You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

10 hours ago, byrnie said:

Bans Wilder from being ringside/entering the ring. Refuses to attend Wilder vs Fury. Acts like that then. He is a cunt. I can't wait until Wilder sparks him or Fury shuts him out.

Clown.

I found it to be incredibly disrespectful to Whyte who did the correct thing and walked away. Fair enough if Joshua comes in the ring and does the pantomime act of building the Whyte fight but to then start chatting Wilder and turning into the Anthony Joshua show doesn't sit right with me. Let Whyte have his moment. Joshua showed his true colours in the post fight analysis where his ego was in full flight.

Whyte has no chance with Joshua.

Anybody who goes into the penultimate round with Del Boy behind on the cards after being given a 2 point bonus from the ref is not world champion class.

Very surprised at that Rosales lad losing his title to Charlie Edwards, he looked absolutely fantastic against Paddy Barnes.

18 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Whyte has no chance with Joshua.

Anybody who goes into the penultimate round with Del Boy behind on the cards after being given a 2 point bonus from the ref is not world champion class.

Very surprised at that Rosales lad losing his title to Charlie Edwards, he looked absolutely fantastic against Paddy Barnes.

Whyte gets hit far too easily, he has a pinchers chance vs Joshua but it's very likely he'll get stopped mid way through.

Edwards did very well, not seen much of Barnes but I suspect he's overrated as Rosales isn't anything special from what I've seen .

I think Barnes is a bit like Stalker. Really good amateur but doesn't have any power. All the skills the world can only help so far, if the other fella can just steam forward as he doesn't feel your power.

Barnes was doing well in the Rosales fight but couldn't hurt him. Selby beat Rosales. He isn't anything special. Don't think Edwards is either.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, John102 said:

I think Barnes is a bit like Stalker. Really good amateur but doesn't have any power. All the skills the world can only help so far, if the other fella can just steam forward as he doesn't feel your power.

Barnes was doing well in the Rosales fight but couldn't hurt him. Selby beat Rosales. He isn't anything special. Don't think Edwards is either.

Edwards v Yafai is the fight to make now, I don't rate Yafai either!

2 hours ago, John102 said:

Yafai has moved up hasn't he. Think he would stop Edwards  first half of fight.

He possibly has, I get confused with divisions as there's literally 3lbs difference. The fight could be made as they have 'history' but it's an undercard fight, nothing more.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. Becoming a very dislikable blagging cunt. Nothing about him at all. 

Easy for him to be all smiles when everything is being structured by Eddie to suit him. 

As soon as we started seeing Wilder and Fury getting the attention and keeping each other busy AJ started showing his true colours. Even more so once it was a draw and the WBC sanctioned the rematch, now he's sulking because he has to fight bums til they are finished with each other. 

It continues to bemuse me how Joshua is so disliked on here whilst Fury is so liked. I accept that Joshua is over-hyped but you can say that about so many fighters at the top of the game. Boxing is an intrinsically corrupt sport where hype is everything so it shouldn't be surprising that an Olympic gold medallist who has accumulated loads of belts is massively hyped.

He'll eventually get knocked out by someone because that's just how it goes but some of the stuff spouted will be amazing for its ridiculousness.

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

It continues to bemuse me how Joshua is so disliked on here whilst Fury is so liked. I accept that Joshua is over-hyped but you can say that about so many fighters at the top of the game. Boxing is an intrinsically corrupt sport where hype is everything so it shouldn't be surprising that an Olympic gold medallist who has accumulated loads of belts is massively hyped.

He'll eventually get knocked out by someone because that's just how it goes but some of the stuff spouted will be amazing for its ridiculousness.

He's disliked because he doesn't show his true personality, he's incredibly false and every single line out of his mouth has been orchestrated, when he has momentarily lapses like after the Whyte fight the other night you getting to see a glimpse of the 'Real Joshua' who isn't the humble, national sweetheart that they want to portray. I'd prefer him to be himself, he can be nasty, crude or anything but I'd like him a lot more than this current production line version.

Fury is more liked because he isnt faking, you get what you see without all the bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3