You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Cricket Thread

A_S

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Nothing in the wicket for him though, basically hoping for a mistake, these two are set though and just happy to milk the bowling atm. 

I know, it just pisses me off when he gets taken off after two overs like at Durham.  His wickets against the Aussies came in his third over.

Guest Pistonbroke

Once the new ball has worn off it looks a decent wicket to bat on. It could easily get better and offer less to the NZ openers. Weather is supposed to stay the same until about 15:30 and then sunny intervals. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, TK421 said:

I know, it just pisses me off when he gets taken off after two overs like at Durham.  His wickets against the Aussies came in his third over.

Set batsman tend to make things harder though. 

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, Dougie Do'ins said:

Crowd trying to get things going. Well some of them.

You can barely here them. Bet the members are already putting in complaints. 

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

New bat in :-)

Aye, couldn't have worked out better for Rashid having a pop at a new batsman. Kind of called it between us. Thank fuck Williamson got a feather on that Plunkett ball. Massive wicket, if we can get another soon. 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Look on Williamson's face said it all. Knew he'd tickled that.

It was weird, the spike made it look a bit more than a tickle. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, Hand Shandy said:

I know it's been said, but the crowd is shite.

There's more atmosphere in my front room, and I'm on my fucking own!

The Toffs have to have their day out to talk business and get pissed on expensive liquid. Home of Cricket my arse. 

Just now, Hand Shandy said:

I know it's been said, but the crowd is shite.

There's more atmosphere in my front room, and I'm on my fucking own!

If this was at OT , Edgbaston or Headingley the atmosphere alone would make it feel like a World Cup Final .

i can remember being a kid and seeing the Taverners Bar and it used to look boss