You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

2 hours ago, sir roger said:

Just on numbers grounds I can't see too many of the younger mids going this summer. Fab and Thiago are probably the only two without any question marks over them for next season for a variety of reasons encompassing age , injuries , contract and ability concerns.

I don't believe Hendo is in any danger yet either,and rightly so. If he has another injury hit 12 months though,I could see some worrying signs. 

We've all heard this over the years. 

"Klopp has insisted that" insert name here "has a future  at Liverpool" 

I too had high hopes. For him. Maybe it's something in training that's injuring players as we never have a full squad to choose from. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

If Keita was a Tinder profile he’d be one of those who’s photos all have several of her fitter mates in as well, taken at least 5 years ago. The ultimate not what I saw in the fucking brochure, is that lad.

"If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best."

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Elite said:

"If you can't handle me at my worst you don't deserve me at my best."

Apt, this was my profile photo on there for a while last year.

4BA13CA1-B3F1-4C28-BD3C-00B3B833C532.jpeg

As was this, actually.

4E63D685-9C91-4705-9B30-34D1FCD6A151.jpeg

Mixed results, but a reasonable filtering system. Random thread derailing is random, sorry.

Back to how Naby really does need to do the decent thing and get himself a transfer, anywhere, so we can buy an able-bodied midfielder for our squad.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Mark M said:

We should sell him we probably won’t because no one will pay our valuation 

Well thank fuck we dont go back to the days of being shafted on every sale we do.

Im not certain the club will hold out for a ridiculously high value but they'll make sure we dont get shafted.

1 minute ago, Elite said:

He's dead money anyway. We should just cut out losses and get anything we can.

We try to be too smart for our own good sometimes.

look at Oirgi we should have cashed in on him last summer but couldn’t agree a fee now he’s worth less than a bag of skittles.

That shambles of a performance at Real's training ground, when he was given the biggest vote of confidence possible by Klopp, ended his career here.

I said at the time we'd not see him again, and I stand by that.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, m0e said:

That shambles of a performance at Real's training ground, when he was given the biggest vote of confidence possible by Klopp, ended his career here.

I said at the time we'd not see him again, and I stand by that.

Let's hope you're right. And let's hope that's not because he's on our fringes! 

Got this horrible feeling that

A) he gets a new contract this summer 

B) he doesn’t and stays here till the end of his contract, offering us nothing and goes for nothing at the end.

Got the feeling that Klopp is desperate for him to succeed here and won’t let him leave on his watch. 

Lad might have talent but he’s had 1 good season in his career and a couple of good games in ore season the summer we signed him.

I don’t think he’s got the mentality for what it takes to be a top footballer. He’ll leave us and won’t stay at another club for longer than a season before dropping through leagues and will drop out of football before he’s 30.

Hope we can con someone out of £20m + and we get him replaced with some quality. 

• Upvote 1

On 15/05/2021 at 14:51, Em City said:

Yep, very talented but completely let down by a weak mentality and proneness to injury.

In hindsight, we should have seen the writing on the wall when he arrived with no English despite knowing know he was coming here for an entire year.

I was just going to bring the not learning English thing up! Bad attitude that. 
It’s not like they don’t have good English teachers in Germany, look at Klopp and Tuchel! I always remember Klopp being complimented on his English by a journo and he shrugged and said he learnt at school. Well I ‘learnt’ French at school but I couldn’t carry out a good conversation with a French person!

• Upvote 1

Just get him bin bagged.

He is eating up a big wage for zero return and simply isn't there to be relied upon when we need him.

We can't afford to waste the wage that could be used on someone who can actually be called upon and be ready, and we can't carry the waste of a squad place he is.

Get him gone.

Biggest disappointment  since Kewell . Game changing player massive chunk of transfer budget , need to consider who we didnt buy and what they could have brought to team eg Maddison perhaps or god forbid a younger Fernandes . Now we "hear" rumblings he wants to leave , he can fuck right off he has been a disaster .

7 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Biggest disappointment  since Kewell . Game changing player massive chunk of transfer budget , need to consider who we didnt buy and what they could have brought to team eg Maddison perhaps or god forbid a younger Fernandes . Now we "hear" rumblings he wants to leave , he can fuck right off he has been a disaster .

You can't get every transfer right though. The key is identifying they're shit early and getting rid while their stock is still high. After 3 seasons, we've probably let this one run a bit too far. His contract is failing into his last 2 years, he's been off form for 3 years and wasn't sparkling by all accounts in his final year at RBL, so it's 4 ordinary or below seasons. We'll do well to get half of our money back (was he 52m?) , But if we can recover a tad over 20m, it's the equivalent of Gini leaving and won't represent an asset loss. 

3 hours ago, suzy said:

I was just going to bring the not learning English thing up! Bad attitude that. 
It’s not like they don’t have good English teachers in Germany, look at Klopp and Tuchel! I always remember Klopp being complimented on his English by a journo and he shrugged and said he learnt at school. Well I ‘learnt’ French at school but I couldn’t carry out a good conversation with a French person!

Imagine how good Aguero would have been for City if he bothered to learn some English.

• Upvote 1