You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle 1 Liverpool 1 (Oct 1 2017)

tlw content

You make a good point about mental weakness, which is why I think the loss from the starting XI and squad of Milner, Clyne, Lallana and Lucas has hurt us. We are too reactive and don't stick to our principles as well as we did at this stage last season. It's going to take time for Klopp to get the likes of Salah, Ox and Trent/Gomez fully up to our pressing game and shape.

• Upvote 1

I've never understood why there hasn't been a cull here - especially given how so many of these players are the antithesis of him as men.

He is a passionate, loud, emotional, wears heart on sleeve, agresssive, full of fight man (football wise) yet he has a team full of quiet, timid, beige, mentally fragile men who don't have a lot of fight, who don't have a lot of aggression.....never mind the questionable ability in certain areas/depth.

I find it hard to believe he can genuinely like or believe in so many of these players as they are so far removed from what he is all about.

And that is before we get into how he can believe Lovren is good enough, Klavan is acceptable back up and so on.

How can a man who clearly believes in hard work and passion - heavy metal football look at Sturridge who is about as heavy metal these days as Val Doonican and think 'yeah this is the man to lead my attack'....It is baffling to me.

Maybe he hasn't had thew cull because he knows he can't get the funds for replacements.

One thing that can be be done NOW is to do something about defensive/goalkeeping coaching.Mignolet is on record as saying he had an upturn in form when he stopped listening to the coach and listened to his wife yet we still have the same twat stealing a wage.Let that sink in. Our highly paid GK coach couln't fix problems that a WOMAN could point out.

A club which has been renowned for goalies since Elisha Scott and whose Telex address (ask yer grandad) was "goalkeeper" now has two nervous Nellies leaking goals and unsettling the crap defenders in front of them. I imagine there is no shortage of suitable candidates, just about any would be an improvement.

It looks like Jaap Stam is going to be unemployed soon and I think he would be the sort of defensive coach we need.

Putting aside previous history, I think he has the hardness, skill and cuntishness that our fuckwits need. Whoever is in charge of our wobblers obviously is getting the done.

Rave over.

Maybe he hasn't had thew cull because he knows he can't get the funds for replacements.

One thing that can be be done NOW is to do something about defensive/goalkeeping coaching.Mignolet is on record as saying he had an upturn in form when he stopped listening to the coach and listened to his wife yet we still have the same twat stealing a wage.Let that sink in. Our highly paid GK coach couln't fix problems that a WOMAN could point out.

A club which has been renowned for goalies since Elisha Scott and whose Telex address (ask yer grandad) was "goalkeeper" now has two nervous Nellies leaking goals and unsettling the crap defenders in front of them. I imagine there is no shortage of suitable candidates, just about any would be an improvement.

It looks like Jaap Stam is going to be unemployed soon and I think he would be the sort of defensive coach we need.

Putting aside previous history, I think he has the hardness, skill and cuntishness that our fuckwits need. Whoever is in charge of our wobblers obviously is getting the done.

Rave over.

Not only that but he keeps chopping and changing the personnel in goal and the 4 in front which can't be helping with confidence, consistency and understanding - and that would apply to good players let alone the mediocrity we are talking about.

Bad Luck. At the moment we’re missing sitters, hitting the post while bounces end up in our net. It happens to all teams, right now it’s us. There’s one good thing about bad luck though. After it comes it goes away. There’ll be matches we’ll win as deserved, even played matches we’ll win, even matches we’ll win when the other team plays the better football.

No need to panic. Chelsea last year had 14 p after 7 matches, we have 12 this season. We’re still in a fairly good position to qualify from the CL. League cup is out our way. Not too bad considering we’ve just finished our black month.

The “black month”.  Some years ago it used to be November, last year it was January, this season it was September.

Bad Luck. At the moment we’re missing sitters, hitting the post while bounces end up in our net. It happens to all teams, right now it’s us. There’s one good thing about bad luck though. After it comes it goes away. There’ll be matches we’ll win as deserved, even played matches we’ll win, even matches we’ll win when the other team plays the better football.

No need to panic. Chelsea last year had 14 p after 7 matches, we have 12 this season. We’re still in a fairly good position to qualify from the CL. League cup is out our way. Not too bad considering we’ve just finished our black month.

The “black month”.  Some years ago it used to be November, last year it was January, this season it was September.

We have it in writing.

newcastlereport1.jpg

Just how much longer is this going to go on? It’s Groundhog Day. The same performance virtually every week and usually a similar outcome. We’ve drawn as many games as we’ve won now in all competitions and we’ve only kept two clean sheets all season. Yet we’re not playing badly. Until now that was at least some consolation, but not any more.

It’d be easier to accept if we were just shite, but we’re clearly not. We outplay the opposition in 95% of our games but often it counts for nothing because we just don't have that winning mentality and killer instinct the likes of City and United have. These players just aren’t winners. This team is mentally weak at both ends of the pitch, whether it’s not being clinical in front of goal or not being switched on at the back. 

I don’t know what the answer is, especially as we can’t buy anyone until January (and even then you know we won’t, it’s ‘a difficult window’ don’t forget). Klopp is 100% right when he says all they can do is just keep doing what they are doing and hope it eventually turns around, because there is literally no other viable alternative. There’s no point changing anything tactically as nobody ever outplays us. The problem is they don’t need to. Opposing sides just need to dig in and wait for the inevitable mistake. 

There are some things Klopp can influence, such as how the team plays and whether they can dominate games with their style of play. He’s clearly doing that well as we dominate virtually every game we play. What he can’t do is put the ball in the net for his forwards, or stop his defenders and goalkeepers from doing stupid shit that costs us goals. It’s not like he can just drop the offenders either, because they’re all fucking doing it. 

The most difficult thing for Klopp is that the fucking knobheads seem to be taking turns in fucking up at the back. It’s never the same player. If it’s not Lovren it’ll be Moreno. If it’s not him it’ll be Trent or Gomez. Or it will be Klavan or Matip. And if it’s none of them, it’ll be one of the fucking keepers or some soft cunt in midfield not doing his job. 

Klopp is responsible in so much as these are his players and he put his faith in them rather than spending money on replacing them, but in terms of fixing this on the training pitch or by changing the team around, there’s virtually nothing he can do right now other than try to keep the players confidence up and wait for it to turn around. 

It will turn around, but by the time it does it may be too late. Hell, for me it already is too late because we’re not making up seven points on either or both of the Manc clubs, and one chance of silverware in a cup has already gone at the first hurdle. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for THREE MONTHS.

Brilliant, that.

• Upvote 5

Same shit, different season.

Gave up this season in July.

Nothing more certain. Lallana injured, Sturridge flatters then deceives, Firmino scores patchily, Morono still playing left back ...........

Same old Same old.  Dave you called it last season, they sucker you in then shit in your face.

Is anyone looking forward to the Scum next?, other than Mourinho that is.