You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

6 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

If the window closes and they’ve only got Jesus (and Ferran Torres?) to play upfront then I think we’re favourites to win the league. 

I think we're 3rd favourite to the bookies sky bet has us as 4/1 and united 5/1. I think last season has tainted their view more than it should.

The United and Chelsea fanciers can’t contain themselves, they all fear City’s spending power and so we end up as fourth favourites, probably because, in the recent past, the big spenders finish top of the pile and they’ve all spent more.

We therefore have the least expectation from everyone else to win the league, despite having the best manager by far.

It will come down to how we do with injuries, and if we only have a few, we’ll win the league.

I don't know what they're talking about.

If it means that City increase their odds of winning the league this season by 3%, but ensures that they're totally out of the race to buy Haaland next summer, I actually hope they do buy Kane!

This City team, with Haaland added, is borderline unstoppable, possibly for years and years to come. This City team, with Kane, is better, sure, but then his ankles spontaneously combust and they're still excellent but beatable if we're on our game.

12 hours ago, Anubis said:

Blue Moon currently having a collective tantrum because the Kane deal is not going as planned. Some of them think we’re partly responsible….

This is Catcher levels of delusion.

D08077E1-7D0C-4F9E-8D17-8C9DEBB5544B.png

"Hey spurs, you know that £125m offer on the table for kane? Dont fucking take it. We dont want you to have £125m to spunk on new players that may make you more like the team you were for the last 4 or 5 years."

Deluded fucks. Who writes this stuff aside from Birt and now Wallace, driving this 'Kane had a verbal agreement.....' blah, blah, blah? Seriously, these two 'know' Kane had a verbal agreement? Did they have that confirmed by the other party, Levy?

Why didnt Kane have something written into that mega bucks contract he signed just over 2 years ago about leaving if spurs won nothing or didnt finish 4th? Why doesnt he slap in a transfer request, surely winning trophies with city means more to him than losing a few million in 'loyalty' payments from Spurs?

Ive no problem with players earning shitloads of money but the sheer brass neck of some of them is on another level.

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

If it means that City increase their odds of winning the league this season by 3%, but ensures that they're totally out of the race to buy Haaland next summer, I actually hope they do buy Kane!

This City team, with Haaland added, is borderline unstoppable, possibly for years and years to come. This City team, with Kane, is better, sure, but then his ankles spontaneously combust and they're still excellent but beatable if we're on our game.

I'm staggered they went for kane above haaland tbh.

18 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them sign both. I think they’ve pretty much given up pretending now

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

Haaland is a sensation, the thought of him playing for City is…….not good

Haaland is not as good as Kane yet. The elite level at the moment is the Premier League and unlike Kane he hasn’t proved himself there. There’s no guarantee that he will ever reach Kane’s level. Kane leading their line is a much more terrifying prospect than Haaland IMO, as there’s no leap of faith required in this scenario. 

Erling Haaland has 46 goals and 15 assists in his last 44 games, mate.

In Kane's last 49 games, by comparison, he has 33 goals and 17 assists. And while the Premier League is above the level of the Bundesliga, it's not that much better.

I'm not at all saying that Kane is crap - he's excellent. But Haaland is near supernatural at this point, he's so consistent it's unbelievable! And he's doing all that at 21 years old. If City were to buy him, he could go on to score 30 goals a season for the next 10 years there.

Kane is good, but he has crunchy ankles and he has maybe 2-3 years left at the top. 

It's no comparison as to which of the two is a scarier purchase to see City make right now.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Erling Haaland has 46 goals and 15 assists in his last 44 games, mate.

In Kane's last 49 games, by comparison, he has 33 goals and 17 assists. And while the Premier League is above the level of the Bundesliga, it's not that much better.

I'm not at all saying that Kane is crap - he's excellent. But Haaland is near supernatural at this point, he's so consistent it's unbelievable! And he's doing all that at 21 years old. If City were to buy him, he could go on to score 30 goals a season for the next 10 years there.

Kane is good, but he has crunchy ankles and he has maybe 2-3 years left at the top. 

It's no comparison as to which of the two is a scarier purchase to see City make right now.

The Premier League is that much better than Bundesliga. Werner scored for fun in Germany and he has so far struggled to replicate that success in the PL.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, aRdja said:

Haaland is not as good as Kane yet. The elite level at the moment is the Premier League and unlike Kane he hasn’t proved himself there. There’s no guarantee that he will ever reach Kane’s level. Kane leading their line is a much more terrifying prospect than Haaland IMO, as there’s no leap of faith required in this scenario. 

Erm, he's scored 20 Champions League goals in 14 games.

• Upvote 1

Just now, aRdja said:

To be honest I haven’t really seen that much of Haaland, but Harry Kane is a guaranteed success in the PL. I can’t imagine a better signing than him, except for maybe Mbappe and Lewandowski. 

How can you say Mbappe will be a success when he's coming from a tinpot farmers league but are so quick to write Haaland off. 

Sometimes you have to ignore the stats and the level of the league and use your eyes. Scouting is more than just goals and assists.

8 hours ago, aRdja said:

Flip side of that is you have far more years of Haaland with a significantly shorter injury history compared to Kane who you know has significant issues with his ankles, often rushes himself back and takes longer to recover.

I'd rather take the risk on Haaland any day of the week.