the latter stages of the champions league and who knows from there. 

Wasnt so long ago Champions league qualification was an enormous task  

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

I don't think he is, I think he's just treading a very fine line between criticising spending (or lack of), and keeping a positive atmosphere and making fringe players feel a part of it all. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Or maybe you're just stupid?

What's he meant to say, "we've got loads of money and we can buy whoever we want" That'll work when trying to negotiate a fee. The market is fucked, Joa felix for £100 million is stupid money. Loads of other examples of over inflated fee's, Harry Maguire, £80 shitting million. 

I'm sure we said the same thing last year before we spent big.

I want us to sign a top player, we need it, god know's if we will but if we are trying to, Klopp said the right thing there. It's basic business tactics "i like what your selling but i can't quite afford it, any chance of lowering the price a bit?"

Anyway, why the fuck am i trying to explain this to a guy who said he doesn't love Klopp. There is literally no hope...

Want to buy some magic beans? I'll do you a deal

• Upvote 2

The idea of not buying a yo e because the market is over inflated is pretty fucking stupid. Its not going to be any cheaper in 12 months. 

We'd a good old fi a vial crash in football to just kill the ridiculous amounts floating around the game today

15 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

The idea of not buying a yo e because the market is over inflated is pretty fucking stupid. Its not going to be any cheaper in 12 months. 

We'd a good old fi a vial crash in football to just kill the ridiculous amounts floating around the game today

I’ve ran this through google translate and even that hasn’t got a clue.

Anyway, the campaign to buy a yo e starts here. 

53 minutes ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Or maybe you're just stupid?

What's he meant to say, "we've got loads of money and we can buy whoever we want" That'll work when trying to negotiate a fee. The market is fucked, Joa felix for £100 million is stupid money. Loads of other examples of over inflated fee's, Harry Maguire, £80 shitting million. 

I'm sure we said the same thing last year before we spent big.

I want us to sign a top player, we need it, god know's if we will but if we are trying to, Klopp said the right thing there. It's basic business tactics "i like what your selling but i can't quite afford it, any chance of lowering the price a bit?"

Anyway, why the fuck am i trying to explain this to a guy who said he doesn't love Klopp. There is literally no hope...

Want to buy some magic beans? I'll do you a deal

No hope eh, we can't all be happy and shiny can we? Tough shit if the market is expensive. Theres others teams trying to improve, trying to win everything they can. Why should we be exempt? We are not fucking paupers, we are one of the most watched teams in world football, that are currently raking it in through multi million pound deals, sponsorships and tv rights.

Klopp has hardly spent a fucking bean except when we sell the Clubs silver. We might buy next year when they fancy cashing in on Mo or Mane.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Lee909 said:

I'd love to know what is involved in a good old fi a vial crash, but perhaps we're all better off not knowing.